Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2002 4:10:36 PM EDT
Just on Fox News,

Ohio congressman James Trafficant convicted on all 10 counts of racketeering and bribery.

Trafficant faces up to 63 years but will probably get less.

Trafficant is not a lawyer but defended himself.

What a great day!!!!!!!!! [:D]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 4:15:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Amen brother!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 4:17:40 PM EDT
[#2]
A great ending to a bizarre story... did you hear any of the detail of his conduct in court?

Fox reported that he talked at length about his bowel problems, among other interesting tidbits![puke]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:50:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had mixed feelings about Traficant--I first saw him as sort of a black sheep in Congress.  He is pro-gun and he likes to rattle the cages of his stuffy colleagues.

HOWEVER, upon investigating his background a little more, I've come to the conclusion that he is getting exactly what he deserves.  A bit of time in federal prison won't be all bad for someone involved in racketeering and very questionable campaign finance practices.  The case against him was launched largely for political reasons, but like almost everyone in Congress today, he is dirty and needed to have his wings clipped.

Only 433 more to go and 100 more in the Senate.  Ron Paul is the only honest man in Congress today.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know where you get the idea that he was pro-gun. He locked step behind his Democommie brethren on all the big gun votes.

He did give them a buncha shit tho on other stuff, which is part and parcel of why he was witch-hunted out of Congress.

I bet he and former AZ gov Fyfe Symington will have lots to talk about tho.

Don't Tread..
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#5]
he was the only demokrat who voted for Denny Hastert for house speaker. Think he didn't piss off some of his partymates? Crooked or no, he sure was entertaining to listen too. 'Cept now, he'll be "entertaining" a big burly cellmate named Luther, who will have a new girlfriend.

Bet he'll look great in that ridiculous rug and knockers tatooed on his back!![:O]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:42:04 PM EDT
[#6]
And the hell of it is, he is still a member of Congress unless he resigns.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:06:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Hope Luther is aware of his bitches bowel problems. Oh well thats what they make antibiotics for.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:53:54 PM EDT
[#8]
He sure was fun to watch him give those after session speeches on C-spam. He and B1-Bob were the best ! Really liked his response to the question about Daschle, " Daschle has no BALLS...He can go F^(< himself...." Pure class to the end.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top