Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 10:37:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
apparently his "I suck at fighting" patch was legit

True.

Nothing against the men and women that serve but I would think that a trained soldier in full gear on a suicide mission would have done more damage.

Thank God he did not.

He's just a punk AWOL kid....note, usually the guys that go AWOL are anything but high speed low drag delta farce telephone operators.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 10:38:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

RIF

some of you guys need to Read.

i cant believe nobody has caught the 11 clips of ammunition yet.  slackers.

You weren't the first.  Look up

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 10:38:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.

Nothing against the men and women that serve but I would think that a trained soldier in full gear on a suicide mission would have done more damage.

Thank God he did not.

That may have been by design, figuring he'd wing a LEO and in turn, he'd get mowed down??
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 10:39:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.

Thank God he did not.

Deserter POS, who probably never has been deployed, wearing stolen Army gear. Thought he was billy badass wearing his kit all fucked up, trying to take innocent life. Glad he got killed before he took a life.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 10:40:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.

Thank God he did not.

That may have been by design, figuring he'd wing a LEO and in turn, he'd get mowed down??

That's what I was thinking. He just wanted to die, not take anyone with him. All he needed to do was enough damage to get them to shoot back.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 10:40:49 PM EDT
[#6]
His IOTV looks empty, no inserts or plates.  The DAPS have inserts in them as the appear to be rigid but the vest looks wrinkled up...no armor.

That chick cop looks kinda hawt...
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 10:40:58 PM EDT
[#7]
i had the same shotgun setup
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 10:40:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder how long that douche bag had been on this site......
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 10:41:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.

Thank God he did not.

My guess is the police officer had a rifle.

Many of them here do. They can provide their own personal rifle too and configure it how they want it. I believe they also have personal choice on service pistol.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 10:43:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.

Thank God he did not.

He's just a punk AWOL kid....note, usually the guys that go AWOL are anything but high speed low drag delta farce telephone operators.  

well I just mean he is more than the average suicidal killer with a fudd gun running around aimlessly. Hell a lot of people that go on these rampages cant even shoot and usually don't that much. It just seemed to me that a soldier would be more of a threat.

I do agree though, AWOL kid.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 10:43:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I fail to see where i should care about an army deserter that went nuts and shot up a intersection/cop.  Let alone a guy in full combat gear that is obviously out there to cause nothing but harm, harm to others, harm to himself, and harm to gunowners everywhere, the media loves to eat this shit up.  Let alone the spin that all vets are unstable and should not have gun rights anyways that seems to be so popular these days.  So if my interjection of levity is not appreciated i apologize to anyone it offended.

+1

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 10:45:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.

Thank God he did not.

I seriously doubt that he intended to, or had the skill to simply graze shit.  I just don't see him taking careful aim as to not cause serious injury to anyone in the hopes he would be "mowed down"..

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 10:45:25 PM EDT
[#13]
It def. seems like an active shooter bent on suicide by cop.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 10:45:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Shoot a cop in the leg, get shot in the face.

I approve.

_MaH
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 10:49:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
RIF

You're kidding, right?

I've come to expect reporters to use the term "clip" and am only surprised on the rare occasion that it's actually referred to as "magazine."
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 10:52:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

True.

Thank God he did not.

I seriously doubt that he intended to, or had the skill to simply graze shit.  I just don't see him taking careful aim as to not cause serious injury to anyone in the hopes he would be "mowed down"..

I'm guessing more both came around corner and surprised each other cop got luckier in the flurry of shots

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 10:54:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Becoming a paying member for the sole purpose of posting the "Well.......Bye..." photo in this thread would be totally worth it.....
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 10:56:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Becoming a paying member for the sole purpose of posting the "Well.......Bye..." photo in this thread would be totally worth it.....

You don't need to be a paying member to post a picture.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 10:59:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well.....I didn't know that!  

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 10:59:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I actually know all about what happened but I don't want to post to much info.
Its an AWOL guy who wanted to go out in a blaze of glory is all I can say.

Lucky him.... He got what he wanted.

ETA: Apparently being all tac-ed out doesn't make you a badass..

If he was wearing MultiCam, every one of those cops would be dead and it would have taken until next week for them to find him with a FLIR equipped Predator as he made his way to Mexico to train the cartels...
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 11:00:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shhhhhh, that was almost another $24 to the cause
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 11:01:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he was wearing MultiCam, every one of those cops would be dead and it would have taken until next week for them to find him with a FLIR equipped Predator as he made his way to Mexico to train the cartels...

He chose poorly........

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 11:06:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tried a MultiCam screensaver on an old laptop. Loaded it up and tested it and *poof*

Never did find it.

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 11:07:08 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't see how this is going to hurt us as private firearms owners.  He was using a mil issued M4, right?
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 11:11:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tried a MultiCam screensaver on an old laptop. Loaded it up and tested it and *poof*

Never did find it.

Thanks to you, I just aspirated a little bit of 16 year old Aberlour scotch into my lungs...It hurt....Considerably.......

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 11:28:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'd hit the female cop with the shotgun.

If she were in a police lineup I'd finger her.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 11:36:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I don't see how this is going to hurt us as private firearms owners.  He was using a mil issued M4, right?

Depending on how the media spins it, it will hurt .MIL folk.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 11:44:57 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/11/army_seniorNCOs_112508w/

According to this, he made SFC (E-7) in 2008.

The shooter is age 28.  Which means if he was promoted to SFC in 2008, he was 26.  If he entered at age 17 and had 4 years of JROTC, he might be PFC.  He might have been SP4 by age 18, then going to PLDC, BNCOC, ANCOC and serving a minimum of 3 tours all in 8 years?  Impossible.

Link Posted: 8/28/2010 12:01:55 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

If she were in a police lineup I'd finger her.

