BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have never seen anything I would consider a ghost but I have “felt” things at a few scenes. I was a death investigator, homicide detective, etc. Joe Friday, just the facts type, agnostic in terms of religion and not prone to believe anything without evidence.

Having seen death by natural cause, accident, suicide, murder and combinations thereof I was pretty numb to it but there were occasions when the, for lack of a better term, horror or evil was palpable in the air.

After a particularly brutal murder/suicide I had some of the victim’s personal effects in my office.
iPhone, iPad, wallet, journal, things I was going to look through. It was a holiday weekend and if I dropped them in property room I would not have access until Tuesday.

I came in the next day and things had been moved around on my bookcases things like framed patches, business card holder, etc. Thought that was weird so I checked air vents and other possible causes with no explanation.
This happened three times over the weekend and honestly started to creep me out. All my coworkers lived to far away to drive in just to mess with me.

My partner was deeply religious (I retired in 2018) and had been at the scene with me, she acted strange and said she felt something in the office.
She and her pastor did something in my office and declared it clean. It was very strange. Never happened again.

All the ghosts are in my head now but I don’t think about them unless prompted.

So, that’s my spooky story.
View Quote
Thanks for posting your story.  To me, it is clear that we are not simply organisms that are born, live, and die.  As such, I firmly believe we are eternal beings.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 6:49:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That depends.

Do you see them?
View Quote
Nope.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Nope.
View Quote
Well, if it were me, I would wait and see if he tells you anything. If you make it clear you dont see things, your children likely wont bring it up (unless it's something bad that scares them)
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 6:25:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Imagine the corner of a room. If you were to place a couch to where each end touches a wall, it would create a "triangle" of empty space behind it.

I was told that was bad. She says that can create a doorway or hiding place.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Furniture that creates a gap? You're going to have to explain that one.

Imagine the corner of a room. If you were to place a couch to where each end touches a wall, it would create a "triangle" of empty space behind it.

I was told that was bad. She says that can create a doorway or hiding place.
Remind me to touch on this later.  @hoboninja
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 4:52:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By fivepointoh:
Remind me to touch on this later.  @hoboninja
View Quote

You've piqued my curiosity

@fivepointoh

Link Posted: 5/2/2020 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#6]
were you dead the whole time?
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 9:58:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You've piqued my curiosity

@fivepointoh

View Quote
@fmj_shooter

I've always had strange "happenings" around me starting back about 15 years ago, I'm 35 now.  But that post he posted about the cornered in spaces....

My wife and I had just moved into a "new to us" house around 2013.  We had a couch and love seat with an open corner.  Behind the love seat is a big picture window, the corner has has an older slim window on each wall.  No end table was there at the time b/c we hadn't finished moving.  My wife was sitting in the love seat next to the corner, I in the couch next to the corner.  I have a 75% hearing loss in my right ear, and clear as day we both heard at the same time a frail female voice say "hello".  It was literally right next to both of us in that corner.  Other happenings in the house, the stove range hood light and fan turn off and on, installed it brand new when we moved in, checked the wiring a thousand times.  Also faint voices and music on some nights.  When my wife was pregnant with our youngest, our oldest had the classic habit of sneaking into our room and scaring the eff out of us.  One night, my wife felt something touch her on her breast, woke up, and thought it was our son but she could only make out a small shadow in the shape of a young boy.  She said *fivepointoh's son* what are you doing? And it disappeared.  She woke me up crying.  Good stuff.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:41:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By motoguy:

Same.  I am simultaneously rediculously intrigued by ghosts, and also scared shitless of seeing one.
View Quote

Me too.

As a slight hijack, I was present and witness to a traumatic event with many, many deaths.  I saw (and heard) a multitude of flying figures circling overhead like hawks, snatching up the souls as the people died.  

At no other time in my life have a seen anything similar. I am not a sensitive to the best of my knowledge.  Or maybe I am?
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:33:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By widerstehe:

Me too.

As a slight hijack, I was present and witness to a traumatic event with many, many deaths.  I saw (and heard) a multitude of flying figures circling overhead like hawks, snatching up the souls as the people died.  

