Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2023 7:15:55 PM EDT
At 11 years old, Jay from the United Kingdom was just like many boys of his age. He loved playing football with his friends, had a passion for boxing and spent hours trying to get to the next level of the latest computer game. In short, he was a normal boy on the verge of becoming a teenager, fit and healthy and doing well at school. The idea that he might get seriously ill was the very last thing on his, or his parents', mind.

His mother, Neera, a general practitioner (GP), explains how his severe illness following a COVID-19 infection was a shock to them all. "During the worst of the pandemic, we had moved house to accommodate my elderly mother who was struggling being on her own at such a difficult time. We'd deliberately chosen a house that was easy to get around in case she needed to use a walking frame or wheelchair   not realizing, of course, that it would be Jay who would need to be using such things."

Initial COVID-19 infection and subsequent aftereffects

Following a period of having a sore throat, runny nose and slight fever, Jay tested positive for COVID-19 on 11 January 2022. “When I first got COVID, it wasn’t that bad,” Jay tells us. “I felt a bit ill and was sleeping more than usual, but then things got a lot worse.”

By February 2022 he had developed bad stomach pains, which his mother, as a doctor, could not understand. Jay’s parents took him to the accident and emergency department of the local hospital, in the Croydon area in south London, but despite numerous blood tests and investigations, the doctors were unable to find a cause. The recurring pains meant that Jay had to be sent home from school on several occasions.

Not long afterwards, he began to develop a range of other debilitating and seemingly random symptoms, including dizziness, chest pains, night sweats, a face rash, peeling fingers, fatigue and diarrhoea.

moar
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 7:40:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I see they didn’t mention whether he got the shot…which means he did. Long covid, lol.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 7:42:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mooseless:
I see they didn’t mention whether he got the shot…which means he did. Long covid, lol.
View Quote

His mother, Neera, a general practitioner (GP),

Guaranteed
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 7:44:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 7:46:34 PM EDT
[#4]
This part of the article seems odd. You think if this were true you wouldn't have to find out about it via a random article about a poor kid in the UK

Of those infected by SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, 1 in 10 will go on to develop long COVID, defined as the continuation or development of new symptoms 3 months after the initial infection, with these symptoms lasting for at least 2 months with no other explanation

I also wonder if this laying the ground work for the next large scale disability racket. Just find a doctor to diagnose you with lack of energy and you're getting a monthly check indefinitely
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 8:09:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Commando_Guy] [#5]
Had it back in July. Since then, my stamina has fallen through the floor. I can walk a long way without issue, but trying to go faster leaves me gasping and my legs shaking, as well as my heart racing.
5'10" 175 pounds. A little overweight but not full on fatbody.
ETA: NOT vaccinated

Nick
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 9:53:07 PM EDT
[#6]
The more I hear, the more relieved I am that I never gave in and got the shot.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Commando_Guy:
Had it back in July. Since then, my stamina has fallen through the floor. I can walk a long way without issue, but trying to go faster leaves me gasping and my legs shaking, as well as my heart racing.

Nick
View Quote

Have you been tested for other things? I had very similar symptoms when I had lyme  disease.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Spleenless-Dave:
View Quote

There are many here that berated and ridiculed those that chose not to get this “vaccine”; many making that decision under duress. Some were “proud” to announce that their children were “vaxxed” and/or boosted.

They were full of pride, and full of something else. The push behind it didn’t make sense did it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 12:48:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By zeekh:

Have you been tested for other things? I had very similar symptoms when I had lyme  disease.
View Quote

Dr Bruce Patterson is finding that it's very similar to Lyme disease in some cases. The body never fully flushes the virus particles out on it's own.
https://twitter.com/brucep13
https://incelldx.com/
https://www.covidlonghaulers.com/north-america/home
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 12:57:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
At 11 years old, Jay from the United Kingdom was just like many boys of his age. He loved playing football with his friends, had a passion for boxing and spent hours trying to get to the next level of the latest computer game. In short, he was a normal boy on the verge of becoming a teenager, fit and healthy and doing well at school. The idea that he might get seriously ill was the very last thing on his, or his parents', mind.

