Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2002 3:27:46 PM EDT
I heard this rumor.  Is is true?  Gosh, I feel for you guys.  [}:D]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I could see Texas becoming another Kalifornia if she was elected.  But I don't think so would ever get elected there...people in Texas aren't stupid
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 3:32:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Marv, no offense, but, WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU???????????
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Aw, Don, I'm kinda bored tonight and decided to see if I could stir up a bunch of Texans.  [:)]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 3:35:56 PM EDT
[#4]
why on earth would she want to run for gov. of texas?  i mean really, think about it.

first, and i mean no disrespect to the people of texas, but governorship is small time compared to a U.S. senator.  hmmmm.  run a state or run the country?  which do you think she'd want.  she wouldn't get the power or the exposure that she craves as governor of texas.

second, her next move is for the presidency.  i firmly believe that she only became a senator to help ease her way into politics because she'd have a better chance at the presidency than without any political experience at all.

this woman would love to be king of the world.  do you really think texas is big enough for her?
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Tony Sanchez (d, Texas Oilman, Banker) vs. Rick Perry  (r, incumbant governor)
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 3:44:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Aw, Don, I'm kinda bored tonight and decided to see if I could stir up a bunch of Texans.  [:)]
View Quote

I don't know about a bunch, but it damn sure worked on this one! [:D]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 3:48:16 PM EDT
[#7]
ARLady, surely you are just jokeing.....

This list of rules will apply to each person as
they enter the state of Texas.

It's called a 'gravel road'. I drive a pickup
truck because I need it. No matter how slow you drive,
you're going to get dust on your Lexus.
Drive it or get it out of the way.

We all started hunting and fishing when we were
nine years old.
Yeah, we saw Bambi. We got over it.

Any references to "corn fed" when talking about
our women will get your butt kicked ...
by our women.

Go ahead and bring your $800 Orvis Fly Rod. Don't
cry to us if a
flathead breaks it off at the handle. We have a
name for that little
13-inch trout you fish for...bait.

Pull your droopy pants up. You look like an
idiot.

If that cell phone rings while a flock of dove are
coming in, we will
shoot it. You might hope you don't have it up to
your ear at the time.

That's right. Whiskey is only two bucks. We can
buy a fifth for
what you paid for that shot in the airport.

High School Football is as important here as the
Lakers and the
Knicks...and a dang sight more fun to watch.

No, there's no "Vegetarian Special" on the menu.
Order steak.
Order it rare. Or, you can order the Chef's Salad
and pick off the
two pounds of ham and turkey. Yeah, we have sweet
tea. It comes
in a glass with two packets of sugar and a long
spoon.

You bring Coke into my house, it better be brown,
wet, and served over ice.

So you have a sixty-thousand dollar car. We're
real impressed. We
have quarter-million-dollar cotton strippers that
we drive three weeks a year.

Let's get this straight. We have one stoplight in
town. We stop
when it's red. We may even stop when it's
yellow.

Our women hunt, fish, and drive trucks - because
they want to. So, you're a feminist. Isn't that cute?

Yeah, we eat catfish, carp, and crawdads. You
really want sushi
and caviar? It's available at the bait shop.

They are pigs, cattle and oil wells. That's what
they smell like.
Get over it. Don't like it? I-40 and I-10 go east
and west;
I-35 goes north and south. Pick one.

The "Opener" refers to the first day of deer
season. It's a
religious holiday held the closest Saturday to the
first of November.

So every person in every pickup waves. It's called
being friendly. Try to understand the concept.

Yeah, we have golf courses. Don't hit in the water
hazards - it spooks the fish.

We have more Navy, Marines, Air Force and Army
than any other state,
so, "Don't Mess With Texas". If you do it will
get your butt kicked by the best!

Our military is only used as a back up. Per
capita, each man, woman
and child owns at least two firearms and has taken
a NRA Certified Shooter Education Course.

Also remember what President Sam Houston once
said, "Texas can make it
without the United States, but the United States
cannot make it without Texas."

...fullclip
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 5:00:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#9]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh God.......

My sides.....are....hurting......

Even the women down here hate Hillary. Not just dislike, I'm talking about making fun of her hair [b]HATE[/b]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 5:06:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 5:34:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 5:43:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Let her run...oh please God let her run in Texas.  I was thinking about easing out of politics after the General this fall but I really want in that fight.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 5:49:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Saw the topic and started LMAO immediately. Hillary....Texas.....just doesn't mix.

[whacko][whacko][whacko][whacko][whacko][whacko]

Link Posted: 3/13/2002 5:54:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Marvl:

You owe me for a new laptop.  This one is covered in Coca-Cola from just reading the title.  ROTFLMAO!

Please, you can have her.  She's my Senator.  But she carpet bagged once so I'm sure she will not mind doing it again.  Maybe you'll find out she's a closet Rangers fan the way she was a closet Yankees fan.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#15]
That carpetbagging coldblooded bitch would get laughed out of the state.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 5:57:22 PM EDT
[#16]
It occurs to me that the only "running" Hitlery would do in Texas wouldn't be political...
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:06:45 PM EDT
[#17]
She doesn't want Bush's old job . She wants his CURRENT one . Seriously she got something like 22% in a recent poll asking who will be the next Democratic candidate . ALGORE just beat her with 25% and Tom Dashel came in third with 15% or so .
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:09:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I heard this rumor.  Is is true?  Gosh, I feel for you guys.  [}:D]
View Quote

You been smoking crack up on Pike's Peak ???