At no other time in my life have a seen anything similar. I am not a sensitive to the best of my knowledge.  Or maybe I am?
View Quote

@widerstehe

First time I've heard anything like that. I was present when an older adult passed away, in hospital while sedated, and I heard / felt / saw nothing. Might be that you do have to be sensitive to that sort of thing. In your case it might have been the trauma of the event.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:37:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By robmkivseries70:

@widerstehe

First time I've heard anything like that. I was present when an older adult passed away, in hospital while sedated, and I heard / felt / saw nothing. Might be that you do have to be sensitive to that sort of thing. In your case it might have been the trauma of the event.
View Quote

Well yes I was definitely deeply traumatized but I wonder if that kind of primal horror opens your senses up to that realm a little bit?
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 10:06:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Well yes I was definitely deeply traumatized but I wonder if that kind of primal horror opens your senses up to that realm a little bit?
View Quote

Possible. If something is made obvious on purpose, and you notice, you can notice more from that point onward.

More likely though, you are more in tune than you thought.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 5:14:22 AM EDT
[#13]
There was mention of 'triangles' in some of the previous post but no details given. What is the relationship between triangles and ghost?

Years ago I did see a ghost. It was a rarest of sightings as she was passing from this world to a completely different place. She was walking into a bright light. You could tell she was walking into 'power', whatever that means. She was smiling and waving her hands as if she was glad to be crossing over
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Well yes I was definitely deeply traumatized but I wonder if that kind of primal horror opens your senses up to that realm a little bit?
View Quote

Have you spoken to any "real" researchers about that experience, or made it known to professionals in the paranormal field?

I'd be very curious to learn if others have seen the same/similar thing.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 2:58:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Rat_Patrol:
We have our old house still on our property (we built new). It's highly active.

1. And this is open to whomever: all the video and voice evps we have caught mean nothing to anybody else, as they could be fake. What kind of evidence would you believe? It is a multiple stuff a week kind of place. Saw figures all the time when living there. Usually they were outside the house, looking in the windows. 

2. It's nearly time to make a decision on the fate of that house, but it will likely be donated as a historical building to a local historical center who have already expressed interest. Was thinking of taking some of the boards from the half that does need to be turn down (half original pioneer log cabin, half is the "new" stick built addition from 1904) and making them a little shack from that lumber the size of an outhouse. The door to the outhouse would be locked, so they could have their space. But really, they should move on. Best advice here?
View Quote

Post them here! I'd love to see your evidence, even if it could be doctored.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 3:32:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 12:07:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Never really paid much attention to ghost stories besides just enjoying them for what they are, entertaining if nothing else. Never sought out any supposedly haunted places, although I did find myself in one at the end of high school. Helping out a friend who's little sisters school had a big thing at the Victoria Theatre in Dayton Ohio. They needed help with moving things on and off stage for her class and after her class had finished, I was pretty much stuck there for about 3 hours till the other classes finished. So I explored the place from top to bottom.

Didn't see any ghosts, but I did run into a weird guy in what I guess you could consider an attic on the top floor. He was strange, gave me a weird vibe, was dressed weird (paisley shirt in 1980 lol) talked weird shit (although he did seem to know a lot about the building) and made me feel like it was a good idea to get away from him as quick as possible. When I made my exit, he stayed on the top floor.  When everyone was leaving and gathering outside, I kept waiting to see him come out. All the way up to the doors being locked and everyone leaving.

How weird was he? 40 years later and it still gives me the creeps. Almost think I'd have rather seen the ghost lol
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 1:19:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Sent you a pm awhile ago. Hoping for some answers, I appreciate it!
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 9:46:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sent you a pm awhile ago. Hoping for some answers, I appreciate it!
View Quote

I thought I did. I guess I messed up sending it. I'll try again.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 11:54:20 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm good and drunk, so forgive me if this is hard to follow...

My cousin was murdered by her shitbag boyfriend on the 18th. The funeral was Wednesday. I missed the funeral because my wife had just had shoulder surgery and it's pretty rough on her riding in the car for extended periods. But, my cousin was buried in our family cemetery which is only about an hour and  a half away (the funeral itself was over a 3 hour drive from here) So, we decided to attend the gravesite ceremony instead.

