[#1]
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 1:38:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Lol, it's a love-hate though, right?

Link Posted: 1/12/2022 7:05:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Holy moly have I been busy collecting up parts and starting to make some SS lcg chassis some friends have been testing out.  Need to update once all done, but here is a little trx-4 Sport I picked up and did some mods to and it is holding its own!

Back to basic rc4wd Toyota body on the stretched trx4 sport
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Some more lunchtime fun today in the wash.

trx4 sport rock crawl out at wash

Using the Yeti RC climbing hook line on the trx4 sport as intended

A little full send never hurts sometimes
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Got out to our spot at White Tanks yesterday and was a blast!

trx4 sport crawling at White Tanks

More trx4 crawling at White Tanks

Trx4 & Sendero at White Tanks

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Finally got out to the China Wall area with two of my TRX4 Sport rigs.

China Wall crawl with trx4 sport

Another trx4 Sport of mine at China Wall with Trail Honcho 2 stock tires

8.6lb Trx4 Sport, stock Axial Trail Honcho 2 tires and wheels, China Wall crawling

Trx4 Sport getting vertical crawling with stock Axial Trail Honcho 2 tires/wheels at 8.6lbs.

I was pleasantly surprised at how a stock set of Trail Honcho tires/wheels did on an 8.6lb TRX4 Sport.  Not great past 70 degrees of vert without wheel speed, but also only ran me $10 and doing the trick for that, lol!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 6:58:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Very cool stuff. Starting to get into RC trucks and there are so many cool options. Was just looking at Short Course trucks last night.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 8:49:26 AM EDT
[#9]
^ Right on!  Been super fun and have met some really great guys, in fact two off here!

That is where I started back in with Baja Rey(technically not a stadium truck though).

These also just came out the other day in my local HS.  Soooo, had to get one of each, haha!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 6:39:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Also started a custom "what-if" model-combo build that actually worked out!  I give thee, "El Caproncho"

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

And testing today in the wild at South Mountain with a basher Honcho body I have.

1st run in the wild at South Mountain for El Caproncho Axial Trail Honcho with Capra axles and links

More El Caproncho runs at South Mountain

Link Posted: 4/27/2022 10:43:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Haven't posted in a while as I have been busy and out with yet more new rigs all through the cooler months.  Been tearing up a lot of AZ with Say10 and some other guys we have met along the way.

Finally took out the Super Rock Rey for some practice jumps near my house.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

And Say10 launching his Lasernut!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Super good traction and lines for crawling out at the bash spot just down a ditch, too.  My Toyo-Sport and my neighbor's sport kit with red proline body.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:59:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Finally cracked open one of the Gladiator models and started customizing it.  Got the rc4wd mud slingers on some 3d printed Woods3drc wheels, brass 4mm hub extensions with the brass weighted wheel hardware(just had to drill out rims a little for new OD of hdwr), Treal steering link, 3d printed Betty B-17 sliders, Furitek CF high clearance link kit w/ brass pivot balls, YR metal front bumper and a not yet installed, but an assembled new in bag HR OD transmission I need to drop in after I figure out what new motor combo is going in it.  Picked this Lindberg model body up off ebay for $10 shipped and was always too long for the other sxc24's out.  Got a buddy 3d printing me a thin Tonneau cover for it, too.  Thank goodness they came out with this longer WB one finally!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Uh-Oh!  Something new and different to add in to the mix!  Thanks to fellow posters on here and friends, just got into a V2 Maxx.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 9:19:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

One of these days I am going to break down and buy an Xmaxx.  I like those body colors.
View Quote

Probably wouldn't regret it and you probably have the room to run(?).

My neighbor had two Xmaxx rigs. I told him he's one Blackjack boat away from reconstructing Early Cuyler's, Truck-Boat-Truck, lol.

Got out yesterday morning to Bark Park at Papago before it got 200 degrees out here.  1st time and was fun!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 7:19:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 11:46:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Lol, awesome mid-fall pic ya got!  Glad the baby was ok, too!  I like that place and want to try the other structures next time!  Just need you to get there about an hour earlier, lol!
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Soooo, gave away enough of these stainless laser cut chassis I did at my shop and I finally sat down and pulled off my first build with a set of SS rails using Axial AR60 axles with Incision internals & LockedUp RC lockers, 2.2 BFG Krawlers, Incision SS high clearance Wraith links, Castle Slate 285kv, Mamba X esc, Capra driveshafts, 100mm Desert Lizard shocks, HH SHV800 servo, 3s 2200mah lipo pack.  Fitted an original SCX10 Trail Honcho body to it since it's mostly an "Axial".  Got a 3d bumper to put on today, get servo power lead attached, the rear of body mounting figured out and clean up the wires final layout.  Should be ready to hit the wild this Saturday!  Thanks to @Say10 for the wheel spacers to mock this up before I go down the wrong width setup and 3d printing me the trans skid, sliders, bumper, etc, etc, etc, etc, lol!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 2:47:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Threw an older, familiar looking top on the new ar60 build and had my daughter take her first crawl in the wild with it while I filmed out at our spot less than 15 minutes from the house....not bad, the truck and her driving.  Its a long 14 minute video but shows some good flex footage along the way once they get about a minute in.  My buddy Jake had his red Toyota TRX4 out with us, too...that is what is so loud, lol.

