BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 23
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 7:41:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By joker1:

Post a pic when you get a chance. I could use a pick me up.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By joker1:

That is why I started my original thread begging for help for homes for the dogs. I also asked to please not clog the thread with useless worry and telling me what to do with my life. It became so clogged up and exhausted me so much defending my choices that I asked that the thread be deleted. Hopefully if I have the energy later tonight I later tonight I can restart a thread or at least attempt to that least attempt to that just lists my dogs with none of the b******* of other guys telling me what I should do.
View Quote

I was the first post in that thread. I’m sorry if it seemed like I was trying to tell you what to do, I was just concerned for you.  

You are the best of us and I do not want to lose you.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 7:51:02 PM EDT
[#3]
@Joker1

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help, truth be told my little girl is desperate to get a puppers.  I am also part of a signal group of Indiana members of arf, I know that there are several good guys and gals in Southern Indiana.  I'm not sure how far south in KY you are, but I would bet we could get some help your way if needed.  Hell, I would be willing to make a drive, as I have family in Florence.  Let me know if you need it, please.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 7:51:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By RobertL:

You can PayPal $ to Joker at [email protected]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 8:04:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Big dummy. If you want him to ham for the camera, he turns away.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 8:11:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Zorgie got a hold of my PayPall account.  Get well.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 8:13:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Anybody takes a dog east of PA I’ll pick up in Harrisburg and get him/her to  Philly or Stroudsburg.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 8:17:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Getting this chick to stay still tonight, to say nothing of posing, has been a challenge tonight.

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:13:53 PM EDT
[#9]
@joker1 how goes it?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:38:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn it.  This isn't good news at all.

I know you don't want people telling you what to do, but you better take care of yourself.  There are too many dogs out there that need you in their lives.  

I'm about 10 hours away, so I'm struggling with what I can do to help.  I sent some money, but that doesn't help carry dog food in.  
If nobody closer can help, I can always come out and camp for a few days and make sure they all get fed.  My wife already volunteered to take care of our dogs while I'm gone.  

Sabrina says hi.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:40:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Good people doing good things
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:59:54 PM EDT
[#12]
@Joker1 perhaps contact the local FFA/Ag teacher at the high school.   I bet you can get a good solid kid to handle your daily chores for cash/under the table.  And I bet we/arfcom can keep that kid paid as long as you need it.

Just a thought.  When I was a teenager I would have jumped at the chance to be around so many dogs.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:42:30 AM EDT
[#13]
@Joker1, looking forward to a post from you tomorrow so we know you made it through the night. I wish I could help more than just pray.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 1:17:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Prayers out!

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 1:54:19 AM EDT
[#15]
@Joker1, sent you a text, my boy wants Sox if he’s still available.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 1:56:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:09:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By FluffyTheCat:
I'm on the phone with him now.  He is talking intelligibly and he seems ok.

But he's worried about the dogs.  He needs people  to step up and help. He has 22 dogs and they need homes.

He's not going to abandon his post and go to hospital. He cares more about the dogs than he does about himself.

So if you want to help him, adopt a dog. Maybe adopt two.

They're all good dogs. So please get a dog.
View Quote

What state is he in?

I would take one if we can get here
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:19:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Tobysi:
Prayers for joker1, he’s got a huge heart.
View Quote

I do not know the specifics of this thread, but that in bold is good enough for me. Prayers to you all, including Joker, who are helping each other in a time of need.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:25:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lorazepam] [#19]
Originally Posted By HecklerKac:

What state is he in?

I would take one if we can get here
View Quote

He is in N. Kentucky, but we can get pooches to their new homes dang near anywhere.
Edit @HecklerKac
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:17:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Good morning bump!
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:38:07 AM EDT
[#21]
I got a message from Joker1 - he had another issue last night and sounded like he was going to address it and go to the hospital. I left him a message this morning. Waiting to hear back but we may need to care for the dogs.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:04:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: anothermisanthrope] [#22]
A member is generously going to check on the dogs if necessary today while we wait to hear something.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:05:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By anothermisanthrope:
A member is generously going to check on the dogs today while we wait to hear something.
View Quote

Awesome
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:13:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Red-Stater] [#24]
Starting tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon, I am free through the weekend. I am in Kansas, but am willing to drive just about anywhere. If dogs or anything needs shuttled around, someone shoot me a PM. I’d be more than willing to help.