The county where I'm from (and the location of the cemetery) is haunted as fuck, specifically a section of highway in particular. If you're familiar with southeastern Ky, it's hwy 26 between Corbin and Williamsburg. As soon as I turned onto 26, she was overwhelmed by dead people. It was insane watching her trying to focus on them all. She saw some things that I knew about, but had never told her. Even though I believe my wife about these things, it still messes with my head when she gets things so correct. I never told her where my uncle was buried, but she pointed out his resting place as we passed it. Creepy. She also saw something in a house that I knew to be haunted, but yet again, had neglected to tell her. Creepy again. The worst part was the cemetery. I cant see these dead people, and only on my best of days can I even detect their presence. She said they bombarded her before I had even stopped the car.

Sadly, my cousin hasn't figured out what happened yet. She was appearing and disappearing all day long, screaming into her father's face. He had no clue she was there. My wife said it was one of the worst things she's ever seen.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 12:34:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm good and drunk, so forgive me if this is hard to follow...

My cousin was murdered by her shitbag boyfriend on the 18th. The funeral was Wednesday. I missed the funeral because my wife had just had shoulder surgery and it's pretty rough on her riding in the car for extended periods. But, my cousin was buried in our family cemetery which is only about an hour and  a half away (the funeral itself was over a 3 hour drive from here) So, we decided to attend the gravesite ceremony instead.

The county where I'm from (and the location of the cemetery) is haunted as fuck, specifically a section of highway in particular. If you're familiar with southeastern Ky, it's hwy 26 between Corbin and Williamsburg. As soon as I turned onto 26, she was overwhelmed by dead people. It was insane watching her trying to focus on them all. She saw some things that I knew about, but had never told her. Even though I believe my wife about these things, it still messes with my head when she gets things so correct. I never told her where my uncle was buried, but she pointed out his resting place as we passed it. Creepy. She also saw something in a house that I knew to be haunted, but yet again, had neglected to tell her. Creepy again. The worst part was the cemetery. I cant see these dead people, and only on my best of days can I even detect their presence. She said they bombarded her before I had even stopped the car.

Sadly, my cousin hasn't figured out what happened yet. She was appearing and disappearing all day long, screaming into her father's face. He had no clue she was there. My wife said it was one of the worst things she's ever seen.
View Quote

Sorry she had to go through all that.

When there is a better time for her curious if she sees the ghosts in full color or something else.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 12:40:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Sorry she had to go through all that.

When there is a better time for her curious if she sees the ghosts in full color or something else.
View Quote

Color with a slight gray outline.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 12:26:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks for the report and a bump.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 1:05:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Thanks for posting your story.  To me, it is clear that we are not simply organisms that are born, live, and die.  As such, I firmly believe we are eternal beings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have never seen anything I would consider a ghost but I have “felt” things at a few scenes. I was a death investigator, homicide detective, etc. Joe Friday, just the facts type, agnostic in terms of religion and not prone to believe anything without evidence.

Having seen death by natural cause, accident, suicide, murder and combinations thereof I was pretty numb to it but there were occasions when the, for lack of a better term, horror or evil was palpable in the air.

After a particularly brutal murder/suicide I had some of the victim’s personal effects in my office.
iPhone, iPad, wallet, journal, things I was going to look through. It was a holiday weekend and if I dropped them in property room I would not have access until Tuesday.

I came in the next day and things had been moved around on my bookcases things like framed patches, business card holder, etc. Thought that was weird so I checked air vents and other possible causes with no explanation.
This happened three times over the weekend and honestly started to creep me out. All my coworkers lived to far away to drive in just to mess with me.

My partner was deeply religious (I retired in 2018) and had been at the scene with me, she acted strange and said she felt something in the office.
She and her pastor did something in my office and declared it clean. It was very strange. Never happened again.

All the ghosts are in my head now but I don’t think about them unless prompted.

So, that’s my spooky story.

We are all energy.

E=mc^2

Energy and mass is interchangeable in time.

That’s why spirits can show up in pictures, enough mass present to show.

And just as quickly disappear back into energy.

That’s why we feel something, like static electricity in the air.

Good energy, bad energy. It’s trapped within one’s soul. How you lived.

Speaking to a local city coroners office, they said, “The spirits know we are trying to help them.”

She said it matter of fact to my students at a field trip. Before anybody asks, these were criminal justice students who were looking into going into the field and were high school seniors.

