BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:06:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if Shit-for-Brains will respect authority now?

Hopefully he's paralyzed or dies from infection.

I vote for stuck in a wheelchair as an example to his friends.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:08:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:12:11 AM EDT
[#3]
as good as good gets.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:13:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Since he's in the hospital can we do the world a favor and get him fixed.  No reason for this guy to breed.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:17:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Was this a double tap or triple tap?  I couldn't tell.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:19:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Looked like a mock charge. Tubby hesitated and shuffled before the shots were fired.
If Tubby was really determined to, he would have stabbed the officer.

Good shoot regardless.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:22:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Tubby hesitated and shuffled

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:26:36 AM EDT
[#8]
That dude really needs to work on his acceleration.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:31:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Good shoot, but the 21 foot rule applies when the shooter goes from draw to trigger pull.  The officer in this vid had already has his weapon drawn and aimed.

Not only that, but you can take a weapon from the hand of a guy holding it to your head before he can fully react.

In fact, you can do the same to a guy holding a gun to the BACK of your head.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:33:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Dumb kid. Did he think if he managed to kill officer 1 that officer 2 wouldn't shoot him?

Anybody notice the cop kept closing distance on the guy. Thats the last thing I'd do with someoen with a knife. The beauty of a gun is that it allows distance. If you want to get close to someone with a kinfe you'd be better served with a sword than a pistol. Advancing on him makes no sense.

That was puzzling to me too. Wouldn't that be one of the first questions that would be discussed in review, as the video is dissected?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:34:28 AM EDT
[#11]
don't bring a knife to a gun fight
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:37:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Dumb Ass! I guess "Stupid got Fixed."
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:43:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, but his gun was already drawn.

This, and it was still pretty close. I think this does more to confirm the rule than it does to bust it.

Yeah... that guy got too close for my comfort.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:50:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Charging a cop who has already drawn a bead on you?
That's got to be either suicide or high he was as a kite.  I really thing somebody that stupid would forget to breathe.
Either way too bad the cop just winged him.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:56:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Good shoot, but the 21 foot rule applies when the shooter goes from draw to trigger pull. The officer in this vid had already has his weapon drawn and aimed.

If the officer had had to take time to draw (about 1.5 seconds), the suspect would have been able to stab him.

This is a clear example of the Teuller test holding true.

IE, when facing a knife armed suspect, at 21 feet you had better have your gun drawn. Some say 30 feet is a better minimum distance.

Some Departments/Academies have changed the 21' Rule to 33'.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:09:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Good shoot; stupid should hurt.

Quoted:
Charging a cop who has already drawn a bead on you?
That's got to be either suicide or high he was as a kite.  I really thing somebody that stupid would forget to breathe.
Either way too bad the cop just winged him.

Too early to be drinking, no?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:18:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Wow.  Doesn't get any cleaner than that!

my exact thought LOL

officer probably should have moved off the X also

but I'm not gonna armchair him like others here

he won

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:22:01 AM EDT
[#18]
What a dumbass
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:28:48 AM EDT
[#19]
How many shots was that?

3?

Should have been 4.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:32:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Play stupid games...
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:33:05 AM EDT
[#21]
The cop hit him , and had his pistol already drawn on the subject, thankfully the kid wasn't motivated enough to clear the extra 4 foot distance before he collapsed , otherwise the cop would have been stabbed.

The docs here can correct me , but it was my thinking if he would have had a CNS shot, his leg wouldn't twitch like that. I imagine he was hit 3 times or so by the cop , as the story states, the other cop was told to taze the kid , but that didn't happen before he started running.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:36:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Is this the guy who was supposedly 'carving a totem pole' at 3 am according to family members?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:39:48 AM EDT
[#23]
I bet that cop peed in his pants a little bit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:47:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Is this the guy who was supposedly 'carving a totem pole' at 3 am according to family members?

Nahhh, Totem guy was older and now deader...
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:51:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The Wood County Sheriff’s Department has released video of a Wisconsin Rapids police officer’s shooting of a 16-year-old boy who was carrying a knife.

At 2:59 a.m. Aug. 15, a Wisconsin Rapids officer responded to the report of three people attacking a vehicle and one person threatening a man with a knife.

Wisconsin Rapids Officer Rod Krakow, a 22-year veteran of the department, encountered a 16-year-old boy on Gaynor Avenue.

In the video taken from Krakow’s squad car, Krakow can be heard repeatedly telling the teenager to drop the knife and get to the ground. He tells another officer to "tase him” just before the teenager lunges with the knife at the officer.

Wood County Sheriff’s Department Investigator-Sgt. Scott Machotka said the teenager was about 18 feet from the officer when he lunged forward. He was 12 feet away from Krakow when the first shot was fired and fell to the ground about four feet from Krakow.

The teenager remained in fair condition today at Saint Joseph’s Hospital in Marshfield

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=97d_1283635571  

Play stupid games.

Now that is a good shoot.

Stupid hurts.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:52:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

WTF does that have to do with it being a good shoot?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:55:12 AM EDT
[#27]
3/10

Under cooked!!

