Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2002 7:58:16 PM EDT
Not that we haven't been burned by Dan Blather a time or two, but lookee here at this story:

[size=4]Dan Rather Near Bomb In Jerusalem[/size=4]

NEW YORK (AP) -- Dan Rather anchored the ``CBS Evening News'' from Jerusalem on Monday, only hours after a close call with a car bomb.

Rather and two producers had just driven by a checkpoint where a car bomb exploded, killing the attacker and critically wounding a policeman. Hearing the explosion, the CBS team went back to gather footage, a CBS spokesman said.

He's the third of the major network anchors to go to the scene of the deepening Middle East crisis. ABC's Peter Jennings and NBC's Tom Brokaw both reported from the region last week.

Rather, who was off last week, will be in Israel for a few days, depending on the news, the network said.

See article at:[url]http://library.northernlight.com/ED20020401990000044.html?cb=0&dx=1006&sc=0#doc[/url]

Eric The(Damn!WeMissed)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:08:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:11:58 PM EDT
[#2]
[i]Rather, who was off last week, will be in Israel for a few days, [b]depending on the news[/b], the network said. [/i]

No fresh blood of Jewish mothers or babies flowing in the street today? "Darn, pack up guys, I'm goin' home."

If I ever came across Dan Blather drowning in a lake, I'd set down on the shore and just repeatedly shout out to him, "What is the frequency Kenneth?" until he stopped coming back to the surface. Then I'd get up, take a leak and stroll away into a better world.

Link Posted: 4/2/2002 7:59:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Too Bad ..........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top