BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2002 2:26:03 PM EDT
A Plan to Restore the Second Amendment
by Brian Puckett

[url]http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?ID=132[/url]
View Quote

This guy has a strategy to force a supreme court decision on the 2nd Amendment.

My proposal is this: Challenge in state and federal court any and all gun control laws on the basis of the guarantee contained in the Second Amendment.

As opposed to the old top down tactics, this new strategy attacks the problem from the bottom up; that is, it attacks from the fundamental principle—the Second Amendment. The intent is to lay the foundation for sweeping away all unconstitutional firearm restrictions.
View Quote

Primary Tactic

The immediate goal is for individuals, private groups, or organizations to file Second Amendment violation lawsuits in every city and state. By sheer numbers, this will force examination of this issue by the U.S. Supreme Court. Some cases will be lost in the lower courts where they are filed, but others will be won, sometimes in areas of law that are completely unexpected (consider the recent Emerson case in Texas, which may well lead to a Supreme Court case).

Win or lose, the cases will be appealed by one side or the other and go on to appellate courts. Further appeals will subsequently generate differing U.S. Circuit court decisions, and these will lead to Supreme Court cases.
View Quote

My question is this, can anyone estimate how much money would it take to fund enough lawsuits to pull this off?

If I ever win one of the big state lottery drawings, I'll put aside a million for myself, and the rest will go towards enacting a plan like the one outlined in that linke. Seems like a good idea.

Link Posted: 3/29/2002 2:49:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
If I ever win one of the big state lottery drawings, I'll put aside a million for myself, and the rest will go towards enacting a plan like the one outlined in that linke. Seems like a good idea.
View Quote

Thanks for giving me the idea.  I just bought some lottery tickets; if I win the drawing tomorrow, I will do just that.  Imagine the irony that California is paying for pro-gun law suits.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top