Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2002 2:10:03 PM EDT
I don't think I really grasp the meaning of the word.  I looked it up in the dictionary and found no satisfactory answers.

BTW,  I just nominated myself for the Troll of the Year Award.  Hope its a good prize.

Also, I need calrification on the meaning of "right wing" and "left wing".

Please help me out guys and gals, I am in search of my true inner self.

Jarhead
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 2:13:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 2:14:17 PM EDT
[#2]
this - [:k] - is a troll.  

right wing [-=(_)=-] left wing
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 2:17:57 PM EDT
[#3]
A troll on this site is someone who posts stuff just to be an asshole. Someone who just wants to start shit with people. I think it gets its name becuase these people are trolling for an arguement the same way you would troll for fish. Just putting bait out and seeing who will bite.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#4]

A troll is to posting what a skank is to f*cking.

Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:43:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 6:26:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the clarification.  And to think I thought I was a troll!!!!!!!  Turns out that was nothing more than a low self esteem problem after all!  I feel much better (thanks to you guys and Zoloft!!).

LOL,

Jarhead

PS....  A "skank" is a bad thing???? Jeez, what else is there to learn!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 10:19:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

PS....  A "skank" is a bad thing???? Jeez, what else is there to learn!!!!!!!!
View Quote

ROTFLMFAO.......maybe cause it is late but that is some funny shit......
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 10:22:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Trolls are targets for right-wing AR15.com enthusiasts!
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 10:37:46 PM EDT
[#9]
A troll is anyone you don't like and/or agree with... at least on here anyway.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 10:54:19 PM EDT
[#10]
A troil is that which lives under a bridge and grabs young children that are haplessly there. Its the thing your parents used to scare you with when you were small , Its the booggie man under the bridge! Didn't any of you read about the troils waiting to get you !   That is what happens in all good time, soon some of you will be so young that you will not only say Elvis Who, but also Beatles What? and viet What . Any way being a troll is not good unless you are a kebblers troil.... bob cole
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:24:49 AM EDT
[#11]

[url]http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/html/entry/troll.html[/url]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:30:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:38:45 AM EDT
[#13]
troll  a creature of scandinavian folklore variously portrayed as a dwarf or a giant living  in caves or under bridges or sometimes in a needed case of getting many begine posts!  Elvis ain't dead he has just left the building!  bob cole
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 1:29:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

A troll is to posting what a skank is to f*cking.

View Quote

Take it from an expert!

You'd have to be pretty intimate with trolls and skanks to make that statement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top