Link Posted: 3/26/2002 11:26:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 11:41:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 11:50:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 12:01:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I would also like to point out, that $5 for every registrant to the BRC goes directly to the site, as well as $10 from the sale of every LEGP...

Those wanting to contribute more, can always feel free to do so at www.castle-arms.com, and make a contribution in the [b]Server Fund[/b] portion of the ordering pages.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 12:12:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Juan,

If there is anything I have or can do to help out, just drop me an email or give me a call.

My dad said that AR15.COM was like a family to him, and over the past year it has become the same way for me - family comes first.  You let me know.

Bill
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#8]
how about classifying all images on this site into different classes of necessity. With interface images ranked higher and less necessary ones ranked lower. Then have individual users set their preferences because I personally don't care for some pointless use of images and I would voluntarily set my preference at a level that load only small essential images.

Also, I'm not sure if this will work with a message board, but a while back I experimented with compressing large text sites with a text compression algorithm (HTML should have good compression ratio due to the highly repetitive content) and then having a javascript decompress it on the client end. With with fast code it's not too bad.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 12:40:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Also, I'm not sure if this will work with a message board, but a while back I experimented with compressing large text sites with a text compression algorithm (HTML should have good compression ratio due to the highly repetitive content) and then having a javascript decompress it on the client end. With with fast code it's not too bad.
View Quote

I say we really crush the BW issues, and revert to the first ever braille BBS...  Imagine the possibilities!  [:D]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 1:01:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh NO I was just trying to figure how to use the Chat part of this. You better Mail me Directions.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 2:00:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I think you could probably cut your BW requirements in half by just preventing moderators from posting.  [:D]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Just get folks to stop using the QUOTATION system for real long posts and especially picture posts.

Come on folks, how many times do we need to see the same photo in a single thread?  Isn't once enough?

Goatboy - maybe you could do some scripting that would remove the image reference line when someone uses the QUOTATION feature to respond.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 2:26:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 3:23:03 PM EDT
[#15]
... Good job GB, looks like I'll be joining as a paying member soon.

... Guess I need to step up the the proverbial plate so to speak.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
... Good job GB, looks like I'll be joining as a paying member soon.

... Guess I need to step up the the proverbial plate so to speak.
View Quote

Absolutely!  Anyone with over 100 posts should be required to join the site.  This place is worth much more than price of membership in the services it provides.  GB you should be commended once again for doing a tremendous job and I think that if more people owned up to their dependency upon this site then they would gladly help out the cause and pony up the cash.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top