Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:36:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My parents administered some serious beatings when I was a kid.  At early middle school age I once threatened my mother with a call to whatever child services use to be called back then.  She handed me the phone and said "go ahead, enjoy living in a foster home."  There is a reason I turned out OK.  Because my parents were not afraid to discipline me.

One of my friends had his son threaten this crap.  Daddy grabbed son's suitcase and started packing it.  When the kid asked what he was doing, the answer was that if the police came to take him away, they were taking the kid too because the kid would never be let back in the house.

Brought that shit to a screeching halt.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:38:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm surprised there was a dad
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:39:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My parents would have beaten me to death, out of shame, if I had ever behaved like an animal out in public.  Or anywhere else.

Nobody got no shame today. Besides, my baby good, he ain't done nuthin.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:40:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If my kid was hurt and you were laughing, I would look you dead in the eye, and say "Fuck You", not loud, just normal conversation.

You stop laughing. In a normal voice,I look you dead in the eye,and say "Fuck You" again.

The ball is in your court, funny boy.

If your kid was being an annoying little brat and got hurt, I would laugh my ass off...

You should have been watching him.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:42:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If my kid was hurt and you were laughing, I would look you dead in the eye, and say "Fuck You", not loud, just normal conversation.

You stop laughing. In a normal voice,I look you dead in the eye,and say "Fuck You" again.

I would have laughed and told you this is what happens when you don't watch your kid. One if lifes lessons he hopefully learns, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:43:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

awesome, an internet tough guy
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:43:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

your kid is acting like a tard and runs out of control into my cart....i am laughing...
I obviously dont like to see kids hurt- in fact, i would blame YOU for not protecting your child...."protecting" them by threatening someone who did nothing AFTER they are hurt  is just silly.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:45:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If I'd seen him coming, I turn my cart into him at the last second for a little added oomph

+1, and maybe even "leaned" into the cart a bit too..
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:46:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Where I'm from, we never could act up around parents when we were younger. All of our parents made some sort of nonverbal agreement that if we were acting like little shits at a friend house we would get punished too.

My friends dad had a whippin tool that he used when kids got out of line. It was a 13'' piece of industrial rubber tubing. We never really knew what it was, we just assumed it was handed to him by Lucifer himself...

Anyways, we called the the black mamba and it would put us on the floor quick.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:02:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Way back in the day (late 80's) when I was 7 or so, I was at WalMart with my mom.  Some little fucker was running around doing the same thing, then his huge hoosier mom comes up and starts spanking the shit out of him, I mean really wailing on him and he starts crying.  My mom looked at the woman and said to her, if you don't treat your kids like animals, they won't behave like animals.  The look on the woman's face was priceless.  This was 20 years ago and I still remember it like it was yesterday.  

Ahhh, gotta love Walmart.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:08:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
[snip] "if you don't treat your kids like animals, they won't behave like animals.

That's the biggest bunch of shit I've read all morning!

If the kid wasn't BEHAVING like a animal the mom wouldn't have to TREAT her kid like a animal!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:14:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Riiiight....  

LOL.. In front of your jacked up kid,you start shit with a man that has done nothing....

We got a smart one here folks!

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:21:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Well, maybe if you directed some of that "discipline" towards your child, you wouldn't have to direct it at some random stranger....

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:35:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I see this regularly at work too. I work in a clinic. A few times a week, I walk in the room, and there's Mom with her four kids with four different last names. Everyone one of them has 3-4 latex gloves on their hands, and they've rooted through the drawers, looking for band-aids, gauze, whatever. Medical supplies are strewn across the floor. Mom is sitting there calmly, either doing nothing, or texting madly, oblivious to the scene being created by her precious little snowflakes.
When I ask, "Why are they in all that stuff?", Mom says (beaming proudly), "Oh, little Johnny's going to be a doctor when he grows up."
Really Mom? With the sterling example you're setting, little Johnny's gonna be lucky to get his GED by age 25.
Growing up, you didn't touch ANYTHING at the doctor or dentist's office, and you'd get slapped in the back of the head if you stepped out of line.
<now get off my lawn>              

charge the mom for the supplies the kids wasted.

In theory, that would be a great idea. However, the kids are probably on Medicaid. Thanks to our benevolent politicians, clinics are prohibited, by law, from directly charging patients on Medicaid. You can only bill their copay, and children don't have a copay on Medicaid.

This is just one of the many reasons clinics are dropping Medicaid. If you knew you were gonna get billed for your kid's behavior, the child would be disciplined.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:37:04 AM EDT
[#15]

It's the worthless fucktard breeding "parents" that need the beating.......and sterilization.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:40:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If you allowed your kid to run free in the store, and he gets hurt, it's YOUR fault.
YOU would be the one who failed at controlling your spawn, and you should expect to get laughed at if you allow your kid to embarrass you in public.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:43:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Quoted:

[snip] "if you don't treat your kids like animals, they won't behave like animals.

