User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 6:16:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Does the control panel and rotary switch on your Farmall look like this?

https://thumbor-production-auction.hemmings.com/830x0/11470/IMG_2557.jpeg
View Quote

Exactly. Mine is a 140 so the knob is slightly different but the switch below it and everything else is same.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Exactly. Mine is a 140 so the knob is slightly different but the switch below it and everything else is same.
View Quote

Gotcha.  When you described the control for the headlights, I knew exactly what you meant.  For somebody unfamiliar withe the controls and
starting sequence, trying the light control knob would be natural, but unless they're savvy enough about old tractors to see that there's no starter solenoid, they won't have much success.

I'll bet somebody was doing just that, trying to start your tractor, for some reason.  Cameras in that building and area would be a great idea.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you think someone installed game cameras on your property to capture what you and your son look like, night vision equipment at night will locate those cameras. Even some digital cameras will pick up IR light. You will see the IR light coming from the camera; find it and take it.

One explanation is that some asshat is dressing like you and your son so they can hunt on your neighbor’s land and blame it on you IF they get caught on someone’s game camera. The individual might have known there are cameras back there, but not know the property lines of you and your neighbor, so perhaps they thought they would purposely show themselves on your camera, thinking it was your neighbor’s camera (on his land?) and you would get the blame for trespassing? This does mean that the individual(s) would have had to physically observe you and your son at some point prior in order to replicate your clothing.

And you are 100% certain you didn't get caught on your own game camera? I know you said you showed the video to your neighbor, did he say the individuals on the camera looked like, or didn't look like you and your son? Can he discern if the individuals are actually you or not? I know you said it can't be you on the camera because of you checked it against your calendar at work, but as others have mentioned, what if the time stamp is off? I know you mentioned that you never come from that direction, but perhaps you did that day and forgot?

You said, “One the real tree jacket has an outer breast pocket on one side and a real tree logo on the other side”. Are you saying that your jacket has those characteristics and the individual’s jacket did not? Or vice versa? The cellophane hanging from the pocket could support the "meth head" theory, that cellophane could be the outer wrap from a cigarette pack.

I have a lot of experience in focused areas of human psychology, and I’m wondering if you are heavily biased in your thinking regarding this incident, based on your initial assessment that this was not you and your child on the camera. Biased in such a way that your initial thoughts that this is NOT you and your child are influencing your analysis to such a degree that you are predisposed to discount evidence that points to this being you and your son on the camera. How close did the individuals pass in front of the camera? 10 feet, 50 feet, more? Do they look directly at the camera for any length of time? At what angle did they pass in front of the camera? If the camera has a heading of 360 for example, did they pass at a heading of 330 or 60, was the angle more exaggerated than that?

I’m just looking to see if there is any reasonable chance that this is you and your son on the camera. Have you let any of your relatives look at the footage? Can they unequivocally say this IS or IS NOT you and your son? Let a 3rd party who knows you (and your son) very well, and sees you with regularity, look at the footage and see what they say. Do not tell them the reason you are asking them to look the video.  Set it up as some trail cam footage of a deer you want them to see and let the suspect part of the cam footage play by and see if they voluntarily say something about the individuals on the screen.

You mentioned shapeshifter. Look at the HBO series of Stephen Kings novel, The Outsider. Oh, be prepared to be freaked the fuck out, especially with what you are dealing with right now

Let us know what comes of this, this is some interesting shit for sure.
View Quote

Long post so it too me a bit to read it and reply.

There is not a reasonable chance in my mind that it's me and my son. And here is why:
1. I know where I've been. And I just wasnt there. There is a date and time stamp on the vide and I was at work when the video was taken.
2. I do not approach my camera from that direction as it is my neighbors property.
3. The individuals pass within 5ft of the camera. Because the camera was setup to capture deer at 5ft distance the adults head and face are out of frame. What is perfectly in frame are the gloves. They are very similar to mine but with distinct differences.
4. The boys face is well in frame at 5ft. While the quality isnt great there is a still frame with a reasonably good profile shot. I can recognize my child and that isnt him.

Now if I put 100 objective 3rd parties in a room with all of my evidence. Showed them my son, the video, and our clothing most would probably think I was nuts and say it was me and my son no debate. The quality isnt good enough for any good facial recognition. So your points aren't lost on me. But I do know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it's not me.

The cellophane isnt a cigarette pack. Picture a piece of kitchen plastic wrap about 8" long twisted long ways and sticking up out of the pocket, enough to almost droop over a little and move in the wind.

No visible firearms for hunting purposes. If he had a gun it was CC.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 9:21:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Went up last night to pull trail cam cards. The one camera that I didnt move was the original camera that took the video.

It was torn off the tree, the latch for the switch and card cover is broken off. And I can see what looks like bite marks. The strap never came completely lose so the camera was at the base of the tree. Camera was switched off. I was so excited to see what was on the camera that I didnt check any of the others.

Unfortunately whatever did it bit the latch off and managed to bump the switch off while it was taking the video so the last picture was just a corrupted video file.

Good thing I'm not letting my imagination get the better of me. 99% sure this is the work of a black bear. They are well known trail cam eaters.

237 videos on the camera over the last 2 months. 2 dogs, 1 coyote, 1 moth, and the rest were deer. 1 pretty cool video of a deer walking by on its hind legs like a human. I'm sure some people would think it's weird but I've seen deer walk quite a ways and even run a ways on their hind legs when fighting. Doe with her ears folded back so I'm sure there was another doe she didnt like off camera that she was going to put the hooves to.

There is another camera on this game trail about 100yds away. I'll check that one tonight and see if it caught the bear. And hopefully it's not destroyed.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 12:25:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Tag to follow this…

My money is too much whiskey or a dear and old friend that thinks you need an attitude adjustment
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 6:17:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'd have to see the vid.

Put more cams up.
Hire a Crack team of arfcomrs to do a 3 day recon of the area.....
View Quote

I'm in, but I gotta warn you, if I hear a cricket I'm shooting it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top