Godspeed, Joker.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:13:51 AM EDT
[#25]
sounded like he was going to address it and go to the hospital.
View Quote

I sure hope so.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:28:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Two of Joker1 's rescues, Lucy and Ethel doing fine and wishing the best for Mark.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:31:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bulldog1967] [#27]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:35:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Joker is on the opposite side of the state; and when he was sick before I had contact info.

I'll search when I can.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:55:30 AM EDT
[#29]
In for donation
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:09:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Standing by as needed.  Can be on station for a few days. Have tent, hammock, and a truck I can sleep in if needed.

Told my wife about the situation, she said we need to send one of our wimmenz in to handle things as dudes are dumbasses.

Whoever is going in first, bring your wimmenz as it would lead to a better run operation and more organized.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Mr Domino showing the new neighbor puppy the good spots to sniff.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 1:09:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Hoping everything's going well for Joker1, He's one of the best of Arfcom.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:17:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Shitty news. Still gathering information and everything is all up in the air.

Joker1 was helicoptered to a metro hospital and it's serious. There is a facebook page for his rescue efforts with this info, and folks on there are discussion helping the dogs. Our local member is reaching out to help co-ordinate, and let them know there's another community willing to help. And to make sure they're not just turned over to animal control.

Should have pictures of each dog in a day or so. Plan is to head down tomorrow most likely. Will update.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:20:12 PM EDT
[#34]

Joker1 was helicoptered to a metro hospital and it's serious. There is a facebook page for his rescue efforts with this info, and folks on there are discussion helping the dogs. Our local member is reaching out to help co-ordinate, and let them know there's another community willing to help. And to make sure they're not just turned over to animal control.

Should have pictures of each dog in a day or so. Plan is to head down tomorrow most likely. Will update.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:26:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lorazepam] [#35]

View Quote

@anothermisanthrope I can head that way, and can spend as much time as needed to care for the dogs and assist any way I can. Let me know what you need.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:27:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Count me in for 1 dog.  I'm in MA but willing to drive to pick up and can help transport 1 or 2 more.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:34:26 PM EDT
[#37]
I don't know any of the specifics so I'm just asking...why does he have 22 dogs?

Don't take the question the wrong way, seems like so many vouch for him, was just curious...

Is his issue heart related?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:35:49 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

@anothermisanthrope can we get a link to the Facebook page?

I reached out to a large regional rescue (with Joker1's blessing) to see if they could help with the bulk of the dogs.  The more information I can get to them the better.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:38:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

Well Fuck.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:39:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By jalcon9:
I don't know any of the specifics so I'm just asking...why does he have 22 dogs?

Don't take the question the wrong way, seems like so many vouch for him, was just curious...

View Quote

Stop cluttering up this thread with stupid questions.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:40:29 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

He's doing God's work on this planet for dogs.  He rescues good dogs that are set to be put down, brings them home, vets them, and helps find them new homes.  The dogs are his life.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:41:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jalcon9] [#43]
Originally Posted By FluffyTheCat:

Stop cluttering up this thread with stupid questions.
View Quote

Well that response is certainly one way to ensure people that are unaware don't add to the cause... How is it a stupid question? If anything, maybe others are willing to help but thinking the same question.

Instead of giving a stupid answer, maybe give an actual answer and you'll end up doing good for joker in the end. Got that?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:41:50 PM EDT
[#44]
I’m in the Louisville area and can help with transport. If someone needs me to do a leg I’d be happy to.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:42:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By chriscamilo:
Count me in for 1 dog.  I'm in MA but willing to drive to pick up and can help transport 1 or 2 more.
View Quote
@chriscamilo -IM me when you get a chance.

Waiting for details and pics of dogs
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:42:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By explodingvarmints:

He's doing God's work on this planet for dogs.  He rescues good dogs that are set to be put down, brings them home, vets them, and helps find them new homes.  The dogs are his life.
View Quote

Oh ok. Wow. Pretty damn selfless. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:42:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Prayer sent up for Mark and healing to get started
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:42:47 PM EDT
[#48]

Thank you
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:42:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mattellis2] [#49]

View Quote

he runs a rescue out of his house.  he has helped save/place lots of good dogs at his own expense.

beaten.

Fluffy, I don't think it was a stupid question at all. Its impossible to keep up with everything/everyone on arf.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:44:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Prayer sent.
Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top