That's the biggest bunch of shit I've read all morning!
If the kid wasn't BEHAVING like a animal the mom wouldn't have to TREAT her kid like a animal!
Although I'm a proponent of selective spanking, I agree with bjkb1f on this one. All kids are gonna push the limits. Sometimes, they're gonna need swift punishment. But if you're consistent over time, there are other techniques besides beating your kid to a bloody pulp. If they get beaten for every little infraction, the beatings lose their effectiveness. The kid just thinks that taking a beating is part of life and expects it.
Instead, you try redirecting them to something else and let them know that running around like an escaped mental patient isn't acceptable, even if Wal-mart is filled with other mental patients.
I'm not under the impression that my kids are faultless little angels. But I can see improvement over time, especially when they get older.
By the way, what is a "hoosier"? My brother who lived in Kansas City says this occasionally. I figure he's not just talking about fans of Indiana basketball or the Gene Hackman movie.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:46:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Couple comments from the 'other side'.

It is extremely dangerous to properly discipline your children in public. While I agree that there is nothing wrong with a smack in the butt when necessary, you run the very real risk of some do-gooding white knight calling the cops or Child Protective Services on you.

And the problem isn't with the kids so much. Kids are kids, and they run and play; thats what they do. The problem comes when the parents can't see when their kids fucked up, like the people in the OPs story. If the parents had told little Johnny 'well thats what happens when you screw around' and had lil Johnny apologize to the OP, that would have been a much different story.

Keeping it out of the public eye didn't help my step brother. He spanked his stepson Noah, the grandparents found out and called the police. My step brother spent a night in jail as I recall.

Those grandparents never saw the kid again, right?

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:49:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm surprised there was a dad

Yeah no shit.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:51:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Gimme a break.  The kid was RUNNING in WallyWorld and this makes him a brat. He smacks into your cart, and you, the "adult,"  LAUGH at him?   Damn......and damn again.....what was life like in your perfect childhood?

"............Teach them basic behavior rules............"    The advise you offer is something you should take a look at.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:54:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My parents would have beaten me to death, out of shame, if I had ever behaved like an animal out in public.  Or anywhere else.

Me too
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:54:50 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

So your kid fucks up and you want to fight?   You're gonna get shot some day.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:57:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My parents administered some serious beatings when I was a kid.  At early middle school age I once threatened my mother with a call to whatever child services use to be called back then.  She handed me the phone and said "go ahead, enjoy living in a foster home."  There is a reason I turned out OK.  Because my parents were not afraid to discipline me.

One of my friends had his son threaten this crap.  Daddy grabbed son's suitcase and started packing it.  When the kid asked what he was doing, the answer was that if the police came to take him away, they were taking the kid too because the kid would never be let back in the house.

You can usually tell whose parents live in fear of society and their children and whose parents lay down the law.  My parents did not live in fear of society - they were the law in the household.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:02:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too

Look......I am a firm believer in corporal punishment.  I have 4 kids, and they were raised with a solid dose of it.  But, give me a break.  A kid RUNNING in WallyWorld is not a cardinal sin !  Is the OP, honestly going to claim, that he has never committed such a transgression ?!  An instant apology from a 5YO who has just head-planted into a shopping cart is not a reasonable expectation.  An adult laughing at a kid who has just crashed into a shopping cart is disturbing.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:05:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too

But, what would your dad have done if he appeared, after the fact, saw you stunned and crying and some creepy guy with a shopping cart standing there laughing at you ?!

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:06:04 AM EDT
[#26]
<Anonymous> Now, I’m sure many of you have encountered little shits in supermarkets.
Little kids running about and knocking things over, being rude, walking all over their parents, you know the kind.
But the worst are the biters. Yes, those little cunts that feel it is okay to bite you whenever they feel like it.

<Anonymous> Okay, here’s the best part. A biter got me today when I was grocery stopping. He broke the fucking skin, too.
This was when the gears started turning, the moment I saw a tiny sprickle of blood on the little shit’s teeth as he was grinning at me like the little cunt he is.
I made my eyes get wide, and started screaming “SHIT! SHIT!.” Now, my good friend, Tom we’ll call him, was there too, and he instantly picked up on it.
He started shouting “FUCK! MAYBE HE DIDN’T GET IT! FUCK!.” By now, the kid is scared shitless and starts crying, and instantly,
Mizz Mom appears out of nowhere and starts getting pissy at us for yelling at her kid.

<Anonymous> Here’s the kicker, I look her straight in the eye and say, “Mam, get your son tested as soon as possible, he just bit me and I’m… I’m FUCKING HIV POSITIVE.”

