Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:06:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
i can't tell what country that is? Sweden?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zenica

bosnia
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:12:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I arrived just after a guy was hit by an 18 wheeler on the Maine Turnpike several years ago.................there was a trail of his internal organs along the lane...............no need to check!

Yep. The human body is designed by our creator to withstand impacts at running speed: 6 mph. 95 mph vs a car and a 30m trajectory home to Elijah Rock not so much.

I'm glad he died quick instead of suffering.

Oddly enough, people survive stuff like this occasionally.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:15:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
so is he gonna be ok or what?

Nope, wasnt wearing a helmet.

No way a helmet would have saved that guy.

This is a prime example, Of why those fagtards with spandex should be on a path and not in the road with traffic.

I knew it was only a matter of time before people like you showed up to the thread.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:20:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Holy shit.  I'm sure he was DRT, but couldn't anybody at least check him out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:22:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn that was a violent impact....
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:25:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a prime example, Of why those fagtards with spandex should be on a path and not in the road with traffic.

fagtard? I am assuming you are not quite out of elementary school yet.....
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:25:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Fucking sucks. All that probably so the driver could get to where he was going two minutes early.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:29:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:29:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Holy shit.  I'm sure he was DRT, but couldn't anybody at least check him out.

I think the guy in the minivan that stopped in the intersection knew that nothing could be done, he didn't have to go any closer to be any surer.

Prayers, nobody has to die that way.  At least it was quick.

-Gator
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:29:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Fucking sucks. All that probably so the driver could get to where he was going two minutes early.

it was a woman on narcotics
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:31:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

it was a woman on narcotics

All so that the driver could get to where she was going much, much higher.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I like how nobody checks on the guy.......

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I arrived just after a guy was hit by an 18 wheeler on the Maine Turnpike several years ago.................there was a trail of his internal organs along the lane...............no need to check!

Yep. The human body is designed by our creator to withstand impacts at running speed: 6 mph. 95 mph vs a car and a 30m trajectory home to Elijah Rock not so much.

I'm glad he died quick instead of suffering.

Oddly enough, people survive stuff like this occasionally.

I think of it as a bell curve with a lot of positive skew... All things being equal a 6mph impact will be less severe than a 95mph impact. I'm guessing the cyclist was dead before his butt left the seat of the bike from the blunt force trauma.

A guy survived a 40 floor jump in NYC this week with minor injuries. Obviously his time was not up.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:46:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're an idiot.

At least he died quickly, hopefully.

Huh? Calling me an idiot, For what? I'm basically stating that it would be MUCH safer for all bike riders to be far away from traffic, as possible.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:46:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not a fagtard.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:47:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not a fagtard.  

Oh for fuck sakes, I make a simple comment about safety, And you fuckers jump all over my ass.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:47:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
He would still be alive if his ass was up on the sidewalk.

Sidewalk is for pedstrians
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:48:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're an idiot.

Huh? Calling me an idiot, For what? I'm basically stating that it would be MUCH safer for all bike riders to be far away from traffic, as possible.

One could only assume that someone might take the "fagtards with spandex" part the wrong way...  

I don't know...  just by own personal observation.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:49:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're an idiot.

So we can run over kids on sidewalks?

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:51:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not a fagtard.  

Oh for fuck sakes, I make a simple comment about safety, And you fuckers jump all over my ass.

society should build tunnels/overpasses for the pedestrians as well, to protect them.  oh, and kevlar bodysuits for everyone who walks near a vehicle.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:51:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Not much to check on - was that the guys head that kept going about another 20 feet?

Upon further review: Nope - looks like a arm or leg. Damn...
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:54:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

DRT!!  You can see the blood trail from the body and what looks looks a blood trail a little further to the right from what looks like a foot.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Guy on the bike should of been on the sidewalk that was right there.

Asshole driving the car should be strung up.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:57:52 PM EDT
[#24]
it was quick.  Sucks though, one sec you're going for a ride, next, road kill.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:58:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Why?

I don't know the laws over there, but here I could get in trouble.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any translation on the news story?

I included a translation.. sheesh

You got a translation for the translation
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:00:26 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're an idiot.

The dumb bitch swerved into the oncoming lane going 90+ MPH. Do you really think ANYBODY is safe from a person like that? She nearly hit 3 pedestrians. THEY SHOULD BE ON THE SIDEWALK TOO!

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:01:08 PM EDT
[#28]
He died at the scene of the strike makes all things new.

Indeed.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which is ridiculous this rule always made me go . 1,ooo bike to person collisions is more acceptable than 1 bike to car because the bike was on the road..

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?  

