User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 12:26:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm looking at building a Voron 2.4 as my next printer.

Going to be a 350mm bed. I'd love to print insanely fast with ABS.

I also want to see how fast you could 3D print a Glock frame.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I own a print farm, we have 50 MK3S(+)'s, and 15 Prusa Minis currently.   We operate them 23 hours a day, 7 days a week, private contracts with a number of aerospace companies and a car manufacturer.

Looking to replace them with Ratrig Vcore3's in the 400x400  range and probably a bunch of the (Not yet released) minions.

The print farm parts requirements caused us to open up an online reseller shop as well, and that appears to be doing much better than the clearance area I expected it to be, we are averaging 400 sales a day of parts.

On our rat-rig 400x400, I am printing a Glock 19 frame at 11 hours 25 minutes (Bobthebuilder design).  0.20, 85%infill, 50 walls.   Just got my macdaddy upper, so am going to see what I can do with that.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

On our rat-rig 400x400, I am printing a Glock 19 frame at 11 hours 25 minutes (Bobthebuilder design).  0.20, 85%infill, 50 walls.   Just got my macdaddy upper, so am going to see what I can do with that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I own a print farm, we have 50 MK3S(+)'s, and 15 Prusa Minis currently.   We operate them 23 hours a day, 7 days a week, private contracts with a number of aerospace companies and a car manufacturer.

Looking to replace them with Ratrig Vcore3's in the 400x400  range and probably a bunch of the (Not yet released) minions.

The print farm parts requirements caused us to open up an online reseller shop as well, and that appears to be doing much better than the clearance area I expected it to be, we are averaging 400 sales a day of parts.

My Ender3Pro printed a DD19.2 in 12h16m... 0.16mm layers.  Surprised you're not pushing the Voron faster.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

My Ender3Pro printed a DD19.2 in 12h16m... 0.16mm layers.  Surprised you're not pushing the Voron faster.
View Quote

I know.  I am going slooooow.   I hear people getting 7 hour prints with the same setup that we have.   I'll start pushing it once I figure out the specs I need for a better faster print.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 12:39:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Have only owned a printer for around 6 months. Didn’t know a lick about CAD either.

Whole reason I bought a printer is because I didn’t want to pay for a design on Etsy for my table saw. Dude was asking stupid money for it. Refused to share the file. In spite of admitting the design wasn’t even his own. #rantover

So I bought an AnyCubic Vyper and started teaching myself CAD. Wasn’t long before I’d designed a similar part (built entirely from the ground up). Since then have about 5 other designs.

Just out of spite, I make all the files available for free. But have still sold some to guys who don’t have access to a printer. Also undercutting the Etsy guy on price. Have made a little cash printing a stuff here and there.

Best part is I’ve had customers who’d purchased the other guy’s versions. But were unhappy, bought mine to compare, and have said mine are significantly better. Both in overall quality and performance.

I have one design in the final stages of development that’s got folks really excited. But it's a pretty intensive print. So doing any sort of volume would be tough. Like the others, I'll just make it available for anyone that wants it and maybe print a few here and there.

ETA: Purely freelance side gig for me. I turn a nice little profit. But it’s more rewarding to be able to help fellow saw owners out.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 10:10:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Have only owned a printer for around 6 months. Didn’t know a lick about CAD either.

Whole reason I bought a printer is because I didn’t want to pay for a design on Etsy for my table saw. Dude was asking stupid money for it. Refused to share the file. In spite of admitting the design wasn’t even his own. #rantover

So I bought an AnyCubic Vyper and started teaching myself CAD. Wasn’t long before I’d designed a similar part (built entirely from the ground up). Since then have about 5 other designs.

Just out of spite, I make all the files available for free. But have still sold some to guys who don’t have access to a printer. Also undercutting the Etsy guy on price. Have made a little cash printing a stuff here and there.

Best part is I’ve had customers who’d purchased the other guy’s versions. But were unhappy, bought mine to compare, and have said mine are significantly better. Both in overall quality and performance.

I have one design in the final stages of development that’s got folks really excited. But it's a pretty intensive print. So doing any sort of volume would be tough. Like the others, I'll just make it available for anyone that wants it and maybe print a few here and there.

ETA: Purely freelance side gig for me. I turn a nice little profit. But it’s more rewarding to be able to help fellow saw owners out.
View Quote

Excellent!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top