Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2002 2:45:06 PM EDT
Ok tech heads, got a problem.  Palm Vx, Palm 4.0.1 desk top software. I am using Netscape messenger software, and each time I try to sync my hand held with the desktop, specifically the mail inbox, the message "hot sinc has experienced an error in Kernel32.DLL and will no close, if this problem persists try restarting your computer."  Well it has persisted, any suggestions?  I have reloaded the desktop software....
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Try deleting the software all together and reinstalling again.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 9:08:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with the other fellow - reinstall your Palm Desktop software.

The Netscape software doesn't interfere with your Palm stuff, so don't sweat that.

Additionally, kernel32.dll is an important Windows file.  You might want to consider buying Norton SystemWorks, which is a $30 diagnostic tool.  It should alleviate any more errors.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 9:15:48 PM EDT
[#3]
First, uninstall your Palm software. All your settings and files will be kept in C:\Palm, and of course on your Palm. Restart. Rename the C:\Palm folder into something else, like C:\Palmbackup. Re-install your desktop software. Problem should be solved. I'd stay away from Norton Sysworks, though. I can screw up my Windows installation myself just fine, thank you very much, I don't need extra software for that.

If you're interested, I can send you the files to upgrade your Palm to the newest PalmOS, version 4.1.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 9:57:58 PM EDT
[#4]
If KERNEL32.DLL is shot, you are looking at a reinstall of Wondoze.  It is possible for KERNEL32.DLL to go bad in sections (it handles a lot of device system calls, IIRC) and only collapse when the right thing hits it...

I run the following - and I can attest that the software that came with them is sound and they can all co-exist...

Palm IIIx
Palm Vx
Palm VIIx
Handspring Visor Prism
Palm i705

All on the same computer, via the Useless Serial Bus.  I will be thinning the selection soon (all were evaluation units for companies I consult with) and will probably gravitate to the Prism (nice colour!) and the i705.

FFZ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top