Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2002 2:50:49 PM EDT
Have been a regular visitor of this site (and the "old" one) for about 1.5 years.  Finally registered.

Would someone who attended in Denver today please tell me about this weekend's show?
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 5:08:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I went. It was a typical Tanner gun show. Same vendors selling the same crap at the same inflated prices. It never ceases to amaze me that they think people will buy $800 Garands, $950 AR's, $250 Yugo Mausers, and so on. I'm to the point where I don't just recognize the dealers, I recognize the shitty guns they've had on their tables for the last umpteen shows. Another 6 bucks down the shitter...

Matt
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, Matt

Wanted to get some opinions before spending the money and making the trip.
Will reconsider.

I know that the Crossroads show was last weekend, and according to the CSSA site, there are several in the upcoming months.  Is there a show that is generally recommended?
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 5:46:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Was there today (Saturday), largest crowd of people I've seen there in a long time.

Usual crap, nothing exciting, but you could see the prices go up as you were watching. 95% of the gun related merchandise I've seen the last 8 shows. Maybe a new Broomie and a new Luger ot two. Bought a 100 rounds of South African 7.62*25 for $15, and a box of girl scout cookies, had a cup of coffee, went home, well, almost, some qsshole in a Jeep Cherokee shoved the Bunny into a Toyota Tundra.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Had to work today but was planning to go Sunday. Maybe I'll just save my money. You guys are right, always the same old crap! Don't know how some of those guys expect to sell some of those inflated guns! I do 95% of my purchases now on line. But isn't it funny how we return every time in hopes of maybe seeing something new!LOL
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 6:29:39 PM EDT
[#5]
You'll see a lot of the same people at both gun shows. Overall, the Tanner is a bit bigger and better. Honestly, though, the last gun show that had really good prices was last June or so. Maybe they lower the prices because it is slow then. What are you looking for? Most of the stuff I get these days is over the internet. Look in the right places and you can get some great deals...

Matt

Quoted:
I know that the Crossroads show was last weekend, and according to the CSSA site, there are several in the upcoming months.  Is there a show that is generally recommended?
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 6:31:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I go for the people watching. It's cheaper than a movie...Seriously, though, it is fun to play with stuff (before you but it online for 20% less) I saw a sweet Kimber .45 ;o)

Matt

Quoted:
Had to work today but was planning to go Sunday. Maybe I'll just save my money. You guys are right, always the same old crap! Don't know how some of those guys expect to sell some of those inflated guns! I do 95% of my purchases now on line. But isn't it funny how we return every time in hopes of maybe seeing something new!LOL
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#7]
here's what I bought at tanners:
#1 new refubished russian sks all matching #'s 1952 best one I've seen in over 10 years $240
#2 like new rfi enfield  in 308 looks like new and all matching #'s also best one I've seen in ten years $200
#3 model 1860 light cavalry sabre made by c. roby 1865 with like perfect blade and grip and fantastic scabbard. one of the nicest one's I've ever seen. $750
#4 17 usgi 30 round mags $10 each
#5 2 very nice colt 20's $16 each
#6 3 new butt stock usgi cleaning kits $5 each
#7 1 box of each 500 smk's in 77 grain and 80 grain total for the two boxes $135
#8 100 m14 usgi cey marked stipper clips 20 cents each
I thought I did pretty well. at least at spending money. thought about going back this mourning but that drive home last night wore me out.

next weekend is the show in the springs and runs fri, sat and sunday instead of just sat. and sun like tanners.
there are deals but you really gotta get their early when they open and the spring show is good for that as alot of the dealers are still setting up when it opens at noon on friday.

what alot of you guys are seeing is that on set up day and the mourning before the show opens the dealers are trying to buy anything that they think they can make a buck on but they can't find everything so get there when it opens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top