Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:36:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Look for page 2!! w00t!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:42:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I was thinking about looking at some duplexes or townhouses or something like that... A garage is good.

The problem is we could pay a home mortgage for the cost of a good apartment. We just can't find any homes we like enough to dump a 20% down payment on get tied down to for a while.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:05:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know what the rental availability is in your area, but if you have the choice, I vastly prefer a flat to an apartment...

I've always heard the two terms used interchangeably. What's the difference?  
At least in my mind, a flat is the whole floor of a (usually multi-story) house. Usually separate entrances, with an upper and a lower. When I think of an Apartment, I think of a large building where you might have many units, with neighbors on all sides of you.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:11:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Top floor.
Personal Washer/Dryer.
No roommates.
Porch or Deck to sit on.
Central Air/Heat.
Easy parking.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:15:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Chose a unit as far away from the dumpsters as possible.  They empty those things at 4:00 AM and the noise from the truck is awful.  They smell like shit ALL of the time.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top