Link Posted: 6/29/2020 1:08:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Me too.

As a slight hijack, I was present and witness to a traumatic event with many, many deaths.  I saw (and heard) a multitude of flying figures circling overhead like hawks, snatching up the souls as the people died.  

At no other time in my life have a seen anything similar. I am not a sensitive to the best of my knowledge.  Or maybe I am?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted By motoguy:

Same.  I am simultaneously rediculously intrigued by ghosts, and also scared shitless of seeing one.

Me too.

There isn’t much to be afraid of, if they could hurt us they would. They are around us all day, everywhere.

So if they can’t hurt you (unless you let them) they why be afraid?

Link Posted: 6/29/2020 2:38:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There isn’t much to be afraid of, if they could hurt us they would. They are around us all day, everywhere.

View Quote

I've never heard credible source, or read a newspaper article, that claimed someone was killed by a ghost.

There's very little that they can do, other than scare the shit out of someone. Yeah, they can move stuff and make noises, but that's about it. There are other things out there, though.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I've never heard credible source, or read a newspaper article, that claimed someone was killed by a ghost.

There's very little that they can do, other than scare the shit out of someone. Yeah, they can move stuff and make noises, but that's about it. There are other things out there, though.
View Quote

I don't have a dog in this fight, but it seems that if "something" can drag a chair across a room, it could apply that same amount of pressure to someone's throat or whatnot.  Unless somehow "thing" and "people" are categorized differently when it comes to their ability to manipulate it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 6:21:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I don't have a dog in this fight, but it seems that if "something" can drag a chair across a room, it could apply that same amount of pressure to someone's throat or whatnot.  Unless somehow "thing" and "people" are categorized differently when it comes to their ability to manipulate it.
View Quote

I'd have to ask my wife more about it, but I think it's like an energy transfer. They no longer have bodies with bones and muscles to grasp with. All they have is energy to direct at something.

I'll find out what she knows about it.

Eta: @motoguy

She confirmed what I suspected. Although she has heard of cases where the ghost has grabbed someone. It takes a lot of energy (which is fueled by emotion) and most can't or won't do it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hans Holzer said the same thing in his book Ghosts but later recounted a story about an apartment (New York city) in a women's only building, where a women reported being choked by something.  Later, it was revealed that the women who had been attacked, returned to the area, and was told that two other tenets had died in that same room under mysterious circumstances.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We have our old house still on our property (we built new). It's highly active.

1. And this is open to whomever: all the video and voice evps we have caught mean nothing to anybody else, as they could be fake. What kind of evidence would you believe? It is a multiple stuff a week kind of place. Saw figures all the time when living there. Usually they were outside the house, looking in the windows.

2. It's nearly time to make a decision on the fate of that house, but it will likely be donated as a historical building to a local historical center who have already expressed interest. Was thinking of taking some of the boards from the half that does need to be turn down (half original pioneer log cabin, half is the "new" stick built addition from 1904) and making them a little shack from that lumber the size of an outhouse. The door to the outhouse would be locked, so they could have their space. But really, they should move on. Best advice here?
View Quote

charge people to stay there, i would love to stay in a haunted house, to actually see a ghost or something,  would probably scare me but would be worth it .
Atb
Mart
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 5:24:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Pretty much.

How they see themselves, or when they were happiest. Some died elderly, but appear 3 or 4 decades younger.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would ghosts wear clothes? Where do they get them?

The theory is that they appear as they last remember themselves. What I saw was something white that appeared just inside a door off to my right as I went up stairs. I have never seen a full  apparition.

Pretty much.

How they see themselves, or when they were happiest. Some died elderly, but appear 3 or 4 decades younger.

Lost site of this thread for a while. So just catching up now.

Regarding the above; in which ghosts appear as they remember themselves or at their happiest time. How does that reconcile with something like the guys carrying a coffin scenario?

Presumably, the men in that instance would have all lived out their lives differently. Same goes for the woman that followed the procession. They’d all likely remember themselves differently. Would themselves die at different times. And I’d imagine none viewed the moment of carrying a child’s coffin as a happy point in their life.

So, how do they all end up in the same “place”. Can a ghost project others from their life into their own existence?