I don't know the laws over there, but here I could get in trouble.

Why? So he wouldn't get hit by a car.

That sidewalk was pretty wide and I would assume it was a walking/biking path.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:07:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're an idiot.

The dumb bitch swerved into the oncoming lane going 90+ MPH. Do you really think ANYBODY is safe from a person like that? She nearly hit 3 pedestrians. THEY SHOULD BE ON THE SIDEWALK TOO!

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Poor bastard.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:08:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm not sure I could go check.  Simply because I'm weak.  I don't think I'd survive mentally if I saw something like that.  I won't even click on the link because I know it would jack my world up something fierce.

you serious?
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#34]
How do you people find this stuff?

FWIW, it looks like the head ends up under the car that stops in the middle right of the intersection.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not sure I could go check.  Simply because I'm weak.  I don't think I'd survive mentally if I saw something like that.  I won't even click on the link because I know it would jack my world up something fierce.

you serious?

Very.

I'm also not great in a crisis.  I mean, if I'm absolutely the only person there I'd probably be able to function but if anyone else is on scene my instinct is that they'd be better abled that I am.  

I think part of that mentality is because my husband tends to always know exactly what to do so I mostly just sit back and let him.

I WISH I were different.  And here's the thing....house on fire and I hear someone screaming––-I can see me running in to help without a second thought.  Knowing there's an already charred body––-won't be able to get close.  So maybe I'm not completely useless........I just know I couldn't handle seeing the aftermath of a tragedy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:42:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
How do you people find this stuff?

FWIW, it looks like the head ends up under the car that stops in the middle right of the intersection.

crap, didnt notice that before.

i found the video on 4chan ofcourse
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:46:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Looks like his foot is still in that shoe!
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:47:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This is a prime example, of why Internet access is way to easy to obtain these days...
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
it's fucking amazing how no one went to see if the guy was still alive

people are fucking retards

He was obviously dead. Checking to see if he was an organ donor would be about the only point .
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:48:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Looks like his foot is still in that shoe!

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:49:19 PM EDT
[#41]
In my opinion, the other drivers should stop - not because there's any chance of hell of scraping the poor guy off the pavement, but because it would be nice to have an overwhelming amount of evidence to put the dickhead driver away.

That being said, it's Bosnia - I've known a few Bosnians; their regard for their fellow humans is about on the same level as the Russians'.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:53:23 PM EDT
[#42]
In before people here start cheering the driver on.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:59:16 PM EDT
[#43]
I just don't ever feel that bad for bicyclists who die.   They ride on public streets without paying any licensing or registration fees of any type.  They seem to always choose 2 lane roads where there is no safe room for them.  They are the lowest scum of transportation, just one step above public transportation users.  

It sucks to have someone die, but they should just get a decent job and buy a car instead.

ETA: if you want to ride a bike, go right ahead! do it in a park, or a private area where you are not interfering with traffic.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:24:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I just don't ever feel that bad for bicyclists who die.   They ride on public streets without paying any licensing or registration fees of any type.  They seem to always choose 2 lane roads where there is no safe room for them.  They are the lowest scum of transportation, just one step above public transportation users.  

It sucks to have someone die, but they should just get a decent job and buy a car instead.

ETA: if you want to ride a bike, go right ahead! do it in a park, or a private area where you are not interfering with traffic.

Quoted to preserve the abject stupidity for all time.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:25:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Love how these threads progress so nicely.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:27:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Love how these threads progress so nicely.

And it's very revealing the ones who usually turn up with very familiar sorts of posts.  It's a shame that people like that even post here...it gives the rest of us a bad name.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

For loose change?

I imagine the drivers all saw a lot more detail than we do in the video.  I for one don't feel the need to make sure someone is alright that has exploded and is held together only by his clothing.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep
Riding a bike on the sidewalk is a ticketable offense alot of places.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:35:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

What were they gonna check?  Most of the body was there at least close by.  His leg was within about 10 feet of the rest of him.  Do you mean for signs of life?  Let me tell you there were none.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#50]
At 93MPH, even if you were sitting in a car and got hit by that, your odds of being seriously boofed are high.  That's the risk you take when you go out on the roads.  It sucks, but that's the way it is.  

I ride a bicycle, and I ride in the street.  I feel the sidewalk is less safer because drivers on parallel streets have to come almost into the crossing road to make a turn if there's any buildings nearby obstructing view.  So it's either stop at every intersection and kill my brakes, roll through at 16 MPH and hope for the best, or ride in the street.  I choose the street.  If shit happens, it happens, but paying attention and not using a cell phone or an iPod, or any other stupid shit will greatly reduce the odds.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top