[whacko]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:11:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Tony Sanchez (d, Texas Oilman, Banker) vs. Rick Perry  (r, incumbant governor)
View Quote

hmmm....lesseee

a liberal DEM P.O.S.  or a

Moderate GOP  Bush wannabe....

Where's Ron Paul when you need him!
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Post from marvl -
Aw, Don, I'm kinda bored tonight and decided to see if I could stir up a bunch of Texans.
View Quote

Stirring up Texans is what cost Gen. Santa Anna his butt!

Eric The(Historical)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:18:38 PM EDT
[#21]
ARLady wrote, quite rightly -

“but governorship is small time compared to a U.S. senator”.

That’s very true if you consider “big time” to be [b]national[/b] media exposure.

And that is probably what Hillary is after, so that's why I say ARLady is right.

On the other hand, if you think “big time” is actual having power, and then ending up as President, Governors win every time.

Individual Senators, especially those without the seniority to be the Chair of a major committee, control relatively little staff, have rather modest office budgets (modest to them, not to us), no patronage, and little power over how the executive branch goes about it’s daily business.

Sure, any one Senator can bring the place to a halt, but they soon learn to play with the team if the want to get something done that they care about. Being a Senator is about making nice-nice with the other kids in the sandbox.

Governors however control, in some cases hundreds of thousands of employees, have thousands of patronage positions to fill, appoint regulatory board members, select state vendors, usually head their political party, and have a veto. They also have the power to pardon, appoint judges, and in many states are the chief LEO. They’ve got their hands on the real “levers”.

As an example here are the Presidents in the last 100 years who went from being Gov. to President -

William McKinley
Theodore Roosevelt
Woodrow Wilson
Calvin Coolidge
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Jimmy Carter
Ronald Reagan
Bill Clinton
George W Bush

Here are the Presidents who went from Senator to President -

Warren G. Harding
John F. Kennedy

This list excludes those Presidents who were first a Vice-President, had  no prior political office, or came into office via Congressional action. (Truman, Eisenhower, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, George H. W. Bush)

We should all be glad that the Hildebeast didn’t decide to run for Governor of a left leaning state.

Which one? Do you think she would have cared? After all, when you’re from “nowhere” you can be from anywhere.

Texas - Hillary - hahahah.

Now if she were running in my state, I'd be scared. I'd also be moving.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:23:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Fullclip sounds like he'd make a better governor than some new yorker that likes bush.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:33:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
ARLady, surely you are just jokeing.....

We all started hunting and fishing when we were
nine years old.
Yeah, we saw Bambi. We got over it.

View Quote

lol, cracks my shit up!
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
why on earth would she want to run for gov. of texas?  i mean really, think about it.

first, and i mean no disrespect to the people of texas, but governorship is small time compared to a U.S. senator.  hmmmm.  run a state or run the country?  which do you think she'd want.  she wouldn't get the power or the exposure that she craves as governor of texas.

second, her next move is for the presidency.  i firmly believe that she only became a senator to help ease her way into politics because she'd have a better chance at the presidency than without any political experience at all.

this woman would love to be king of the world.  do you really think texas is big enough for her?
View Quote

Hillary would suffer an unholy thrashing if she tried to run for anything in Texas.

But for anyone who wants to win the White House, a governor's office is a good way to get there.  Look at history:

In the past thirty years, [b]no one[/b] has gone directly from the Senate to the White House.  [b]All[/b] of the winning candidates have been either incumbents (Johnson, Nixon, Reagan, Clinton), governors (Carter, Reagan, Clinton, Bush II) or VPs (Nixon, Bush I).

In all of the 20th century, only two men went straight from the Senate to the presidency: JFK, who won by the narrowest of margins, and Warren Harding, who was governor of Ohio before his election to the Senate.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:43:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:02:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:34:41 PM EDT
[#28]
first of all, why would what i posted have been joking?

second, this woman doesn't want to hop around on the beaten path.  she wants to be president and she wants to be president now.  if she thought she could have succeeded, she would have loved to make it 3 clinton administrations.  

don't kid yourself.  the rest of the pack may take the proven road, but this woman won't.  it would actually hurt her to move from a position of national media exposure to one where no one but the texans will care (except when she pretends she's still a U.S. senator).

she'll have more momentum coming straight from the national spotlight as senator as she makes her move towards the presidency.  [i]for this woman[/i], governor of texas would actually be a step backward.  she needs to make her bid for the presidency when she's still "popular".  she won't have that popularity as texas's governor.

although i would love to see her try!

Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:48:57 PM EDT
[#29]
I think that if she ran and won, she would get assassinated.
I wonder who her runningmate would be??

