Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 10:17:52 AM EDT
[#1]

'ALL' American citizens are due their full rights due under the constitution.

However, I'm much less caring about foreign nationals who are in our country illegally.
View Quote

Agreed. Good point.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 10:44:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just an assessment of my own beliefs and desires and hopes:

1)  The right for Israel to exist must be recognized by all factions.

2)  The Palestinians must have a country of their own and the boundaries established through negotiation.
-----------------------------------------------
1)  I deeply resent the fact that the U.S. taxpayer directly funds Israel and their military.

2)  I believe the billions given to Israel should go to our own military as we are in desperate need of rebuilding.
----------------------------------------------
View Quote
First, as has been pointed out countless times on this and other threads by me and others, the Palestinians walked away from that very thing two years ago.  They asked for it, Israel agreed, and Arafat walked away.  So this is not what they are really after.  That little fact seems to be conveniently overlooked by many here as it doesn't fit into their scheme.

Second, the suicide bombings in Israel have absolutely nothing to do with a Palestinian homeland, being oppressed, or the Israelis occupying territory.  The current wave of suicide attacks did not start until we started talking about going after Saddam.  There have been sporadic attacks over the years, but not like what is happening now.  He is orchestrating this whole thing to take the heat off himself and HE is the one that started the talk of an oil embargo.  He is trying anything to get all the other Arab states to side with him and against us and the Palestinians and the oil embargo are the cards up his sleeve.  An embargo wouldn't affect him because we do not buy from him.  As a side effect, an oil embargo might tend to weaken his neighbors, thus giving him the upper hand in the region.  The other Arab nations probably haven't considered that part.  

Wake up and smell the coffee.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 11:52:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

'ALL' American citizens are due their full rights due under the constitution.

However, I'm much less caring about foreign nationals who are in our country illegally.
View Quote

Agreed. Good point.
View Quote

Exactly
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#4]
When the Muslim countries cut off the oil?

Russia's economic problems will finally be solved...[:D]

This isn't the 1970's people... Russia has always been potentally a big oil supplier, bigger than all the middle east combined.

Just that the Cold War was in the way. And their incompitent government controlled petrolium industry. But the fall of the Soviet Union has eliminated BOTH problems, now the struggle is to get enough refinery and pumping capcity to use that oil.

The break even point on Russian oil is only 11 dollars a barrel. OPEC tries to keep a floor of 25 dollars a barrel to support their lifestyle. Russia sells for 20 and can make 100 percent profit and still undercut the middle east.

That is why I wish this government would get on board with the Russians in building the tunnel under the Bering Strait. Pipeline going this way, traincars full of wheat and corn going the other way...
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 1:58:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
When the Muslim countries cut off the oil?

Russia's economic problems will finally be solved...[:D]

This isn't the 1970's people... Russia has always been potentally a big oil supplier, bigger than all the middle east combined.

Just that the Cold War was in the way. And their incompitent government controlled petrolium industry. But the fall of the Soviet Union has eliminated BOTH problems, now the struggle is to get enough refinery and pumping capcity to use that oil.

The break even point on Russian oil is only 11 dollars a barrel. OPEC tries to keep a floor of 25 dollars a barrel to support their lifestyle. Russia sells for 20 and can make 100 percent profit and still undercut the middle east.

That is why I wish this government would get on board with the Russians in building the tunnel under the Bering Strait. Pipeline going this way, traincars full of wheat and corn going the other way...
View Quote

The Muslim's will reduce the oil supply as they've done before.

Do you believe Russia can immediately pick up the shortfall and that prices will remain stable ??

Yesterday, just on that fool Saddam's cry for oil reductions oil prices increased and no one pays much attention to Saddam.

I really don't know how to address your statement that Russia's cost of production are less than half of OPEC except to say I believe you to be seriously in error.

As to wheat and corn going to Russia in exchange for oil that's a vision I would like to see come true.

Now if Russia can just build a distribution network to actually move the food and if there was the technology to work in the permafrost and if there was this tunnel...........
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Wake up and smell the coffee.
View Quote

Actually I just made a fresh pot of french roast.

Both Arafat and Sharon are exactly the wrong people at the wrong time for their people.  Either both are listening to a higher power invisible to me or both are fools.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 2:04:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Face it, we're here to stay and we wont be your sand-niggers anymore.
View Quote

Uh, yes you will, you will always be our "Sand Niggers".

Oh, and all of your females are ugly.

Link Posted: 4/3/2002 2:23:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top