Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2002 2:09:30 AM EDT
You guys remember that refund check we got earlier this year?  Well I just went to a tax advisor guy, licensed and all that, and he told me that I owed a sum INCLUDING the ammount that I received from that check which was issued.  Now this surprised the hell out of me.  

Question:  has anyone got the same news?  And wasn't this SUPPOSED to be non-taxable accoding to Georgie W Bush?  

Either somebody made a big mistake, I doubt that as he used a software, or I've been had by politicians again.

WHat's going on?
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 2:25:59 AM EDT
[#1]
You have been soooo butt-raped it's not funny.

Yea, I thought the same thing when I was given this great... "refund".  The money you were given was  pre-refund. or more importantly a pre-tax.   Bush has screwed you all to hell.

Bush just wanted the Economy to be cool for a couple of months while he figured out who to declare war on.

Sorry dude... you lose.

Link Posted: 3/17/2002 2:56:12 AM EDT
[#2]
The tax rebate that was "given" was nothing more than a scam on the american people. Just like the whole income tax scheme, which is the biggest scam going in this country. Our country "pisses" off more money in one day than what everyone on this board makes in one year combined. They give billions of our "tax" money to third world countries every year to be our friends. That combined with all the parasites sucking off the public tax funds, ALL YOUR REFUNDS ARE BELONG TO US!!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:33:41 AM EDT
[#3]
No, it was not a scam, and no you were not "butt raped."  The money was an advance on this year's return.  Changes in the tax laws meant you were going to get $300-600 more back this year than you would have and the administration thought it would be nice if you got it immediately rather than have to wait till you filed your taxes.
So when you file this year, you are going to get what you would have gotten back minus the $300-600 you already got.
It is NOT taxable...either you misunderstood or the tax-preparer is wrong.  I got my return back in February and went over all this at the time.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:42:06 AM EDT
[#4]
What Rikwriter said[:D]

Yes the gov flushes a huge amount of our money down the toilet daily. Social programs/entitlement programs are the biggest scam ever unloaded on the american worker. A constitutional amendment that would end these would finish the Democratic Party virtually overnight.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:52:54 AM EDT
[#5]
[url]http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/cafr1/CAFR.html[/url]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 7:03:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 7:46:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
[url]http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/cafr1/CAFR.html[/url]
View Quote

LMFAO... How did I know there would be an "informative" cd for a large sum of cash at the bottom of that page.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 9:25:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Outrageous!  Tryin to make money!  Call the IRS!
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 9:34:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No, it was not a scam, and no you were not "butt raped."  The money was an advance on this year's return.  Changes in the tax laws meant you were going to get $300-600 more back this year than you would have and the administration thought it would be nice if you got it immediately rather than have to wait till you filed your taxes.
So when you file this year, you are going to get what you would have gotten back minus the $300-600 you already got.
It is NOT taxable...either you misunderstood or the tax-preparer is wrong.  I got my return back in February and went over all this at the time.
View Quote

RikWriter could not be more correct. In addition to the $600 I got 9 months ago, I still got back a hundred bucks more than last year. In no way whatsover did the $300 or $600 advance hurt you in anyway. Kaimera's tax preparer needs to go back to being a greeter form Wal-Mart. If there are any guilty feeling liberals out there so upset about their $600 check just send it to me as I am in the market for a flat top upper for my next AR project. No flame intended but you have been spoon fed a crock of misinformation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top