Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2002 10:10:09 AM EDT
The "Queen Mum" seemed to be a grand lady.
I am sorry for your loss.

ARH
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 10:44:44 AM EDT
[#1]
My favorite story about the Queen Mum was from 2 or 3 years ago. Seems she was out pheasant hunting and had a wounded bird on her hands. So like a proper sportsman, she wrung it's neck. And of course the press was watching, TV crews too I think.

Anyways, they had a big blowout about the cruelty of hunting and all, you know, liberal British press and all.

What impressed me about the situation was that she KNEW how to wring a birds neck and how she gave the press the finger, as only a truely classy person could do.

She wore a pheasant feather in her hatband on her way to church the following Sunday morning. [:D]

You go girl.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=105106[/url]

It didn't go so good last time.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 11:44:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe a great human loss...but, on the other hand, one less tax burden .  She apparently left a pile of debt...once the sadness has passed, I am sure many Brit tax payers will wonder who will pay for that debt.  Of course, that is a rhetorical question.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:24:43 PM EDT
[#4]
"Those of you in the cheap seats, clap, the rest of you- rattle yer jewelry."

John Lennon, to the audience at the Royal Command performance of The Beatles, London Palladium, 1963.

Wonder if the Queen Mum was present?

She also was apparently quite fond of pistol shooting. Something denied the little people in the UK (sniff)....she liked to shoot in the back gardens of Windsor Castle at various targets.

NB: many of the royal family's male servants are homosexual. A couple of them were involved in a lovers' tiff (yeah, I'll be PC and leave it at that...) late one night, and the Queen Mum, despite having pulled the servants' bell for service, wasn't being served. So, she put on her gown, came downstairs, discovered the two fighting, and announced, "When you two old queens are done, I would like to remind you that this old queen needs a drink!!"[:D]

As she was often fond of saying, "I'm not the sweet old grandma everybody thinks I am..."[;D]  
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:33:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My favorite story about the Queen Mum was from 2 or 3 years ago. Seems she was out pheasant hunting and had a wounded bird on her hands. So like a proper sportsman, she wrung it's neck. And of course the press was watching, TV crews too I think.

Anyways, they had a big blowout about the cruelty of hunting and all, you know, liberal British press and all.

What impressed me about the situation was that she KNEW how to wring a birds neck and how she gave the press the finger, as only a truely classy person could do.

She wore a pheasant feather in her hatband on her way to church the following Sunday morning. [:D]

You go girl.
View Quote

That action alone is enough for admiration from us.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 9:48:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My favorite story about the Queen Mum was from 2 or 3 years ago. Seems she was out pheasant hunting...
View Quote

Something about this doesn't sound quite right.  She was over 100 when she died - so she wasnt pheasant hunting in her late 90's?  As I recall, 2-3 years ago, she was getting a hip replaced...and no, I'm not a big royal's fan but lived in the UK for four years and they sort of gross on you.  Like moss or fungus or the like...
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:47:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My favorite story about the Queen Mum was from 2 or 3 years ago. Seems she was out pheasant hunting...
View Quote

Something about this doesn't sound quite right.  She was over 100 when she died - so she wasnt pheasant hunting in her late 90's?  As I recall, 2-3 years ago, she was getting a hip replaced...and no, I'm not a big royal's fan but lived in the UK for four years and they sort of gross on you.  Like moss or fungus or the like...
View Quote

Now that I think about it, it might have been Queen Elizabeth who did that.  It definately was one of the two.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:59:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Probably Queen Liz, not Queen Mum Liz.

Scott

Link Posted: 4/10/2002 1:05:39 PM EDT
[#9]
A real loss. Geez she was 17 in WWI!
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 1:15:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Boy it sure seemed to me it was the Queen Mum.

Now I don't recall if the story said if she was doing any shooting herself. But I was impressed with the notion it was Q.M. who did this. I did hear it on Paul Harvey News, that I do remember.

Link Posted: 4/10/2002 6:13:22 PM EDT
[#11]
[puke]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 6:33:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Does anyone remember that are forefathers fought a war to get out from under people like "The Queen Mum". I'm thankful that the Limeys are our friends but royals(British or otherwise) can go to hell.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top