Again, using the child coffin example. Could the only “real” ghost in that instance have been the supposed child in the coffin. Who was projecting the adults in his family into what was being seen by your grandfather?

Hope that makes sense. Wasn’t easy to flesh that out from a thought into text.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Lost site of this thread for a while. So just catching up now.

Regarding the above; in which ghosts appear as they remember themselves or at their happiest time. How does that reconcile with something like the guys carrying a coffin scenario?

Presumably, the men in that instance would have all lived out their lives differently. Same goes for the woman that followed the procession. They’d all likely remember themselves differently. Would themselves die at different times. And I’d imagine none viewed the moment of carrying a child’s coffin as a happy point in their life.

So, how do they all end up in the same “place”. Can a ghost project others from their life into their own existence?

Again, using the child coffin example. Could the only “real” ghost in that instance have been the supposed child in the coffin. Who was projecting the adults in his family into what was being seen by your grandfather?

Hope that makes sense. Wasn’t easy to flesh that out from a thought into text.
View Quote

I should add a correction. Wife says many revert to a happier time/self. Those who died rough sometimes haven't gotten over it. There's also a theory that not all ghost sightings are an actual "ghost", something akin to a residual haunting. But, you may be on to something about the child ghost recreating their own burial.

People claim to see a lot of things. There aren't answers for every one of them.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 9:25:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I should add a correction. Wife says many revert to a happier time/self. Those who died rough sometimes haven't gotten over it. There's also a theory that not all ghost sightings are an actual "ghost", something akin to a residual haunting. But, you may be on to something about the child ghost recreating their own burial.

People claim to see a lot of things. There aren't answers for every one of them.
View Quote

Thanks for the reply! That makes sense. Appreciate your continued engagement in this thread.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 10:40:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Why didn't your wife try to interact with her and explain what happened to her?
View Quote

Two reasons: First is that she wasn't there very long each time. Second, and most importantly, is she cant just hold a conversation with a dead person in a crowded room. Not everyone believes.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 12:39:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Have you ever heard of the book “Visions of Glory”?

It is the story of a guy who has died (and come back) 3 times. Each time he dies he explains the doorway to heaven is left open a little more.

He describes a lot of what you describe but has an explanation for much of it.

*Disclaimer* I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (LDS or Mormon) and the book is written from the POV of another member who has seen visions of his role of TEOTW/ the Second Coming of Christ so it has some LDS themes to it.

It is a very fascinating read and I for one believe the Second Coming will occur in our generation.

ETA: I love this thread and have read every post. Keep the info coming!
View Quote

Same. It's on audio also. I highly recommend reading/listening to it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 11:00:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Appreciate your continued engagement in this thread.
View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 11:00:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have you ever heard of the book "Visions of Glory"?

It is the story of a guy who has died (and come back) 3 times. Each time he dies he explains the doorway to heaven is left open a little more.

He describes a lot of what you describe but has an explanation for much of it.

*Disclaimer* I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (LDS or Mormon) and the book is written from the POV of another member who has seen visions of his role of TEOTW/ the Second Coming of Christ so it has some LDS themes to it.

It is a very fascinating read and I for one believe the Second Coming will occur in our generation.

ETA: I love this thread and have read every post. Keep the info coming!

Adding this to my list.  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 10:34:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Bumping good thread back to top of forum.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 11:19:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Had a few things, Curious what your wifes thought are as I have held out hope that I was "touched" but am also a Christian and believe we all go to 1 of 2 places and thats that.

or could just be good fodder for the thread....

A) the night my grandmother passed I was "awakened" by her. I saw her smiling and happy moving freely (twirling and smiling) which was difficult for her in the end. There were no words but I knew she was happy and I knew she was good.  She was wearing the Blue dress she was buried in and I was at peace and happy for her. I knew she was telling me she loved me. I then learned a few hrs later she had passed in the night. I wasnt asleep when it happened and I vivdly saw her.

