Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2002 2:01:42 AM EDT
http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=09042002-050314-4015r

Also titled:  "Saudis:  What Great Allies!" Basically, the Saudis do the same thing the Iraqis do & have a Life Insurance Fund for suicide bombers.  Here's what Bush said about it:

"They're not martyrs," President Bush said April 4 at the White House. "They're murderers and they undermine the cause of the Palestinian people. Those governments like Iraq that reward parents for the sacrifice of their children are guilty of soliciting murder of the worst kind."

Yet, no condemnation of the Saudis for doing the same.  Here's what Rumsfeld said:  

Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld professed ignorance of the Saudi fund Monday.
"I have no information whatsoever that suggests that the government of Saudi Arabia is doing what Iraq is," he said at a Pentagon news briefing.

Yeeeahhhhh right!  The Sec.Def. of the most powerful nation on Earth doesn't know that our important "ally" is paying off the families of these sickos.

I'm tired of this crap.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 12:39:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Most of us realize, if not acknowledge that Saudi Arabia backs terrorists as much as any country.  I would go so far as to say that Saudi Arabia is financially responsible for many terrorist acts.  I have no proof.  Yes, Bush and Powell are hypocrites in not denouncing them as an "Axis of Evil".  

Last night I got steamed, and I attacked you personally as well as for your views.  For that I apologize.

Foreign policy it seems, is made of the same stuff as political platforms.  If they believe they'll get more votes by acting a certain way, they'll do it.

Those oppressed peoples you mentioned before are not in the limelight and therefore can not aid Bush or his supporters in the public eye.  The public only has time to see what the media has allowed it.

We few staunch, independent and principled people (no matter our views of the middle east), are no match for that constant bombardment on the public.  And thus on those that crave the masses acceptance.

Yes, our foriegn policy is riddled with hypocrisy.  What you say and suggest is undoubtedly true.  At least to me.

Keep fighting the good fight.  Or at least your version of it.  I'll do the same.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 12:58:13 AM EDT
[#2]
If they believe they'll get more votes by acting a certain way, they'll do it.
View Quote

In a way, shouldn't all politicians do what will give them more votes?  After all, we do live in a republic, and they represent us.  If they do what we want, they get more votes.  stealth, I know what you're saying, but I just find it ironic how perverted (for lack of a better word) the system is when usually a politician does something that wins him the most votes, it's usually the wrong thing.  I don't think the system is bad.  I think too many voters are incompetent.z
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 1:05:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If they believe they'll get more votes by acting a certain way, they'll do it.
View Quote

In a way, shouldn't all politicians do what will give them more votes?  After all, we do live in a republic, and they represent us.  If they do what we want, they get more votes.  stealth, I know what you're saying, but I just find it ironic how perverted (for lack of a better word) the system is when usually a politician does something that wins him the most votes, it's usually the wrong thing.  I don't think the system is bad.  I think too many voters are incompetent.z
View Quote

If those things concern what happens within the United States then I say... That's the difference between a Constitutional Republic were certain freedoms are guaranteed, and a Democracy where the masses always win, without regard to personal freedoms.

I see the problem as well.  Getting more votes means doing what the brainwashed masses agree is right.  Yet sometimes what they believe is right, will harm many, if not most, and even themselves.

As with keeping the conversation within the bounds of our hypocritical version of foreign policy,... I say, even though I'm not religious, "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you".  Simple.  Golden.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top