Link Posted: 3/31/2002 7:03:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I love sunrise service.

He is risn indeed!
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 7:13:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 7:15:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, it is still [b]Resurrection Sunday[/b] after almost two thousand years!

And since He lives, there is hope for one and all!

Eric The(AndHe'sComingBack)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 7:19:06 AM EDT
[#4]
PRAISE THE LORD!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 7:20:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Amen!

For those who don't know that means "so be it"
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 7:39:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Amen.  Amazing Grace.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 7:45:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Steamy?

Why do the body proportions in that image seem so off?

The torso is to long.

Link Posted: 3/31/2002 7:48:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Amen.

Link Posted: 3/31/2002 7:53:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I love sunrise service.

He is risn indeed!
View Quote

I agree!!  To this day I get really uncomfortable going to any mass after 8:30am.  It just doesn't seem right.

Praise Jesus Christ and all that he has done for us.

To those that don't believe....remember God still believes in you regardless.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 10:47:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Storm

During and after the Renaissance there arose a lot of artistic styles across the whole board of painters, sculpters and architects. Different periods (Baroque - Highly ornamental; Romanesque - Voluptous women, softened lines,)had different styles that tended to dominate. If you see these works you see their perfectionism.

The painting above is just prior to the Renaissance; where artists were still trying to adapt mathmatically correct perspective in their subjects, back and foreground. You can see the great care and detail, but in most of the paintings of this time you'll see elongated torsos, necks, hands and feet.

A beautiful painting none the less. If you note the staff as it passes in front of the mantel JC is standing on, you can't really see the definition from the background. A short time past the creation of this painting, painters will go to extraordinary lengths to define even this small area!
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 11:07:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 11:13:33 AM EDT
[#12]
in deed HE is risen.happy easter to all.let us take a moment to ask HIM to watch over our service members in the afgahn region,and thier families this day,amen
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 11:19:31 AM EDT
[#13]
And the Afghani's too.His eye is on the sparrow.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 11:21:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Poor artistic abilities. Its a problem.

Just look at all the board house wives putting ducks and farm animals on the walls of their kitchens. Every on thinks they are an artist.
View Quote

I bet the ducks and farm animals find that very annoying [%|].
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 11:27:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Glory be to God, He has Risen! Happy Easter to you one and all!!
God Bless America!
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 11:29:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Well I can't get my picture up. But

Oh yes, I know what I want to say.

Today is the day for this.

Math 4:39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, [red]PEACE, be still.[/red] And the wind Ceased and there was a great calm.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 12:17:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Happy Easter.  Looks like an Englishman did that portrait of Christ, with St. George's cross and everything.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 12:28:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Amen.

Jesus was brought to life and is alive today.

That's a reason to celebrate!
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 1:00:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Jesus answered, I am THE way(not A way, but THE only way) and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

Thank you God for grace and the greatest gift mankind could ever receive.

Lee

Prevent truth decay, read the Bible!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 1:26:18 PM EDT
[#20]
It would be refreshing to see Christ rendered as he actually was, a man from the Middle East, as opposed to the countless pictures of white Northern Europeans such as the one shown here.  But I nit-pick.  Happy Easter.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 1:37:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Praise God for giving Himself unto the Cross so that [b]ALL[/b] Mankind shall live everlasting.

Jesus does indeed Live !!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!

[url]http://www.dayspring.com/movies/webmovies/allabout.html[/url]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 1:51:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Amen!

Happy Easter everyone.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 2:07:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Amen! I am glad to see and here from christian's here.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 2:44:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Im not exactly a godless heathen but I worked today, for the big $$. I know what Easter is for but I havnt set foot in church for years due to the hypocrites who talk of God but are intolerant of those who are not regular church goers. My respects to all true faiths and a pox on the "weekend christians" who are assholes in everyday life. FYI, I spent every Sunday for almots 20 years in church Sunday mng and a lot of evenings and a pretty fair number of midweek services. Anyone who thinks you have to go to church to go to heaven is missing the point I think. Im a better human being than a lot of the so called moral majority.
Asbestos underwear on and ready for the flames, first one to make that link to the flames of hell instead of rebuttal is a moron.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 3:38:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Ernie, I tend to agree with you to a point.  I don't get to church much, but I probably do more praying than alot of the regulars.  There are all kinds of Christians just like there are all kinds of shooters, all kinds of cops, yadda yadda.  God loves all of us regardless, and that is why I try to get to church more often, regardless of the hypocrites and the like.  