No drink
No Napkin
No Knife
no reloads
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:56:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Don't run at a cop with a knife, especially when cop already has gun drawn.

I guess that fat kid  will learn that lesson now.

My mother taught me never run with a knife  in my hand.

Smart woman.                                        
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:59:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF does that have to do with it being a good shoot?

I guess I missed the post title before edit.                              

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Tagged for after work.

Watched it, looks like a good shoot to me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:14:30 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

...oh, and the officer should have moved.

I think that is probably indicative of a training failure.  What do you think?  My guess is, during his firearms training, all they had him do was static drills from the Weaver or Isosceles.  Since he didn't practice it enough, he reverted to his remedial action, which was to form proper shooting stance and shoot.  

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:14:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Busted my muscular buttocks.

Had fat boy any real aggressiveness to him he could still have closed with the cop, grappled him and stabbed the crap out of him.  Unless pudgy took a round thru the spine he fell down because he thought he was supposed to fall down, not because his body couldn't  keep him in the fight.  As it was he still only fell over about 4 feet from the copper.  Talk about way close.  Even with a perfect heart shot a truly motivated attacker still has that dead man's 10 - 15 seconds in which to be a threat.  If you've ever been in a fight you know just how long 10 seconds can be.

I agree at our agency we due shoot down because of that. We got a away from the shoot a couple times and evaluate about 5 years ago. I'm still very happy with the ending though, was the kid on anything, or a history of M.H.I.?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:21:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

exactly. try that from cover. this is a good video for people to watch that ask if they should carry with a rnd chambered ect. when the shit goes down, it goes down fast. Good shoot.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:21:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dumb kid. Did he think if he managed to kill officer 1 that officer 2 wouldn't shoot him?

Anybody notice the cop kept closing distance on the guy. Thats the last thing I'd do with someoen with a knife. The beauty of a gun is that it allows distance. If you want to get close to someone with a kinfe you'd be better served with a sword than a pistol. Advancing on him makes no sense.

That was puzzling to me too. Wouldn't that be one of the first questions that would be discussed in review, as the video is dissected?

I believe he was getting closer so his partner could to taze, big boy.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:22:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Good shoot.  

But I've got to ask, can't you cops give orders without screaming incoherently?  For God's sakes, it's a 16 year old kid, not a 90 year old man with dead hearing aid batteries.  Screaming at the top of your lungs really isn't necessary when someone is 15 feet away from you, and it's really difficult to understand when something is screamed that loud really close up.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#36]
The way the perp was staggering and weaving he looks like he was under the influence of something, which may
partially explain the super,super, bad judgement call of charging a police officer with a knife while he has his gun drawn on you.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:31:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Good shoot.  

But I've got to ask, can't you cops give orders without screaming incoherently?  For God's sakes, it's a 16 year old kid, not a 90 year old man with dead hearing aid batteries.  Screaming at the top of your lungs really isn't necessary when someone is 15 feet away from you, and it's really difficult to understand when something is screamed that loud really close up.

Where is the microphone that picked up what the officer was saying?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:37:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Looked like he wanted to be shot.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:43:59 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Good shoot.

Text book.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:48:00 AM EDT
[#40]
good shoot except he was still moving......

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:49:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Good shoot.

THIS
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:52:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good shoot.  

I think it would help if the department updated their 1980's VHS camera system.  Sounds like me the sound is distorted more from the Andy Griffith old equipment.  Why so many departments neglect to update their camera systems every now and again is beyond me.

Why do we yell?  To try to have more of an effect and to show that we are serious.  Plus, if we are envolved in a shooting, it helps to have people from 5 blocks away saying they could hear the officer yelling to drop the weapon so there is no question about it.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:59:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:01:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good shoot.  

I think it would help if the department updated their 1980's VHS camera system.  Sounds like me the sound is distorted more from the Andy Griffith old equipment.  Why so many departments neglect to update their camera systems every now and again is beyond me.

Why do we yell?  To try to have more of an effect and to show that we are serious.  Plus, if we are envolved in a shooting, it helps to have people from 5 blocks away saying they could hear the officer yelling to drop the weapon so there is no question about it.

$$$$$$$$$  Stuff costs money. LEA's get their money from taxes, people don't like paying taxes.

Yet, when an incident like this happens, those same people want to know why the LEA didn't have state of the art equipment.

Most officers I know, carry the mic-pac on their shoulder epualet, 6" from their mouth. It tends to make the officer's voice sound louder.

Yelling seems really, really loud, under the same conditions, louder than it actually was.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good shoot.  

Stress is usually the cause.  The voice raises at least a couple of octaves and increases in volume, often without the person knowing it.  Don't many agencies also teach using the "command voice"?  If you can confuse someone and scare them enough, many times they will follow orders as a default.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:04:57 AM EDT
[#46]
It looks like that fat peice of shit got what he deserved.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:06:05 AM EDT
[#47]
These things happen....
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:06:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Looks like suicide by cop to me.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:06:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Games and prizes
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:08:25 AM EDT
[#50]
lol

Take average arfcomer and put him in close range with a large, belligerent armed man and see just how soft they can maintain their speech.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top