Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2002 1:40:56 PM EDT
It's official there's something in the water out here. More of our tax dollars going toward incredibly good use!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0203260272mar26.story?coll=chi%2Dnews%2Dhed

Link Posted: 3/26/2002 1:49:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 1:56:39 PM EDT
[#2]
They're not very smart up there in Chicago-land, are they?

They will learn.   After chasing deer with a contraption that cost a mint and looks like something Dr. Seuss would have drawn up, and NOT catching enough deer to make a dent in the population, and blowing a lot of man hours and money in the process,  next year there'll be even MORE deer and they'll be eating everyone's garden.

When the deer get to the prized rose bushes, even the pacifists will develop a taste for venison.

I'd like to see an open hunting season declared on the 400 assholes who joined the "Don't hunt the deer!  Waah! " [>(] lawsuit.

Eventually, when the deer become radically overpopulated, they will turn to alternative sources of food.   And when small pets and even the occasional baby disappears, with the only trace being bloody hoofprints leading off into the woods (or a dark garage), don't blame me.

Deer may adapt to become carnivorous, someday.

CJ

Link Posted: 3/26/2002 2:01:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Heeheeheeheehee

Now that's some funny sh*t!

It's only a matter of time before Crapifornia adopts this program.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Highland Park, IL.  But of course.  It's loaded with rich democrats.  And Lake County is noteworthy for their successful bid to get rid of one of the area's best Sportsman (gun) Shows.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 2:05:02 PM EDT
[#5]
And it's only a matter of time before they move from deer to humans. [:O]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 2:16:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Highland Park is a Suburb of Chicago...These people can afford to do it. Some houses there people will never see a dear on their land. They pay more for a landscaper than I do for rent. So they will sterilize the deer but the deer will still be eating their flowers. Wait till the Tick season starts.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 2:20:04 PM EDT
[#7]
No, No...I believe they are going to surgically sterilize them also. Everything is under control...go back to soccer practice.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 2:21:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey if sterilization would work with the deer...hmmm, has anyone tried it on anti-gun activists?
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 2:22:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Wasn't it in George Orwell's book 1984 that said "animals and proletariats are free"?

Guess not the animals anymore
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 2:26:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Highland Park, IL. But of course. It's loaded with rich democrats. And Lake County is noteworthy for their successful bid to get rid of one of the area's best Sportsman (gun) Shows.
View Quote

You are dead on Wadman. I used to work in Highwood and had to deal with people from Highland Park all the time. A bunch of rich ass yuppies with too much time and money on their hands. Grayslakes gun show was the best around. My buddy went to the city council meeting to protest the closing and he got shutdown bigtime from the liberal council members. what a bunch of crooks. They are working on moving it to Fox Lake so hopefully that  goes through.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 2:47:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I remember seeing something on Dateline NBC like 2-3 years ago. On Long Island, NY, conservation officials were trapping deer and sterilizing them or moving them away. Then they showed the enviro wackos feeding them, etc., but towards the end, they showed these two little girls that both had lyme disease courtesy of these oversized vermin.

Well, until they learn, I hope Highland Park gets a bad case of ticks. Then, when some little princess gets lyme disease and her mom/dad goes pyscho or sues someone, maybe then they'll learn their lesson.

themao [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 3:00:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I understand PETA is in the courts argueing for the deers right to accept or decline the sterilization procedure.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 3:05:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 3:07:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Just how exactly does sterilizing deer reduce the population that is already high?  If they have a problem right now and keep the same number of deer, won't the problem continue?

On another thought, 750,00 deer in Illinois and so far they caught 14.  All that means is that the offspring of the deer that weren't caught won't have any competition for food, which means they will have a better chance of surviving, thus keeping the deer population the same or allowing it to increase.

Link Posted: 3/26/2002 3:23:09 PM EDT
[#15]
What the hell are these morons thinking?  Taken to extremes they'll be in high crime neighborhoods next sterilizing school kids next.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top