[smoke]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:30:42 PM EDT
[#30]
I'd be happy to rent her a convertable and have her drive around Dallas to campaign! I'd even let Bill drive it.[;D]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:32:14 PM EDT
[#31]
hey Mojo, what's she going down on?
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:35:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Yeah let her come to TEXAS.  She'll meet a real man.  

Like the last dumb female democrap Governor said "STICK A FORK IN HER"!!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 5:25:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Jessie Helms would have a better chance of becoming the mayor of San Francisco before Hillary became Texas governer.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 5:55:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Man its true!!!

(AP WIRE) - In a recent interview with the former First Lady she eluded to her interest in heading south. New Yorkers, are a bit stunned at the revalation from their junior Senator - "I hear they have really big Large Mouth Bass...I'd fit right in." President Clinton commented on his wifes thoughts, "Sure, I'll support her, however I've been advised that taking Interstate 30 through Arkansas into Texas is outta the question - they wont let me back into Arkansas."

"I'd like to make a run for Governor of Texas," quipped the Senator, "...after all, I rigged the NY election, I'd consider Texas just another small step in advancing my career as a carpetbagger."

According to Texas officials, sandbag and barbedwire defenses have been erected around the boarder of the entire state. Local Sheriff Nathanial Steer stated, "We'll do whatever we can to prevent this from happening, trouble is we expect some sort of disguise - most likely along the lines of a large fat ass cow, or something like that. Animal control should be able to sedate her if necessary." He continued, "...as for the former President, he shouldnt be too hard to locate, we're just looking for the intern strapped to his zipper."

God bless TEXAS, and God help NY. [;)]

Link Posted: 3/14/2002 6:14:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
second, this woman doesn't want to hop around on the beaten path.  she wants to be president and she wants to be president now.  if she thought she could have succeeded, she would have loved to make it 3 clinton administrations.
View Quote

I generally need to spend weeks in deep contemplative soul searching to find a single positive thing to say about the junior shithole from NY, and I always come to a single thing.....she is rather shrewd.

Yes, she wants to be president now....you can practically read it off her face. Up until recently, she's been making all the right moves, and doing the right things to keep in the public spotlight....however....

Her party does not see her as a viable candidate. While yes, she is very well known, and somewhat press-savvy.....she brings to the table the votes of liberals and feminists. Translation - she brings to the table what any other high profile Dem candidate can bring, which means nothing. What she also brings to the table, is an extreme level of partisanship. You need two things to guarantee a win in the presidential election....the swing vote and the moderate opposition vote. It is rather difficult to predict the swing vote....but there is NO WAY she would carry the moderate op vote. She is too partisan, and too tied into issues of the past presidency. Which, at this time, makes her more of a liability than an asset to the part in a presidential bid.

don't kid yourself.  the rest of the pack may take the proven road, but this woman won't.  it would actually hurt her to move from a position of national media exposure to one where no one but the texans will care (except when she pretends she's still a U.S. senator).
View Quote

One could almost draw a parallel with Jesse Venture. He went from a high profile, national media exposure venture, to a governorship. He's still gotten quite a bit of media exposure since stepping 'down' in prominence to govern Minnesota.

The thing is.....Hillary doesn't NEED media exposure, she's had it in spades for about ten YEARS now. No one is going to forget the Wicked Bitch of the East. What Texas, if handled properly, gets her is something more vital than simple media exposure.....it gets her presidential votes.

she'll have more momentum coming straight from the national spotlight as senator as she makes her move towards the presidency.  [i]for this woman[/i], governor of texas would actually be a step backward.  she needs to make her bid for the presidency when she's still "popular".  she won't have that popularity as texas's governor.

although i would love to see her try!

View Quote

It all depends on how you look at it. Momentum is good, but you also need to shore up your support base. Of course....I can pretty much take back every single thing I said in this post based on one fact.....if she's stupid enough to think she has a shot of winning in Texas.....
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 6:15:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 6:22:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
[ Where's Ron Paul when you need him!
View Quote

In Congress, thank heaven!

I was hoping that the latest congressional gerrymandering would put me in his district, but no such luck. At least we get to try and elect someone without an incumbent. Of course, well probably get someone that lives 200 miles away.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 6:27:20 AM EDT
[#38]
I can see I have hit a nerve here, heh-heh.  Excellent, Smithers. [;)]

Hillary truly is a lying, unprincipled, worthless POS.  I don't understand why ANY state, even NY, would elect her to be anything, except possibly Sewer and Sanitation Manager.  You must admit the thought of her running in Texas is entertaining. [:D]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 7:01:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Would any candidate have enough faith in the Secret Service to make Hillary his VP?  "Rest assured, America, that I am fully capable of assuming the duties of the presidency when -- er, [i]if[/i] -- the president should suffer an untimely death." [X]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 7:38:06 AM EDT
[#40]
[url]http://www.hillaryno.com/[/url]
[url]http://brainstrain.users3.50megs.com/hillary.html[/url]
[url]http://www.stophillarynow.net[/url]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 7:51:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Hill run for gov of Texas???? I'm not that lucky.

Our Texans would rip her a new orifice to lie out of.

While that'd be fun to watch, she wouldn't give them the pleasure.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top