Site Notices
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 1:11:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 1:21:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 2:01:37 PM EDT
[#3]
If this screws up my phone its all your fault

ETA: Phone still works, so thats good, but what are the advantages over the old build?
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 2:03:31 PM EDT
[#4]
original android only, and not the droid X  I *assume*  ?
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope this one fix's all the freezing and force closing I have gotten since 2.2 came online on mine.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 2:08:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 2:09:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Anybody have any ideas when it will be released for the incredible?
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 2:11:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 2:12:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 2:12:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 2:15:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA: Phone still works, so thats good, but what are the advantages over the old build?

Whoa...don't kill the messenger.

Well, one is that now the Adobe 10.1 flash is out for it. It's also supposed to help out in making the battery life longer.

Crap, I'm an idiot. Where do I get the adobe 10.1 from? I can't seem to find it in the market
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

another year or 2!

<<<–––––– Impatient Incredible owner
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 2:27:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, one is that now the Adobe 10.1 flash is out for it. It's also supposed to help out in making the battery life longer.

Crap, I'm an idiot. Where do I get the adobe 10.1 from? I can't seem to find it in the market

It's in there...type in Adobe Flash in the search box.....

Only thing that comes up is "Adobe Flash Showcase" and it says "The showcase is an application highlighting sites... "This is NOT the Adobe Flash Player 10.1 Download."

Any clue as how to get it? I've tried going to adobe and that doesnt work either
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only thing that comes up is "Adobe Flash Showcase" and it says "The showcase is an application highlighting sites... "This is NOT the Adobe Flash Player 10.1 Download."

Any clue as how to get it? I've tried going to adobe and that doesnt work either

I just checked the market. I searched "adobe flash" and the first thing returned was Flash 10.1.  You could try using your phone's browser and navigating to m.flash.com (that's the mobile showcase), and it may redirect you to the download site.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 2:36:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just checked the market. I searched "adobe flash" and the first thing returned was Flash 10.1.  You could try using your phone's browser and navigating to m.flash.com (that's the mobile showcase), and it may redirect you to the download site.

Actually I just looked to make sure the update had been applied and it hadn't I guess I need to remove the battery and restart it...? Maybe the update will work
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 2:45:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually I just looked to make sure the update had been applied and it hadn't I guess I need to remove the battery and restart it...? Maybe the update will work

Did you hold down the X button when you restarted? You have to go through recovery mode to manually update.

Re: FRG22D - I've had it installed a few days (root FTW) and battery life does seem better than FRG01B or the first FRG22. It does still sometimes lag when you go back to the Launcher after using a lot of memory playing a game or browsing the webs.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 2:49:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you hold down the X button when you restarted? You have to go through recovery mode to manually update.

Re: FRG22D - I've had it installed a few days (root FTW) and battery life does seem better than FRG01B or the first FRG22. It does still sometimes lag when you go back to the Launcher after using a lot of memory playing a game or browsing the webs.

Yup, went thru the whole deal about the update, phone restarts and it still shows build FRG01B....

WTH? I wanna play with the cool kids!
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 3:37:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Re-download the image. You may have gotten a bad one. Then follow the instructions to the letter. One of the guys at a client location was having trouble with the first update. I had to walk through it with him. For whatever reason he wasn't able to press the up volume key and the camera key simultaneously. I got him installed just fine. I saw him today and told him about the new update. He declined giving it a shot.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 3:41:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, went thru the whole deal about the update, phone restarts and it still shows build FRG01B....

WTH? I wanna play with the cool kids!

me too
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Which link did you'll download from?
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 4:40:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 5:28:59 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope this one fix's all the freezing and force closing I have gotten since 2.2 came online on mine.

I have not had any of that after I did the force if the first one. Are you running advanced Task Killer?

If so, did you disable it? I have read some posts in the Droid forums that people had to disable it and the problems went away.

i removed atk as soon as i received the upload

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 5:33:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Which link did you'll download from?

never mind i am an idiot
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 5:52:55 PM EDT
[#26]
I fent.

