Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2002 8:46:01 PM EDT
Goatboy  -  please take a look at this thread, which Ed Sr. started in order to faciliate discussion about the locking of the Rhyming Word thread and the Word Association thread.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=115463[/url]

A number of us have chimed in.  Personally, I'm only interested in the Word Association.

Many of us are looking for a way to get this very humorous thing rolling again in some fashion.  

We don't really know how much it ties up in the way of your resources, or exactly which ones.

So we're guessing at ideas to make it work without messing up the board, if it's doing that.

Some of us get a kick out of seeing the reply count and page & view counts climb, but the oldest replies don't seem to be that useful to anyone.

It would be nice if there was a way to keep the numbers climbing while we had fun, but without wasting a ton of resources, if that's the case.

If you need to cut down the number of replies that are archived or indexed, I think an automatic or periodic purge of anything posted over a week prior would be something we would be happy to live with.

What if we started a new thread each week or two -- with the first post being just the link to the previous list, and of course the next word.  
In the previous list, the link to the 2nd previous list could then be edited out and the actual 2nd previous thread could be deleted.

I don't know how or if cumulative page, post, and view counts could be done autmatically if the old stuff is deleted.  

Anyone who starts a thread can delete the whole thing, right?

What do you think?

PRK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top