Quoted:

That chick cop looks kinda hawt...

Incoming butthurt!

This thread is serious business.  See, e.g., supra.

Link Posted: 8/28/2010 12:41:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The shooter is age 28.  Which means if he was promoted to SFC in 2008, he was 26.  If he entered at age 17 and had 4 years of JROTC, he might be PFC.  He might have been SP4 by age 18, then going to PLDC, BNCOC, ANCOC and serving a minimum of 3 tours all in 8 years?  Impossible.

He was the Spc4 from Fort Lewis

Link Posted: 8/28/2010 12:43:04 AM EDT
[#31]
I would assume the perp took one to the head.  Since his gitup is still intact, EMS did not work him.  Must of been an injury not compatible with life.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 12:46:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I would assume the perp took one to the head.  Since his gitup is still intact, EMS did not work him.  Must of been an injury not compatible with life.

Part of the bush was blocking the view of some of his face, probably was that part. Guess it was that or the throat/neck. Was wearing an ACH it looked like.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 12:51:22 AM EDT
[#33]
crazy shit
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 12:58:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

HAHAHAHAHA Im going to have to use that in a report sometime. That's awesome
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 1:03:55 AM EDT
[#35]
What kind of dummy wears battle regalia in civi rampage missions...sorta gives away any element of surprise.  Might as well wear a Taliban turban and suicide vest and try and jump on nearest flight and see how far you get.

Protip

Yes

NO - YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!!!

Link Posted: 8/28/2010 1:09:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

usually gets a couple of chuckles during case review.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 1:27:47 AM EDT
[#37]

I think it's pretty clear he wanted to die––maybe he wanted to take others with him, but what little info we have doesn't suggest that too much.  If he was telling people "he was training," then he had the opportunity to talk to people before this happened and did not shoot them.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 1:30:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

usually gets a couple of chuckles during case review.

I bet the cop was like, "I'll see your bodyarmor, and raise you a shot to the face!"
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 1:39:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, I hope events like this don't start popping up all over. The officer who was able to return fire (presumably hitting CM) did good (I hope).

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Huh?

Seems like what he said was pretty clear to me.

I didn't get the "(I hope)" part.. The guy was walking around in ACU's, armor, ammo and weapons, then shot a cop.. What's with the "I hope"? That dude was looking to kill some folks - fuck him...

Guy said he hopes these incidents don't start popping up...what's not to get?
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 1:43:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, I hope events like this don't start popping up all over. The officer who was able to return fire (presumably hitting CM) did good (I hope).

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Huh?

Seems like what he said was pretty clear to me.

I didn't get the "(I hope)" part.. The guy was walking around in ACU's, armor, ammo and weapons, then shot a cop.. What's with the "I hope"? That dude was looking to kill some folks - fuck him...

Guy said he hopes these incidents don't start popping up...what's not to get?

I think he means the second "I hope."  And I think he means he hopes this wasn't some giant misunderstanding where there was no actual bad guy.

That said, I think it's pretty clear that the soldier wanted to die.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 1:44:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I think it's pretty clear he wanted to die––maybe he wanted to take others with him, but what little info we have doesn't suggest that too much.  If he was telling people "he was training," then he had the opportunity to talk to people before this happened and did not shoot them.

That's what makes me think he really was training....like that cop that shot special forces soldiers in GA shit Happens..maybe it's CYA mode right now.. No one would be so stupid to wear that shit and go on rampage...
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 1:46:31 AM EDT
[#42]
the story in OP says he had 11 "clips" of ammo
anyway.. I wonder if the dude was a combat vet with PTSD,

Link Posted: 8/28/2010 3:23:36 AM EDT
[#43]
WA (possibly UT) HTF Roll call?    
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 3:31:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
the story in OP says he had 11 "clips" of ammo

anyway.. I wonder if the dude was a combat vet with PTSD,

You can bet the libs're gonna spin it that way regardless. Vets are all crazy terrorist threats with a propensity for doing this.  Ban the evil guns for the CHILDREN!!!!....

I wonder if he was looking for someone at the hotel.  "walking back and forth" seems like trolling for a cop though.  Probably not. Wonder what was going through his mind before the round did.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 4:16:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

hard to say what he was thinking...probably just dressed up to mentally reinforce his decision..
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 4:26:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's possible to make E-7 by 26, I have a friend that missed it by about 2 weeks.

Joined at 17, 4 deployments, came in as a PFC, meritorious promotion to e-5, and did PLDC, BNCOC overseas. He's in Iraq now, on his 5th deployment. (Not 6mo deployments either, 12 and up for each)

Link Posted: 8/28/2010 4:27:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Cue up the video of the doctors claiming vets are getting mind altering drugs prescribed by army doctors in order to make things like this happen more often.

one would have thought that with 11 clips of ammunition he would have had at least 4 or 5 of them empty laying on he ground
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 4:27:27 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

RIF

You're kidding, right?

I've come to expect reporters to use the term "clip" and am only surprised on the rare occasion that it's actually referred to as "magazine."

Magazines are direct competitors of television news.  Don't want to advertise for the enemy.

Yeah, I know...

Link Posted: 8/28/2010 4:36:03 AM EDT
[#49]
All the funny guys want to know the dead guy's ARFCOM screen name.
I want to know the Cop's screen name....so we can say Thanks!!
And no, I don't mean the Shotgun "hawtie" cop.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 4:36:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I might actually put 5 that he wasw an ARFCOMMER by the looks of his get up...

Plus, I think I see a zombie patch.

No telling. That is Army issue gear.

Does look like the zombie hunter patch.

http://images.afmo.com/products/milspecmonkey/large/ZombieHunter-description.jpg

im 99% sure that it is
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top