Moto Droid running FRG22D now.  Yay me.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 6:01:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Done! And flash is working great not choppy like it was before.  Thanks!

ETA: Make sure you rename the file to update.zip it will ask if you want to overwrite,  click overwrite.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 6:08:18 AM EDT
[#28]
The phone says it is running build  FRG22D but I don't see flash 10.1 in the market.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 6:20:39 AM EDT
[#29]
If you don't see flash in the market you have to clear the cache data for the market app.

Go to Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, Select all from the top then select Market. You want to clear the cache first then clear the data.

Go back to the market and search for flash and you will see it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 6:52:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If you don't see flash in the market you have to clear the cache data for the market app.

Go to Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, Select all from the top then select Market. You want to clear the cache first then clear the data.

Go back to the market and search for flash and you will see it.

That did it!

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 8:02:21 AM EDT
[#31]
I just updated the FRG22D and it's working great for me and so is Flash 10.1   Thanks !
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 8:04:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Anyone else running black droid mod?
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 11:25:03 AM EDT
[#33]
FYI, for the guys saying that they don't show that they are running the new build...this update for 2.2 is only 1.6 meg. The instructions on some of those pages link back to the FRG01B manual update. So you may have just redownloaded and installed the original 2.2 update again instead of the small patch to FRG22D.

hanzerik@Hanzerik-Dell-700M ~/Downloads $ md5sum signed-voles-FRG22D-from-FRG01B.688e3520.zip
45b63aa99cc6f8b731fba72b176f0585  signed-voles-FRG22D-from-FRG01B.688e3520.zip

hanzerik@Hanzerik-Dell-700M ~/Downloads $ du -h signed-voles-FRG22D-from-FRG01B.688e3520.zip
1.7M  signed-voles-FRG22D-from-FRG01B.688e3520.zip

ETA: It's cool to finally see my Avatar rotating pics like it should
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 5:11:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
FYI, for the guys saying that they don't show that they are running the new build...this update to 2.2 is only 1.6 meg. The istructions on some of those pages link back to the FRG01B manual update. So you may have just redownloaded and installed the original 2.2 update again instead of the small patch to FRG22D.

hanzerik@Hanzerik-Dell-700M ~/Downloads $ md5sum signed-voles-FRG22D-from-FRG01B.688e3520.zip
45b63aa99cc6f8b731fba72b176f0585  signed-voles-FRG22D-from-FRG01B.688e3520.zip

hanzerik@Hanzerik-Dell-700M ~/Downloads $ du -h signed-voles-FRG22D-from-FRG01B.688e3520.zip
1.7M  signed-voles-FRG22D-from-FRG01B.688e3520.zip

ETA: It's cool to finally see my Avatar rotating pics like it should

I downloaded it on the computer and now it works.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 9:20:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Just got around to getting this done (was very happy with Froyo build FRG01B).

No issues so far, but I haven't tired Flash 10.1 or swype yet....
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 9:37:42 AM EDT
[#36]
got it OTA this morning.

The only real difference I see is that flash appears in the marketplace now.  Previously I had to download the .apk and install it myself..... flash still works good though!

Anyone know how to root FRG22D?  I need me some wifi tethering damnit!
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 10:01:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I fent.

Moto Droid running FRG22D now.  Yay me.

Ditto, as of a couple of minutes ago.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 10:07:21 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Froyo downloaded for me this morning.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:26:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:18:54 AM EDT
[#40]
I received a message from Verizon stating the upgrade was pushed to my phone, but it is the same version.  So this is a CLEAN/Legal/Solid update for the Droid if anybody hasn't had it pushed to them yet!

Flash is OK, battery is used a bit more than in the previous 2.2 release, but nowhere near as bad as the 2.1 battery killing version.   Speed is the same as the FRG01B update, which is about double the speed of 2.1.  Quite a few new features over 2.1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top