Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2001 1:56:38 PM EDT
I'm using Netscape 6.0.  A few days ago, the forum pages went all black with the exception of the titles for topics.  When you select text, you can read it but otherwise appears to be black on black.  Have changed my personal format to fix it but impacts every web page I access.  Can you revisit the netscape fix?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#1]
It actually makes my computer crash when I use Netscape so bad that I have to reset it.  Was working fine last week.  I though HogWild might have gotten to the server.  [;)]
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 1:40:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 6:31:30 PM EDT
[#3]

GB...

As a Netscrape user... and one who detests IE for several reasons...

I must say yer go'n waaay beyond the call of duty to hep folks trying to use that 6.0 crapola...  at least they *have* recourse and that's to go back to a 4.xx version that doesn't suffer from, as you state 'issues'... frankly 6.0 a piece of sheeet... wuz when in beta and still is...

OCTJMO, ICBW...

db
Link Posted: 2/20/2001 10:05:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Goatboy,

I use Netscape Communicator 4.76, heavy encryption, and I am having problems readily accessing AR15.com.  The page goes black for an extremely long time, then, if i'm lucky, the AR15 page I want pops up.  Many times my computer seems to lock up.  But if I wait long enough (maybe 1 min) the page will finally come up.

If i use IE these pages come up quickly.  My computer is a PIII with 128 of memeory, so I know it isn't a hardware problem on my end.
Link Posted: 2/20/2001 10:47:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I am having the same problem as doctorfireant with Netscape 4.76.  It takes a really long time for the home page to come up, just sits there blank and nothing will work.  This does not happen with any other web site, nor does it happen when I use IE5 at work.

CHZ
Link Posted: 2/20/2001 5:15:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 10:43:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Goatboy,

I tried to check to see if I could find out what release "Navigator" was in the Netscape Communicator 4.76 package.  I could not determine, but I just downloaded the 4.76 communicator version this past week.

What I notice taking the longest is the "home page."  Once the home page loads, up to 1 minute, I can link to the discussion forums easily.  In fact movement between forums and topics has seemed to get a ittle quicker the past 48 hours.
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 5:35:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Well...  Netscape 4.76 definately isn't working...  The browser just locks up...

I hate IE, but it is a requirement for some sites...  Guess my Linux box gets a break when I come here  ;)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top