A lot of clergy will come down on you for not attending regularly because you aren't giving money...I have seen that a few times.  I finally found a Church with really cool clergy and they don't hammer you for money.  Walk in, non members, whatever are always welcome and they are simply welcomed to the service to hear about Jesus.  I go when I can, and give what I can.  I would really like to go more often.  My wife hates Church and that's kind of a hard thing, I feel really dumb going by myself.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 3:43:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 3:48:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Ernie

I think that all Christians know that faith and grace are the keys to heaven.  Works are not.

Going to church often can only strengthen your faith.  Not going to church by itself will not kill your faith.

To me the best thing about going to church is it is the right thing to do most the time.  Good things come of a structured life with God.

I don't think anybody would want to flame you for what you said.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 3:55:45 PM EDT
[#30]
happy easter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  [smoke]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 4:05:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Ernie,
    I'm one of those guys who go to church most every time the door is open. I've probably never offended you by being a hypocrite since we are several states away. I hang my head in shame and admit however, that I probably have offended others who are in closer proximity than yourself. I ask the Lord's forgiveness for this, even though it is quite unintentional. The Lord is very specific about what awaits those who cause one of His children to stumble.
We are all products of Adam's fall. The Lord loves you wherever you are, be it at home, work or at church. God bless you brother and remember, you can still have a personal relationship with Him, even if you never go back to church.
John
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Amen! I am glad to see and here from christian's here.
View Quote

Gee you are naked and glad to see us???

Why does that seem a little disturbed to me.

Link Posted: 3/31/2002 5:22:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Amen!!! Happy Easter!
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 5:34:07 PM EDT
[#34]
By the power of the Blood of Christ, Given in sacrifice for us, forgive us all our sins and failures, and help us be better people. He is indeed risen, first born of the dead, and born again to life for our salvation. God bless us all, my brothers and sisters, Amen!

[8D]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 5:47:05 PM EDT
[#35]
I believe Jesus Christ rose from the dead and died for mans sin and said who he said he was: God in the flesh. I am glad I am saved and I hope every one today has pondered in their hearts the meaning of this special day and the teachings of Jesus christ. Happy Easter.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 5:52:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Happy Easter peeps. God bless you all.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 5:53:05 PM EDT
[#37]
And He will forever be so!

I think that mankind in general has such an understandably skewed view of christianity and I beleive that there are valid reasons for the skepticism that many look upon christianity with.

The TV evangelists, [your Jim Bakers if you will] the bible thumpers on the park benches and the courthouse steps, the money begging, holy rolling, yelling, hollering, red faced screamers shouting "you're all gonna go to hell if you don't send me money", the snake handlers and the faith healing sideshows are enough to scare most anyone off.

I feel that all these things are quite contrary to the message Jesus gave and to the one He wishes Christians to teach.

To me Christianity is about faith....a beleif in Jesus as the only means by which a man may go to heaven....in the absolute power of the resurrection.  For, w/o beleif in the resurrection there is no power and there is no salvation, for if Christ is dead then so is our beleif and everything we strive for ends only in death...nothing more.

Churches, may I remind you, are refuges.  Places where sinners [everyone...christians included] may go to seek truth, power and to try and employ a different means of handling the troubles life throws at everyone.  

The down side is [again] that the people in churches are just like everyone else; sinners subject to the same temptations and sins as non-beleivers.  Sure...there is supposed to be a difference......the spirit inside a christian which allows us to know right from wrong, but [again] as the church is full of plain old  people, sin enters in and many, many turn the church into a business, a showplace, an arena for personal gain and for social entertainment.  What is left out is the basic concept of beleif in Christ, trust in Christ and trying to live ones life in a manner that to the best of his/her ability follows Christ's teachings.

