User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 7:26:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey-- [b]if anyone has a 1943 copper penny, I lost it. Please return it to me. Thanks.[/b]
View Quote

Ah, a fellow numismatist. [b]YEAH RIGHT![/b]
View Quote

What part of CA are you in?

Link Posted: 3/15/2002 8:22:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Ah, a fellow numismatist. [b]YEAH RIGHT![/b]
View Quote

Isn't that similar to that other pervert practice?

I think that one is called philatelism.

Link Posted: 3/15/2002 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#3]
She can use my quarters any time she wants.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#4]
All in all, Lojack, you are a very lucky man, for one day you look back at this and say to yourself, "Thank God it was just my collection of quarters, and I got that valuable warning  about her before I married her."

Link Posted: 3/15/2002 9:03:46 PM EDT
[#5]
If they were just the State quarters, by the time they will be worth something, you would be dead anyway so better lighten up and enjoy the company of your gf now while you are still able to.

Link Posted: 3/15/2002 9:23:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lighten up, they're quarters for god's sake.  If this is your biggest problem today, you've had a pretty good day.

And not to be too rude, but if you're going to bother collecting coins, why not collect some that are actually worth something and not just pot metal fiat specie that passes for currency these days?
View Quote

Wrong. The value of the items in question has absolutely [b]no[/b] bearing on the matter. If she had thrown his used tissue collection out, it would have been just as bad. The point is she took, i.e. [b]stole[/b], something that wasn't hers and that she had absolutely no right to take. No offense intended, but she sounds like a self-centered, inconsiderate woman to me.
View Quote

I agree w/ NH2112.  The point that it was quarters is nothing.... but the taking and using w/out permission and then tried to replace.

Example:  (Hypotheical) A 'old' hankerchief, slightly soiled over the years.  You've told you 'other' never to touch it or wash it. And you leave it at that. And one day, she washes it and says because it was just getting to here.  You find it washed, you go crazy.  Why? You told her not to and she did.  Reason:  Hanky was used to wipe "your tears" at (example) your father's funeral (passed away before you met your 'other').  Okay, crazy, extream example.... but I understand.  

Your stuff is your stuff.  Sometimes you don't want to tell anyone that it has 'sentimental' value.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 9:51:29 PM EDT
[#7]
There are some people here with some screwed up values.  I thought this issue would be cut and dried; the fact that some of you think it's not, scares me.

If this [i]were[/i] pocket change some of you might have had a point but, the fact that it was something he was collecting (and she knew it) makes it wrong, very wrong.  

If he would have said he was so upset because she screwed with the neighbor, some of you would have said "Well at least she didn't screw the neighbor's dog, she's a keeper"

It's wrong any way you slice it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 10:33:41 PM EDT
[#8]
...SHE'S A KEEPER!
Dang, that's funny...
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 10:56:26 PM EDT
[#9]
The whole point is that she stole something of his. It's a question of trust, and integrity is an absolute -- your standards thereof should remain the same in all cases large and small.

Quoted:

What part of CA are you in?
View Quote

Near Placerville, between Sacramento and Tahoe. No, you can't have my 1943 penny.

J/K -- But wouldn't it be nice to retire on that penny!
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 5:01:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

J/K -- But wouldn't it be nice to retire on that penny!
View Quote

I bet several people could retire on that penny. What is the [i]estimated[/i] worth of that penny today?

I am from CA-- the southern part... I now live in Texas.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 6:23:13 AM EDT
[#11]
this is a major warning. if you cnt del this out NOW you should split up. cause it will only get worse.

BTW i have a bunch of spare quarters around here. some denver minted quarters too. i will send them to you at face value. some of them are in 2x2's.

email me if interested  [email protected]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 7:31:40 AM EDT
[#12]
If she knew they meant something to you, dump her.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 9:57:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Or just beat her with them quarters in a sock.  That'd learn her real good!

[:P]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top