Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

What did you print today? (Page 57 of 90)
Page / 90
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 2:10:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheRX7Project] [#1]
Another Benchy to test out that IIIDMAX PLA+ that I ordered. It actually came out really nice- at least as good if not better than the one I printed from my eSun PLA+.

So now I just hit the print button on another G26 frame, this one in fuschia with Live, Laugh, Love embossed on the side, for my wife.

Also, fired up the resin printer to print out some stuff for a desk vise. Nothing strong or anything which is why I just used the resin printer.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 9:02:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Emt1581:

Impressive!  I'm curious to know what machining/fabrication was required beyond the printer?  Given how simple the Glocks and AR's are by comparison, not sure why future models couldn't be simplified to avoid the need to custom machine anything out of metal.  Then again, Glocks and AR's are established designs with massive aftermarket supports.  

Thanks for sharing!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Emt1581:
Originally Posted By AFCarbon15:
Only about 2 years late to the FGC9 party

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/89127/Resized_20221103_193425_jpeg-2601048.JPG

Impressive!  I'm curious to know what machining/fabrication was required beyond the printer?  Given how simple the Glocks and AR's are by comparison, not sure why future models couldn't be simplified to avoid the need to custom machine anything out of metal.  Then again, Glocks and AR's are established designs with massive aftermarket supports.  

Thanks for sharing!

There are several companies selling all the "hard" parts already complete.  But they're kinda pricey for what they are.  They aren't hard to "machine" and they don't need to be very precise.  But I like machining and welding so maybe my view is a little skewed.  

The whole concept and design of the FGC9 is to make a functional sub gun from non gun parts.   Using an AR FCG makes the build a lot easier.  I made my own barrels, but those too can be bought.  There are plans and stl's available for builds with RP9 and glock barrels.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 2:02:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By TheRX7Project:
Another Benchy to test out that IIIDMAX PLA+ that I ordered. It actually came out really nice- at least as good if not better than the one I printed from my eSun PLA+.

So now I just hit the print button on another G26 frame, this one in fuschia with Live, Laugh, Love embossed on the side, for my wife.

Also, fired up the resin printer to print out some stuff for a desk vise. Nothing strong or anything which is why I just used the resin printer.
View Quote

I had a good experience with IIIDMAX PLA+ as well. Then I got 6 rolls out of a batch that had huge variances in the diameter. Like going from 1.84mm to 1.6mm. I thought I had Z banding issues, but nope was the filament varying in diameter affecting flow rates.

They did refund me for those 6 rolls, so at least they stand by their product.

I think their PLA+ is more brittle than ESUN PLA+, but it did look good when it printed.

For just $2 more a roll you can buy Jayo PLA+ (Sunlu).
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 8:40:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By memsu:

I had a good experience with IIIDMAX PLA+ as well. Then I got 6 rolls out of a batch that had huge variances in the diameter. Like going from 1.84mm to 1.6mm. I thought I had Z banding issues, but nope was the filament varying in diameter affecting flow rates.

I think their PLA+ is more brittle than ESUN PLA+, but it did look good when it printed.

View All Quotes

That's good to know

I hope my batch doesn't have any hidden issues mid-roll, I'm currently about 29 hours deep in printing an NT-79 receiver
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:27:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#5]
28 hours later the top part of my cab is done, turned out great

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 10:52:54 AM EDT
[#6]

You need a bigger nozzle. I'd have that baby cranked out in 5 hours.

Link Posted: 11/19/2022 10:53:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Y Axis finished. I know, it's not a print, but it's print related I guess. Other printer is still going brr with boring stuff.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 11:18:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

You need a bigger nozzle. I'd have that baby cranked out in 5 hours.

View Quote

Okay, I'm listening......you seem to be guru and it shows
Attachment Attached File

Everything is stock settings ,using cura.

I would love to print faster.....I don't like to mess with stuff if I don't understand it and the out come.

Oh and 17 hrs later I have cab floor done
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 11:45:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#9]
Originally Posted By bansil:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/B926BC70-2451-4EC1-A889-3A3C070B9F9D-404.gif

I would love to print faster.....I don't like to mess with stuff if I don't understand it and the out come.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/388306/20221119_095856_jpg-2605870.JPG
View Quote

You would need to look into max volumetric flow rate of your hot end, but my Prusa can do 25+ mm^3 of filament per second.

That allows me to print this 250g wrench in 5 hours. I actually got it down to four hours but surface quality suffered so I backed it out some.

That's a roll of filament every 20 hours. I burn through 1kg/day average.

