Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2002 2:42:27 AM EDT
I must be getting old or losing touch... There is a genre of movie known as "indie".  What the hell is that?
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 2:45:47 AM EDT
[#1]
That refers to independent movies.

e.g.- Ones made by small film makers, students, etc without big studio backing or influence.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 2:59:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Check the listings at the Mayan in Denver.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 7:12:39 AM EDT
[#3]
"Indie" is the opposite of "Audi"  [:P]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 8:12:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Isn't that the guy with the hat and the whip?
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 8:15:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I must be getting old or losing touch... There is a genre of movie known as "indie".  What the hell is that?
View Quote

An Indie is a man who goes to Africa looking for relious artifacts that the Third Reich wants to rule the world.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 8:21:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
An Indie is a man who goes to Africa looking for relious artifacts that the Third Reich wants to rule the world.

Sgtar15
View Quote

Why do the Nazis want an artifact to rule the world? I thought they wanted to do it themselves.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 8:42:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I believe it is spelled Indy. It's a race track.[:)]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 10:49:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I believe it is spelled Indy. It's a race track.[:)]
View Quote

no, the race track isn't indy.  it's IMS (Indianapolis Motor Speedway).  the city is indy.  [:D]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 10:53:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
no, the race track isn't indy.  it's IMS (Indianapolis Motor Speedway).  the city is indy.  [:D]
View Quote

Actually, you have it all wrong as well...  The city is Speedway, the nearest major metropolis is Indy.

Sheesh, I'm forever correcting you people!
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 3:55:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually, you have it all wrong as well...  The city is Speedway, the nearest major metropolis is Indy.

Sheesh, I'm forever correcting you people!
View Quote

no, i had it right.  i wasn't referring to indy as the town in which the speedway was located.  i was merely stating that the city of indianapolis is called indy, not the speedway that is located near there.

besides, i think i would know, given that i grew up close enough to hear the engines every may and august!!!!!  [:D]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 3:57:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Tony George can eat my corn.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top