As I said, too many people see only the tainted side.

No..........you do not have to be in a church to go to heaven but, as one has confessed Christ to man, likewise Christ confesses that person to the Father in heaven.  

It is then up to the individual to align themselves with a bible beleiving, bible preaching church..............of their choosing with God's help.

Sometimes you may have to look a long time but those kinds of churches are out there.

Lest anyone is preparing to flame me for being a hypocrite here let me remind you and do a bit of confessing at the same time.

I [like all Christians] am human.  Saved yes, but still human.

I say things I should not. I laugh at jokes I should not and I do things I should not.  Sometimes often and sometimes infrequently.

This does not mean I am gonna go to hell when I die.  That price for me has been paid long long ago and I accepted the offering that Christ made to me [and everyone].  It does mean that I should do my best not to do those things [and sometimes I am successful] but often I am not.

Then, it is up to me to get my self right again, ask forgiveness and strive not to behave in such a wordly maner.  I have my weaknesses and I allow those weaknesses to be used too often it seems......God always forgives a sincerely repentant heart though and I do try

Easy......heck naw! But it is the way.

That make any sense to you guys?

Link Posted: 3/31/2002 6:43:21 PM EDT
[#38]
ernie thanks for your post. you came to the right group of people.
what you must understand is that the people who go to church include the assholes and hypocrites such as i am. you see church is for sinners, and assholes that want to change. some do, and  some dont, some back slide. etc. they are people with faults that know they are wrong, but are trying to the right thing.
if some one is perfect and without sin. then they have no need to go to church!!! its just that simple.
so assholes need to go to church
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 6:51:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Use2b has a bit more blunt way of putting it but I agree........just took me 3000 characters to say it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

God always forgives a sincerely repentant heart though and I do try

Easy......heck naw! But it is the way.

That make any sense to you guys?

View Quote

Understood and agreed with.
The good Lord is on our side and sometimes it's tough to stay on His, but worth it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 7:28:54 PM EDT
[#41]
'Jesus of Nazareth' by Franco Ziferelli is the very best rendition of the Life of Christ.

The nice part is that Ziferelli didn't put any words into Jesus' statements, everything He says comes from Scripture.

The lousy part is that when John the Baptist baptizes Jesus in the Jordan River, he merely pours water over Jesus' head, rather than immersing Him.

That's [u]not[/u] Scriptural!

But, all in all, an excellent movie!

Eric The(Believing)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 3:19:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
'Jesus of Nazareth' by Franco Ziferelli is the very best rendition of the Life of Christ.

The nice part is that Ziferelli didn't put any words into Jesus' statements, everything He says comes from Scripture.

But, all in all, an excellent movie!

Eric The(Believing)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Screw that.  Gimme Scorcese's Last Temptation of Christ, where Jesus marries a hooker. [sex] It's in the Bible, you just have to read between the lines.

raven the (blasphemous) stud [}:)]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 3:40:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Balderdash, [b]raven[/b], that is pure [u]adulterated[/u] hogwash!

Amazing that so astounding a heresy as you have described was 'in the Bible' but it had to wait until 'scholars' of the 20th Century discovered it!

They and any fool that can be so deceived can -Go to hell![:D]

Eric The(ROTFLMAO)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 4:01:38 AM EDT
[#44]
I have an irreverent sense of humor.
(This is not news to my wife.)
She shared with me yesterday, Easter, that I had embarrassed her several years ago, on Easter Sunday.
We were walking into church on Sunday morning, and a teenager was standing at the door, handing out bulletins.
He was asking each person "What does Easter mean to you?"
My reply was "I get to buy new clothes and dress up."
Well, now she tells me how this embarrassed her.

So, the truth is, Easter is about the empty tomb.
No other "faith" has an empty grave for it's founder.
That's what I'm pinning my hopes on.
There is nothing inside of me that deserves the love of an Almighty God, but he loved me anyway.
When I say something stupid, when I don't allow my coworkers to see Him in my life, when I do things (like Baker and Swaggert) that hurt the cause of Christ, He still loves me, and is willing to forgive me.
WOW!

2CO 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

AC 1:11 "Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top