<Anonymous> And now there is silence. Not a peep in the entire store. The brat knows he just fucked up big time because his mom isn’t defending his ass.
She just stares at me wide eyed. I walk away from them, buy my shit from the wide eyed cashier, all the while blood is dripping from my calf,
making a nice little trail on the floor. And, just s we leave, we start to hear the mother sobbing. Sobbing like the cunt she is.

<Anonymous> I have never felt any more satisfaction than the moment I heard that sob.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:11:34 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

<Anonymous> Now, I’m sure many of you have encountered little shits in supermarkets.

Little kids running about and knocking things over, being rude, walking all over their parents, you know the kind.

But the worst are the biters. Yes, those little cunts that feel it is okay to bite you whenever they feel like it.

<Anonymous> Okay, here’s the best part. A biter got me today when I was grocery stopping. He broke the fucking skin, too.

This was when the gears started turning, the moment I saw a tiny sprickle of blood on the little shit’s teeth as he was grinning at me like the little cunt he is.

I made my eyes get wide, and started screaming "SHIT! SHIT!.” Now, my good friend, Tom we’ll call him, was there too, and he instantly picked up on it.

He started shouting "FUCK! MAYBE HE DIDN’T GET IT! FUCK!.” By now, the kid is scared shitless and starts crying, and instantly,

Mizz Mom appears out of nowhere and starts getting pissy at us for yelling at her kid.

<Anonymous> Here’s the kicker, I look her straight in the eye and say, "Mam, get your son tested as soon as possible, he just bit me and I’m… I’m FUCKING HIV POSITIVE.”

<Anonymous> And now there is silence. Not a peep in the entire store. The brat knows he just fucked up big time because his mom isn’t defending his ass.

She just stares at me wide eyed. I walk away from them, buy my shit from the wide eyed cashier, all the while blood is dripping from my calf,

making a nice little trail on the floor. And, just s we leave, we start to hear the mother sobbing. Sobbing like the cunt she is.

<Anonymous> I have never felt any more satisfaction than the moment I heard that sob.

The sad thing is that if this happened in real life, someone would try to call a cop to arrest you.  Not the brat.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:18:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It's the worthless fucktard breeding "parents" that need the beating.......and sterilization.

I endorse this post!!!!

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:18:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can usually tell whose parents live in fear of society and their children and whose parents lay down the law.  My parents did not live in fear of society - they were the law in the household.

But that was probably before they were being told that they could call the cops on their parents.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:19:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Gimme a break.  The kid was RUNNING in WallyWorld and this makes him a brat. He smacks into your cart, and you, the "adult,"  LAUGH at him?   Damn......and damn again.....what was life like in your perfect childhood?

"............Teach them basic behavior rules............"    The advise you offer is something you should take a look at.

A Clue............you NEED one!!

Quoted:
An adult laughing at a kid who has just crashed into a shopping cart is disturbing.

You need to get out more..........

Maybe life in California is different?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:19:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hes gotta be trolling.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:21:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:

DING, DING!! I love when people defend stupid behavior with escalating stupid behavior.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:23:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Whenever I see parents with well behaved children come into the store, I like to give them a compliment. You can see the pride in the parent's faces and the children's  faces too.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:42:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Wow!

I can't believe how many people are stepping up to defend bad behavior.

This is another "ARFCOM" has changed thread.

If you can't connect the dots between entitled brats and the parents that make them that way, you are helpless.

And we wonder how Obama got elected...  With so many "me, me, me" people raised to believe they were the center of the universe, how could he NOT have been elected.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#35]
I guess when I was little, like 4 years old, I wanted something in the store, and my folks said no so I flopped down and started a temper tantrum, but they just kept ignoring and walking away from me so I had to keep getting up and trying to flop down in front of them.
I got tired and just gave up after 5 minutes. I got my ass smacked when we got home though.
Sometimes ignoring your kid can work if you do it right.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:55:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'd still be laughing my ass off, and I'd look you striaght in the eye, and in a normal tone of voice I'd say "control your fucking brat, and shut your cock-holster, asshole". So, the balls are in your court, tough guy.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:59:14 AM EDT
[#37]
To the OP, did you happen to have any "muffins" in the cart when the kid ran into it?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:59:31 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Well that's what you get for creeping around the toy aisle...

What was he doing in Sporting Goods?

Ammo Buycott Day isn't for a few more weeks.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

This, my thoughts exactly.  Im not sure how your joy at someone elses pain is any better indication of proper upbringing than is an out of control 5 year old.  His excuse for poor behavior is, he is 5, yours is ...?????

I appreciate your sentiment and you can be sure my kids know how to behave in public, but Laughing at an injured child shows you are messed up yourself.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:09:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
"So I'm in Wally-World.........getting some groceries and shotgun shells."