Attachment Attached File

So look at max flow rates, speeds, and nozzle sizes. I print almost everything at 0.6mm these days. The resolution is 90% as good as a 0.4mm while printing at LEAST twice as fast, usually more.

To play with it set your slicer to a 0.6 nozzle, and play with layer heights. Layer heights grow as nozzle size grows which helps make it even faster.

Just something to consider. Most people I know that convert and try a 0.6mm never bother going back unless you have ULTRA detailed parts. Some go further and go with a 0.8mm nozzle but I feel like you start to give up significant detail at that point.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 1:05:15 PM EDT
[#10]

You would need to look into max volumetric flow rate of your hot end, but my Prusa can do 25+ mm^3 of filament per second.

That allows me to print this 250g wrench in 5 hours. I actually got it down to four hours but surface quality suffered so I backed it out some.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/20221119_104039_jpg-2605888.JPG

So look at max flow rates, speeds, and nozzle sizes. I print almost everything at 0.6mm these days. The resolution is 90% as good as a 0.4mm while printing at LEAST twice as fast, usually more.

To play with it set your slicer to a 0.6 nozzle, and play with layer heights. Layer heights grow as nozzle size grows which helps make it even faster.

Just something to consider. Most people I know that convert and try a 0.6mm never bother going back unless you have ULTRA detailed parts. Some go further and go with a 0.8mm nozzle but I feel like you start to give up significant detail at that point.
View Quote
How do the larger nozzle prints compare strength wise?
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 2:02:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#11]
How do the larger nozzle prints compare strength wise?
View Quote

Larger extrusions yield stronger prints, all else equal
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 2:42:50 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

I just started using a 0.6. Absolutely love it so far.
My prints still look great and I think that they are stronger.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 2:44:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rat_Patrol] [#13]
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 3:03:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Breaking for lunch. The trapezoid nuts on the X axis took me forever. They have two nuts that sit in blind pockets and one cross threaded.

Then neighbor called and asked me to help him move his washer and dryer so that took an hour.

Almost done with the extruder. Doing it right and starting off with a Mosquito.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone willing to share a PRS-style tac table (for a tripod) file? I have no CAD experience (I know I should learn sometime) and want to try printing one!
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Woo.

Initial calibrations in process.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:15:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Woo.

Initial calibrations in process.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/20221119_175604_jpg-2606584.JPG
View Quote

Nice.  

I'm printing this: MUCH Improved Spool Winder - Helical Gears

I've had some spaghetti prints when the spool tangled itself (Proto Pasta 50g samples), and some of the PETG I dried in the oven sticks to itself enough to cause issues.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 9:11:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Roland-G23:

Nice.  

I'm printing this: MUCH Improved Spool Winder - Helical Gears

I've had some spaghetti prints when the spool tangled itself (Proto Pasta 50g samples), and some of the PETG I dried in the oven sticks to itself enough to cause issues.
View Quote

Thanks!

This new one ABLs about three times faster than my first one. Looks like I have a firmware update to install on the old one.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:53:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Been learning fusion360 and printed these, 1 is radiator protection from water, bullets and/or dinosaur bits and pcs, the other is for back cab ventilation
Attachment Attached File

Grill looks like this
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 9:30:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#20]
Printed a passthrough for power cables on the new enclosure.

Finished.

Attachment Attached File

Turns out, my spool holders are too efficient.

The spools aren't perfectly balanced and they unwind themselves as the heavy portion passes TDC.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 9:47:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Pretty sure here in arfcourt magnets are the answer or was that tannerite

They look sexy...no homo

So the colored "upgrades" are they actually stiffeners and such? Seems like  lot of work? Is this hobby level upgrades or 24/7 life savers?
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 9:52:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Printed a passthrough for power cables on the new enclosure.

Finished.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/20221121_202746_jpg-2609453.JPG

Turns out, my spool holders are too efficient.

The spools aren't perfectly balanced and they unwind themselves as the heavy portion passes TDC.
View Quote

We should start a pool to see how long it takes those 2 to become 4.

Jealous, that's probably the worst thing about this hobby, is the waiting. More printers, less waiting. Kind of like collecting tax stamps.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 9:57:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Spool rewinder I printed this weekend. Got a fair amount untangled from the Atomic Red PETG, but the filament broke 2x. Prusament Army Green PLA and Prusa Galaxy Silver PLA.