B) my wifes uncle passed. He died of lung cancer in the hospital within 5 days of finding out he had it and being hospitalized. Our aunt never told her husband he was dying, in fact said he would be home in a few days. The day he passed I was called to her house for an alarm call. As I rushed over there the alarm people were telling me which sensors were going off leading to their master bedroom. When I arrived the wrought Iron door surround was wide open, the front door was wide open and pushed open so hard the door stop was broke and a hole in the drywall was present. The bedroom door was wide open and I heard commotion. Only to find and empty house after myself and 2 deputies searched it. I Was able to review the tapes and saw the doors fly open when no one was there. Exactly 1 year later same thing happened. our aunt moved from that house after spending 40+ years there and building it themselves. I think he was mad. Is it possible he was mad and is now making a scene... I dunno...

C) my dad was a deputy in the desert. Got a call from a older lady. she had been seeing people outside the window. My dad responded. The old lady was on the phone and my dad asked her to speak and hang up the phone. the lady responded its my husband do you want to speak with him. My dad took phone it was empty not even a busy signal after being off the hook for a while. So he hung up and spoke with lady. said little people were outside. he checked the sand and saw no footprints or sign of people. Made sure old lady was healthy, house was secured and cleared the call. Later that evening another call came in. Lady screaming "theyre here to get me I wont let them in" so my dad rushes over again. Again no footprints, no disturbance and lady on the phone. she says her husband said its okay theyre going to help her my dad can leave. again secures property makes sure lady not 5150 and ok then leaves the scene. In the A.M. Daughter call her mom is dead in the chair. Daughter drove from Nor California to Palm Desert to check on mom because she said her mom was talking to her dad who had passed away 5 years earlier. Did "little people" come to get her?
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 2:47:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Had a few things, Curious what your wifes thought are as I have held out hope that I was "touched" but am also a Christian and believe we all go to 1 of 2 places and thats that.

or could just be good fodder for the thread....

A) the night my grandmother passed I was "awakened" by her. I saw her smiling and happy moving freely (twirling and smiling) which was difficult for her in the end. There were no words but I knew she was happy and I knew she was good.  She was wearing the Blue dress she was buried in and I was at peace and happy for her. I knew she was telling me she loved me. I then learned a few hrs later she had passed in the night. I wasnt asleep when it happened and I vivdly saw her.

B) my wifes uncle passed. He died of lung cancer in the hospital within 5 days of finding out he had it and being hospitalized. Our aunt never told her husband he was dying, in fact said he would be home in a few days. The day he passed I was called to her house for an alarm call. As I rushed over there the alarm people were telling me which sensors were going off leading to their master bedroom. When I arrived the wrought Iron door surround was wide open, the front door was wide open and pushed open so hard the door stop was broke and a hole in the drywall was present. The bedroom door was wide open and I heard commotion. Only to find and empty house after myself and 2 deputies searched it. I Was able to review the tapes and saw the doors fly open when no one was there. Exactly 1 year later same thing happened. our aunt moved from that house after spending 40+ years there and building it themselves. I think he was mad. Is it possible he was mad and is now making a scene... I dunno...

C) my dad was a deputy in the desert. Got a call from a older lady. she had been seeing people outside the window. My dad responded. The old lady was on the phone and my dad asked her to speak and hang up the phone. the lady responded its my husband do you want to speak with him. My dad took phone it was empty not even a busy signal after being off the hook for a while. So he hung up and spoke with lady. said little people were outside. he checked the sand and saw no footprints or sign of people. Made sure old lady was healthy, house was secured and cleared the call. Later that evening another call came in. Lady screaming "theyre here to get me I wont let them in" so my dad rushes over again. Again no footprints, no disturbance and lady on the phone. she says her husband said its okay theyre going to help her my dad can leave. again secures property makes sure lady not 5150 and ok then leaves the scene. In the A.M. Daughter call her mom is dead in the chair. Daughter drove from Nor California to Palm Desert to check on mom because she said her mom was talking to her dad who had passed away 5 years earlier. Did "little people" come to get her?
View Quote

@kingpin_56
Hi King, I'd say you have some psychic abilities, that's why you were able to see the your Grandma for example. Do you have any other experiences with hunches coming true, of visions of things happening in the present or future?
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 3:44:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Throughout my career I have been around a lot of people in their last moments of life, or shortly after they have died. Unfortunately, for many, I have been the last face they saw before they died.  I have often thought about the person's family in those moments. If they got some sense something bad had happened to their loved one. If they were visited and did not know it.

