Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2002 3:35:01 AM EDT
From a friend of mine serving in Afghanistan:

Al,

I'm overdue this, but I hope you like it.

This is the M-4.  It is a derivative of the M-16A2, with heavy barrel and three position selector, SAFE - SEMI - BURST.  Below the barrel is an Infra-red Flashlight for close operations with night-vision-goggles.  On top of the forward barrel grip is a Laser aiming device that is actuated by a grip switch on the handle forward of the magazine.  This rifle is also outfitted with a scope for greater accuracy at longer ranges.

Above and below is the M-2, 50 Caliber Machine gun.  This weapon will reach out and touch you accurately to 1250 meters.

Above and below are two weapons.  The forward weapon is the Mark-19, automatic grenade launcher.  It will fire a couple hundred rounds per minute to a distance of 2400 meters.  The ammunition is belt fed 40mm grenades.  The other weapon is the SAW or Squad Automatic Weapon.  It fires the same ammo as the M-4, 5.56mm, except that this weapon is belt fed.  This replaced most of the M-60, 7.62mm, machineguns in the army inventory.  The army went to this to reduce the weight of the weapon and ammunition.

Hope you enjoyed the tour.  I'll try to get more.

Ryan

Edited to say that the pictures didn't copy and paste over from MS Word.  Who here can help me get the pictures over so you can see them?

Thanks,

Merlin

Link Posted: 4/1/2002 3:40:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you may have to save them first.  Then go and post them on a free photo host site and when they are posted, right click the pic, then left click properties, after that a window pops up and you hafta copy the whole link there, like this:  http://www.blahblahpic.lalala.com

then you post it here on ar15.com with [img <-another close bracket goes here, but if I put it there--it doesn't show up (HTML)insert open bracket--->/img]

there ya go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top