User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2002 9:36:02 PM EDT

another lower  dpms forged
lower parts and A2 stock
30rd cooper mag $20
ak 30rd $13
aimpoint comp 10moa dot $250

and a couple other nonrelated items (war stuff)
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 10:24:47 PM EDT
[#1]
3 weld or 6 weld Cooper?
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 4:16:46 AM EDT
[#2]
that was a pretty big show (at least to me)  I also pickd up a lower DPMS- it was half the price of the last DPMS lower I bought.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 5:33:12 AM EDT
[#3]
How much were those DPMS lowers?  Cast or forged?  

I guess that DPMS must have a reason why they don't price anything at those shows.  I suppose that they can make more money by making you negotiate with them.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 6:06:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought one that was "dinged".  it looked like it was very slightly mis-forged  there was a tiny "wave" of metal by the mag lip.  The mag weel also looks a bit thinner on that side, but not thin enough to be a problem. paid $175 for the complete lower.  I thought it was a good deal anyway-the wife didnt....

I am not sure of the pricing (or not pricing) deal at the show, I proably would have impulse purchased a lot more stuff if i knew the pricing.  I wanted one (or more) of everything they had in that room!

Heck, my last lower is a dpms and now this is another-wouldnt buy them if they were junk.  I would have not even noticed this if they did not mention it.

Buy DPMS.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 9:23:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Everything seemed pretty over priced to me... I did pay a little too much for 75 stripper clips, but what the hell... it was still fun looking around.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 11:51:22 AM EDT
[#6]
not sure about the welds Imbroglio..it looks like all my other mags except some of the weld spots (?) on the back aren't as deep as the sanchez one i have.  i got a couple other coopers recently and didn't have any trouble with them at the range.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 4:49:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Good. There are some Coopers so out of spec that they won't even fit in the mag well and some 3 weld jobs that pop open when loaded.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top