I was with my Mom at the hospital when she died. She had a massive stroke during an operation. Her brain was fried. If she lived it would have been on life support. I decided to keep her comfortable medically with no life support. She died after about 18 hours at about 0300. Her heart flat lined for about 45 seconds. I thought that was it. Then it started up again, all by itself. I told her it was ok to go see her parents and family that had died. About 3 minutes later her heart stopped again. My Dad was not there, not because he didn't want to be, but he couldn't physically. I told him the next day. He wasn't shocked. He said he talked to her about 0300. My daughter, in another state said she woke up about that time and felt my Mom's presence. She knew she had died.

A few years later she also got a visit from my Dad.

He had been going downhill with various medical issues and was being taken care of at home by me and hospice. We expected him to live about another 90-120 days. His mind was still ok, he had good memory, he was alert, oriented, still able to get up, dressed, eat, and move around on his own.  One week before he died I went to wake him up for breakfast. He told me that he had seen some people in the hall. Then said "I hope I am not getting ready to pass." Shortly after that Dad started having some stability issues. I was afraid he would fall if left alone and I informed my boss I needed a leave of absence so I could move in with Dad to take better care of him.

About 48 hours before his death, i went out and got some dinner for him at his favorite place. He came and sat at the kitchen table and waited to eat. I asked him why he was waiting. He said "For your wife to come back from the bathroom." I told him she wasn't there. He said "I saw someone come in with you."

24 hours before he died we ate dinner and my Uncle called. Dad was fine the first 10 minutes of the conversation, then it was like his mind snapped and he started rambling about things that made no sense.

12 hours before he died - I heard his rustling around like he was tossing and turning. I was half awake, half asleep. Something bumped my bed hard enough to wake me completely up, as if they were saying "Get up. Go check on him." I got up and he needed to go to the bathroom. He was talking gibberish.

8 hours before he died I had him on the couch. He was sitting there talking to his Dad. Then he tried to get up and was very agitated and having difficulty breathing. He clearly said " I have to go outside. I have to see them." I asked who? " He said "My kin, I have to go to ( a city where we have no relatives) to see my kin." Then he said "I am going to the funeral home. I am going to be there a while."  That was the last thing he said. (He was at the funeral home 5 days)

3 hours before he died he got death rales (rattles).

30 -5 minutes before he died. I got really anxious. I am not sure why. I knew what was coming and I had seen it before.

2 minutes before he died. A neighbor stopped by to see how he was.

I was standing in the kitchen talking to the neighbor and I noticed there were no more rattles. Dad had stopped breathing. It was the only time I had really been away from him in about 12 hours. I walked to the bed. No pulse. He had died that quick.

Someone either said in this thread or somewhere else - family members sometimes don't want you to see them die. They are still trying to look out for you. They are ok dying around strangers.

Link Posted: 7/16/2020 6:41:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

@kingpin_56
Hi King, I'd say you have some psychic abilities, that's why you were able to see the your Grandma for example. Do you have any other experiences with hunches coming true, of visions of things happening in the present or future?
View Quote

Probably. Sometimes people just know things that they shouldn't know otherwise.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 9:44:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Probably. Sometimes people just know things that they shouldn't know otherwise.
View Quote

Thanks @hoboninja
Yeah, I have some, very little, psychic ability. Mostly it's knowing what's going on around me (threats) in the real world, not often, and my fitness level has something positive to do with it. An occasional dream that accurately forecasts something, one real instance in my life time. I had a vision (waking) of a friend telling me that he had been in a car wreck, about 6 weeks before it happened, three years ago.  (he was OK) Hearing foots steps in an empty house. The other day, I was thinking about the country home a friends aunt and uncle lived in back in the 60's, (We had a range there.) I "felt" something there, up stairs, but never saw or heard anything. I have been doing a meditation program to try and improve my abilities but I'm still limited, probably by not practicing consistently. Oh, the occasional warning about traffic if I am relaxed.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 10:12:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Thanks @hoboninja
Yeah, I have some, very little, psychic ability. Mostly it's knowing what's going on around me (threats) in the real world, not often, and my fitness level has something positive to do with it. An occasional dream that accurately forecasts something, one real instance in my life time. I had a vision (waking) of a friend telling me that he had been in a car wreck, about 6 weeks before it happened, three years ago.  (he was OK) Hearing foots steps in an empty house. The other day, I was thinking about the country home a friends aunt and uncle lived in back in the 60's, (We had a range there.) I "felt" something there, up stairs, but never saw or heard anything. I have been doing a meditation program to try and improve my abilities but I'm still limited, probably by not practicing consistently. Oh, the occasional warning about traffic if I am relaxed.
View Quote

