Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2002 2:01:49 PM EDT
... Right on
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 2:05:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Winston, you type faster than me. I was watching as I typed. You beat me to it.

"GUILTY AS CHARGED."

[b]Nothing to celebrate here though.[/b]

Link Posted: 3/12/2002 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#2]
She deserves to die........soon......God, I love Texas [:D]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 2:10:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank God there is still some sanity left
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 2:12:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Winston-you beat me by 30 seconds. Good job.

She will get the needle.

I lived in TX when the put to death Darla Routier for killing people with an ax. There was some protest, but it did not take long for them to put her in the ground for what she did. I am not sure if this will play out the same way. We will see.

God Bless Texas!
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 2:13:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Death, as soon as possible.

Mental Illness?  I am here to help...[IMG]http://216.40.198.77/mysmilies/s/otn/violent/zx11shocked.gif[/IMG]Reddy Kilowatt will solve the problem!

Every moment more this waste of flesh is alive is a disgrace.  Kill her NOW!

[IMG]http://www.duhspot.com/users/smiley/s/contrib/aahmed/sad.gif[/IMG]

Link Posted: 3/12/2002 2:20:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope they forget to wet the sponge.

Link Posted: 3/12/2002 2:42:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Winston-you beat me by 30 seconds. Good job.

She will get the needle.

I lived in TX when the put to death Darla Routier for killing people with an ax. There was some protest, but it did not take long for them to put her in the ground for what she did. I am not sure if this will play out the same way. We will see.

God Bless Texas!
View Quote

BYU, I think you've got these gals confused. Darly is still sitting on Death Row for stabbing two of her sons to death. IMHO. her appointment is waaay overdue.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 2:50:43 PM EDT
[#8]
[xx(]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 2:51:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Insanity should not be used as a "get out of jail free" card. If you are insane and you kill, all the more reason you should not live. But then again I have been known to be too radical in my views.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 3:09:29 PM EDT
[#11]
For those that want the details.....

[b]Texas Mother Found Guilty of Capital Murder[/b]

HOUSTON (Reuters) - A Texas jury on Tuesday took less than four hours to find Andrea Yates guilty of capital murder in the drowning deaths of her five young children last summer.  

The verdict means that on Thursday Yates, 37, faces a new phase of the trial in which jurors will decide whether she will be sentenced to die by lethal injection or sent to prison for life. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty in a county that leads the nation in executions.

Yates, who has been on anti-psychotic medication throughout the trial, appeared impassive as State District Judge Belinda Hill read the verdicts. Lawyer George Parnham put his arm around his client.

Yates' husband, NASA (news - web sites) engineer Rusty Yates, dropped his head into his hands after the verdict was read, while his mother sat beside him and hugged him. Yates' mother, Jutta Kennedy, sat stoically, her eyes reddening with tears.

The former nurse confessed to drowning the children, who ranged in age from 6 months to 7 years, in the bathtub of their Houston home on June 20, 2001, but said she did it to protect them from Satan.

She had been mentally ill for at least two years before the murders, twice attempting suicide and four times being treated in a mental hospital, experts testified.

Defense lawyers George Parnham and Wendell Odom argued Yates was a loving mother who spiraled into a severe, psychotic form of postpartum depression that started after her fourth pregnancy and worsened after her last.

Prosecutors sought a guilty verdict on the grounds that she was sick, but sane enough to know the crime was wrong, the standard for legal sanity in Texas.

The jury, which has been sequestered throughout a trial that is now in its fourth week, took just 3 hours and 40 minutes to decide Yates' guilt. In doing so, they rejected the defense's plea that their verdict could serve as a "springboard" for improved women's mental health care.

Link Posted: 3/12/2002 3:12:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 3:16:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 3:23:21 PM EDT
[#14]
ok good, we found her guilty!!! now we need her to die!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 3:24:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I hope she gets the needle, BUT... I think maybe life in a cell with enlarged pictures of her kids plastered on the wall might be better !!
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#16]
string er up!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 3:29:40 PM EDT
[#17]
[edit]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 3:30:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Gotta love Texas Justice. In LA she'd have been awarded $50,000 and an apology from the state for questioning her womanly choices.

but.... well... gotta love Texas women too cause they ain't bad looking - creepy as that may sound in this case.

-Lazy

[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20020312/i/1015974689.2684788770.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 3:39:51 PM EDT
[#20]
That's good, that's darn good!
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#21]
As a mother and a health care professional,I have NO remorse for this women at all! Come on now,if you are that depressed seek help. She being a nurse should have known that her treatment was not working for her. It is just a shame that those little kid had to die and their own mother did it to them. In my opinion she should be killed the same way she killed her innocent little children.[;D]
[newbie]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 6:45:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Katie Couric must be devastated. [>Q]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:31:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Cause for celebration!!!!!!
If this had been in my state (Illinois), it wouldn't have come to trial for 5 years.
Way to go, Texas!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top