Link Posted: 11/21/2022 10:32:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#24]

They look sexy...no homo

So the colored "upgrades" are they actually stiffeners and such? Seems like  lot of work? Is this hobby level upgrades or 24/7 life savers?
View Quote

You talking about the green parts vs orange? Or something else? The green parts are a bit stiffer than stock but only because I print everything overkill. It doesn't do anything for the MK3S+. It's stiff enough for what I do regardless.

Link Posted: 11/21/2022 10:36:22 PM EDT
[#25]

We should start a pool to see how long it takes those 2 to become 4.

Jealous, that's probably the worst thing about this hobby, is the waiting. More printers, less waiting. Kind of like collecting tax stamps.
View Quote

The third Prusa (XL) has been on order for quite some time. I'll make that one Yellow. I'll probably need to use an IKEA coffee table for the enclosure.

I also have an Ender 3 Pro which I need to unload. It's in pieces right now. Might start a thread for a price check. I have no idea what used printer stuff sells for.

Link Posted: 11/21/2022 11:11:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Ok ,cool just purty stuff....I remember back 2012 we had to print 6 months of stuff before we could use them
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 11:17:27 PM EDT
[#27]

They look sexy...no homo

View Quote

Did you not notice what his username is?
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 5:16:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:40:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 11:10:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By itchytrigger:
https://i.postimg.cc/tCPcNM7v/kd1.jpg
View Quote

That's awesome.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 1:37:51 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

STL?
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 2:18:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Popov] [#32]
View Quote
I need a fucking Killdozer in my life
Tread on those who tread on you

Link Posted: 11/22/2022 3:36:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Still printing away at my NT79. Discovered that my receiver did not print correctly- I tried a different orientation as I mentioned in the thread- so I'll be reprinting, in the normal orientation, next. So far the fore and aft barrel sleeves, internal parts and external bits are done. Center barrel sleeve printing now. Then another receiver, then the stock.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 8:59:11 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/22/2022 9:02:58 PM EDT
[#36]

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4851061
View All Quotes

STL?

I work for a CAT dealer, makes me wish he had used a CAT. Might still print and talk our parts counter into displaying it somewhere.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 8:40:29 AM EDT
[#37]
did a few 1:14 bed accessories, trying to get an idea on layout while waiting for new nozzles, not cleaned up, straight off beds

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 8:29:07 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Thanks!

Just got done slicing all the bits, with a .6 nozzle and .3 layer height, looks like 11.5 hours of print time at full size. I think I have some yellow PLA, definitely have black and gray.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

I print with a 0.6mm nozzle for most things now.

0.4mm nozzle is for the 2A prints.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:17:51 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

How is .6mm for things like articulated toys?
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:19:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By davewvu86:

View All Quotes

Never printed those, I'd say it could be done, just have to do a trial.

You can print them in 1/2 the time vs 0.4mm nozzle.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:59:38 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

I got some Inland Bone White to do a dragon skeleton for my niece for Christmas, I'll let you know.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#43]

I got some Inland Bone White to do a dragon skeleton for my niece for Christmas, I'll let you know.
View Quote

please do, I havent had time to mess with it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 7:58:26 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

please do, I havent had time to mess with it.
View Quote

Do you mean the "Flexi" articulated animals or something else? I've made a few dozen of those. Works fine.

I also have this neat articulated snake that has a Lego back. That works great too.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 9:58:19 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

STL?

I'm printing the last part for one at 75% scale for my desk at work.

Those supports tho
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 1:05:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Attachment Attached File
Almost done..

Link Posted: 11/26/2022 1:13:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Working on accessories...a crate to deliver a dinosaur

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 4:35:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Finishing up another NT79 receiver.
I noticed it lifted a little on the stock end, I'm hoping it isn't bad. The room I'm printing in is cold and I'm pretty sure it is causing the lifting on long prints. I was able to print all the barrel parts no problem but I think there is just too much cooling time between layers on the receiver.
I do have an enclosure en route, and this print doesn't appear to be *too* bad, I'm hoping it is useable, otherwise I'll have to print a 3rd one. First one, I tried a different orientation which failed and was too far out of spec.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 9:06:21 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Is this from our Teutonic slingshot enthusiast? Have any more info to share? Looks great!
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 3:40:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheRX7Project] [#50]
3x glock mag followers and the base plate keeper thingies, and now I'm printing some heart design thing for my wife.

My enclosure should be here tomorrow, then I'm going to print a pistol stand as a test and probably another attempt at the NT79 receiver. This last one I made isn't bad but it warped/lifted a little because this room is cold, so I'm afraid the holes won't line up right.
Page / 90
What did you print today? (Page 57 of 90)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top