His mother, Neera, a general practitioner (GP), explains how his severe illness following a COVID-19 infection was a shock to them all. "During the worst of the pandemic, we had moved house to accommodate my elderly mother who was struggling being on her own at such a difficult time. We'd deliberately chosen a house that was easy to get around in case she needed to use a walking frame or wheelchair   not realizing, of course, that it would be Jay who would need to be using such things."

Following a period of having a sore throat, runny nose and slight fever, Jay tested positive for COVID-19 on 11 January 2022. “When I first got COVID, it wasn’t that bad,” Jay tells us. “I felt a bit ill and was sleeping more than usual, but then things got a lot worse.”

By February 2022 he had developed bad stomach pains, which his mother, as a doctor, could not understand. Jay’s parents took him to the accident and emergency department of the local hospital, in the Croydon area in south London, but despite numerous blood tests and investigations, the doctors were unable to find a cause. The recurring pains meant that Jay had to be sent home from school on several occasions.

Not long afterwards, he began to develop a range of other debilitating and seemingly random symptoms, including dizziness, chest pains, night sweats, a face rash, peeling fingers, fatigue and diarrhoea.

moar
View Quote

Munchausen syndrome by proxy?
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Spleenless-Dave:
View Quote

Yup.  And the angrier I get at the coercion imposed through employment, school, governments, the average masked useful idiot on the street, etc.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 7:56:36 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Nick

Haven't been to a doctor for anything for years.

Nick
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:22:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By migrapilot:

There are many here that berated and ridiculed those that chose not to get this “vaccine”; many making that decision under duress. Some were “proud” to announce that their children were “vaxxed” and/or boosted.

They were full of pride, and full of something else. The push behind it didn’t make sense did it.
View Quote

People on here sometimes had me questioning whether to get the shot. What really pissed me off were people in real life treat me like Typhoid Mary for not getting it. Glad I didn't.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:23:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Nick
View All Quotes

Nick

Nick

Might be a good time to make an appointment. What could it hurt?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 11:06:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By QCMGR:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By QCMGR:
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:

moar

That mental illness is some fucked up shit, strikes close to home as I have a family member in prison for this.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 5:44:55 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

<----Didn't get the shot (did take monoclonal antibody infusion FWIW)
<---long covid sufferer since September 2021.

It isn't just people who took the vax.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#17]
While I believe that covid can damage the body, it's easily treated with ivermectin or hydroxchloroquine if applied early.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 1:44:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By phatmax:

Guaranteed
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By phatmax:

Guaranteed

Just my opinion but proof of a spiritual darkness behind this is the total unwillingness of educated people to even look at the data right in front of them.
Question is what happens when they can't turn a blind eye to deaths stacking up?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By T1NMAN:

Just my opinion but proof of a spiritual darkness behind this is the total unwillingness of educated people to even look at the data right in front of them.
Question is what happens when they can't turn a blind eye to deaths stacking up?
View Quote

It is a religious faith. Satanic, but the same core behaviors.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:21:56 PM EDT
[#20]
I know a large number of non vaxed people (100+).  None of them have long COVID. Children of all ages plus their parents.

I know it’s not proof but if 1 in 10 supposedly get LC then it seems certain there would be someone.

Vaxed people? Yeah I know a couple who claim they have LC.   Easy for me to draw a conclusion.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:07:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By tamu94:
I know a large number of non vaxed people (100+).  None of them have long COVID. Children of all ages plus their parents.

I know it's not proof but if 1 in 10 supposedly get LC then it seems certain there would be someone.

Vaxed people? Yeah I know a couple who claim they have LC.   Easy for me to draw a conclusion.
View Quote
Let me reiterate. I'm NOT vaxxed. I don't know if I have 'Long Covid', but I do seem to have some long term effects since I came down with it. Proof of nothing, of course.

Nick
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top