@robmkivseries70

I recently noticed that I have some empathetic abilities. Basically, if someone close to me has a terrible experience, I can feel the same feeling to a much lesser degree. A few weeks back, my cousin was shot and killed. She was hit in the lung, and probably drown on her own blood. About the same time, the same night, I couldn't breathe right. It took forever it seemed for me to get to sleep. I had no idea about her at the time.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 10:39:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
snipped

Someone either said in this thread or somewhere else - family members sometimes don't want you to see them die. They are still trying to look out for you. They are ok dying around strangers.

View Quote

Thank you for the post.  What I have bolded is extremely consistent with what I have read.  No firsthand experience.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 3:57:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Thank you for the post.  What I have bolded is extremely consistent with what I have read.  No firsthand experience.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
snipped

This is true in my experience.

Grandfather went in for surgery in '93. He was old - in his 80s, and was in terrible shape. He has several surgeries in the prior years (including colostomy bag) and was basically a walking skeleton. I happened to be in the town they lived in they day he went in. Coming out of surgery, the surgeon told us that his vitals were fading and he didn't expect him to wake up. The next 6 house, he was just hanging on. Not awake, bit not dying. My grandmother's blood pressure shot up, so they took her down to the ER to get checked out. Not 5 minutes after she left the floor, he passed. I was at his side with my aunt.

When my Uncle's time came, he was on dialysis after chemo from colon cancer pretty much did his kidneys in. He was going downhill fast, really couldn't walk. It was sad. he made the decision to stop dialysis and the docs sent him home with hospice. Said it'd be about 5 days. I flew home to say my farewells as he was my favorite uncle. I was sitting in the room with him holding a conversation, and he just stopped, and started talking to the corner of the room. I thought he was just looking around while talking until he started talking about me. I asked him who he was talking to and he said he was talking o my grandmother, who had passed 10 years earlier. Anyway, Mom would stay with him overnight, but it was rough on both of them. A close friend convinced them test she would spend the night so mom could rest, as the friend was a retired hospice nurse. He passed 3 hours after mom left.

Recently, one of my mom's sisters was pretty bad off with cancer. All over her body. They sent her to the hospital because she was having breathing problems. Whenever her husband or kids were there, she was fretful and pained. She asked for my mom to come up. So mom went up with their youngest sister. As long as the 3 were together - same stubborness. She sent the youngest sister home and asked mom to stay. Mom told me that night she woke up and my aunt was having a hard time. Mom walked over and said it was OK to go. And she went. She wanted my mom the because she didn't want her husband and kids to have to deal with it.

Link Posted: 7/19/2020 9:11:16 PM EDT
[#48]
I read all of the first two or three pages but then skipped to page 10, so apologies if you have already covered my question.

Does your wife have an opinion on dreams?  Are they just neurological activity or a window into another world/dimension?  I saw where you stated some dead people enter living people's dreams but I'm talking the very nature of what dreams are and represent.

I've had three friends who have passed away, two close to 20 years ago one about a year ago.  I lost contact with the first two and hadn't spoken to them in years and had never had a dream with them in it.  Now, they show up in my dreams quite often.  The friend who passed a little over a year ago has only shown up a couple of times and it wasn't nearly as vivid as the other two guys.  The longer ago they passed, the more often they show up in my dreams.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 2:40:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Thanks for sharing, OP.  Quite an interesting read.

Does your wife feel compelled to help the ones she sees?  Does she carry a weight because of it?  Seems like that would be tough.
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 12:04:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Thanks for sharing, OP.  Quite an interesting read.

Does your wife feel compelled to help the ones she sees?  Does she carry a weight because of it?  Seems like that would be tough.
View Quote

Mostly she only helps by request from family and close friends.

My aunt actually asked her a week or so back, how it affected her, etc. Wife told her that its pretty much all she knows. Shes used to it, so it doesn't weigh on her.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top