Thank you, this has got to be the only place in the world where that comment doesn't even raise an eyebrow.
You're my hero for the week, rock on!

Thanks for giving those parents something to think about, though probably went in one ear and out the other. As somebody else already posted, my mother would have beaten the crap out of me for misbehaving and embarrassing her.

i didnt even notice till you pointed it out.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:10:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Wow!

I can't believe how many people are stepping up to defend bad behavior.

This is another "ARFCOM" has changed thread.

If you can't connect the dots between entitled brats and the parents that make them that way, you are helpless.

And we wonder how Obama got elected...  With so many "me, me, me" people raised to believe they were the center of the universe, how could he NOT have been elected.

Winner.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:14:32 AM EDT
[#42]
my wife [who i called the DI ]was in calif. visiting her sister. she went to the supermarket, with her 5-6 yo nephew in tow. at the check-out counter, he started cutting up a little, to which she promptly rapped him one on the side of his head [lighty, just enough to get his attention ], and said ''stop that''. the cashier stopped checking and asked, ''lady where are you from?'', to which the missus relied, ''mississippi''. the lady then told her, ''you are in calif. now, and i'll call the cops if you abuse that child anymore''.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:19:25 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I was helping a Phillipino family get their dsl internet working...  I never wanted to spank someone elses kid so bad.

Why... didn't you ask/demand that the mom care for the spawn?

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:29:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

HAHAHAAHAHA!  What in the hell makes you think I would stop laughing? What got us a Billy Badass here, folks. Yawn.
ETA: I'll go ahead and admit I would not be happy a child was hurt ( far from it) ...I would blame YOU.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:36:39 AM EDT
[#45]
One of my nephews has been an asshole since he could walk. He is now in middle school, just a bigger asshole. Parents basically let him run the roost. Parents basically have taught him no social skills. He's  been in private school for the last 6 years. The piper is now being paid, he's in the local public school and getting beat up on a regular basis. He finally ran into some kids his own age, he's finally run into kids who don't take crap off of him, he's finally run into staff that lets the kids be kids, not a bunch of politically correct wimps. Life is good....

Update: wife was called by her sis, seems the kid caused the SIL to go to the hosp e-ward for a fucked up ankle given to her by the kid when he wasn't getting his way. Told wife this is just the start, and that her stupid sis can next expect the kid to start in on the drugs, hell, he's already been stealing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:37:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
my wife [who i called the DI ]was in calif. visiting her sister. she went to the supermarket, with her 5-6 yo nephew in tow. at the check-out counter, he started cutting up a little, to which she promptly rapped him one on the side of his head [lighty, just enough to get his attention ], and said ''stop that''. the cashier stopped checking and asked, ''lady where are you from?'', to which the missus relied, ''mississippi''. the lady then told her, ''you are in calif. now, and i'll call the cops if you abuse that child anymore''.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:14:31 AM EDT
[#47]
When I was teenager my mom called her friend and had her send her husband over to beat me.  

"Judy...it's Liz, send Greg over to beat Silly_Look, He won't clean his room."

Greg showed up to me furiously cleaning my room.  Greg was 6'7'' and 250lbs, he finally knocked me down, picked me up by one ankle, and whipped me with his belt while I was upside down.

My mom was always willing to go that extra mile.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:23:29 AM EDT
[#48]

I have absolutely no compunction about verbally correcting other peoples kids. All of my parents friends did thie when we were growing up and we learned to respect the wishes of our elders.

I don't worry about correcting my kids in public either.

I have done it enough that now I can correct them with a look.

It pays too. Saturday my son (10) and I were in Johnny Rockets with a load of other families (none which we knew). We were about half way through our meal when the waitress came by with our refills and said, "I really have enjoyed waiting on you guys, your son is so polite and well mannered", as she cut her eyes towards the other little bastards that were raising nine kinds of hell.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:38:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I understand your pain here,I really do.. However, if I was already laughing at what transpired with your child, and you said this to me I'd start doing this ––-> over your weak attempt to blame others for your sons actions that WOULD NOT OF OCCURD if you or your kids momma had been vigilant for his safety and well being in the first place..

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:11:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too

Look......I am a firm believer in corporal punishment.  I have 4 kids, and they were raised with a solid dose of it.  But, give me a break.  A kid RUNNING in WallyWorld is not a cardinal sin !  Is the OP, honestly going to claim, that he has never committed such a transgression ?!  An instant apology from a 5YO who has just head-planted into a shopping cart is not a reasonable expectation.  An adult laughing at a kid who has just crashed into a shopping cart is disturbing.

Call me disturbed, too, I guess.  Assuming the kid was not hurt (I'm talking physical damage), I'd be laughing my head off.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top