2nd run with custom stainless lcg chassis
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:25:48 AM EDT
[#21]
New addition to the crawler portion of the collection.  79 Blazer TRX4.  Been wanting to make a towing/hauling rig, maybe this one will be it.  Got metal motor mount with fan coming in and dug out of my new parts drawer, a simple 16T HH Crawlmaster Sport.  Dropping that in until I figure out what brushless system to run that I have.  It came with the 2s Traxxas lipo battery but I am gutting that/batt tray and utilizing the front mount with a smaller 3s pack.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:19:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Got out for a couple hours this morning to our spot for some rock yoga....

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 4:10:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Put a new suit and some different shoes on for tomorrow's run in am.  Just running to hobby shop for body posts for rear, I tan out.  Then come home and trim front fenders to a "2.2 line".

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Edit:

All trimmed up now to clear them 2.2's!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#24]
This morning, met a couple more locals with trx4 blazer and sport that met me and neighbor out at our spot.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 11:48:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Was a perfect morning out at our spot today!  Nice n cool!  Getting more scratches on her!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Got a new trx4 sport the other day on a swap and it was basically new with a brand new Quickrun 2300kv 2 in 1 that is just awesome, narrrow wheel well kit and front batt tray installed, original batt tray removed and I modded my stock shocks Dravtech-style.  Kind of neat to run something just so very simple.  Here are a couple vids form a run after work yesterday on the way home.  Excuse the camera drop halfway through in second vid, still having a hard time in wind, balancing on rocks, video and driving so slowly with one hand in 100 degree weather.

new trx4 sport with 2300kv quickrun 2 in 1

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 10:17:04 AM EDT
[#27]
So, got a deal on a couple Axial SMT Raw Builders Kits and kind of fun, actually.  Guess I can add monster trucks to the list!

For now setup with a Titan 12T with 14/56 pinion/spur and a 2 in 1 Spektrum Firma 40a esc/rx powerring it.  Servo is just a 25kg Amazon special servo with saver-delete.  Machined lockers front & rear and Incision Universal joint front axles with Incision rear axles.  Machined gears in 3gear trans as well now.  I opted to run some taller Ripsaws on it for now and has been a decent match to gearing and power.

Can get the front end up on 3s.  Seems like it has decent balance in the air, too.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/13/2022 10:51:08 AM EDT
[#28]
This morning was a blast!

Rolled out with the trailer behind Marksman with no problems at 250yrds of traveling.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 7:35:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Very cool stuff. Simple straight to the point action.

I've been watching crawling videos for quite awhile. I havent talked myself into that TRX4 Sport yet
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:36:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Thank you!

Yeah, the sport was like a Lay's tater chip for me, couldn't eat just one.  Have a few now setup for different things instead of trying to make one do it all.

Got some new 2.2 aluminum rc4wd rims and mounted up some big tires and tossed in one of the ess-one+ sound boxes for some turbo v8 sound, lol.  Check it out.  Can't wait to get a longer run in the wild and make everyone mad, lol.

ess-one+ sound box in my custom lcg ss chassis ar60 build

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 9:47:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Got some stainless chassis cut at my shop with our laser a couple weeks ago that I built the one in pics above from.  Also decided to play with the etching settings for some cool stuff...ran the distressed flag version first article and had to go back in and connect a few lines before cutting anymore of those.  That is why there is a circle etched into it, doh!  Also just noticed the AR is missing trigger guard, lol so off to go fix that.  Ready to cut second half of same amount with fixes next Friday!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 11:39:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 3:04:22 PM EDT
[#33]
A little vertical testing at Bark Park today.  This 10.2 build on my SS chassis is doin the trick!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Man, I miss crawling since my crawling buddy died last year.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Man, I miss crawling since my crawling buddy died last year.
View Quote

RIP to your crawlin buddy @Deerhurst.  I never even thought how it would be to lose one of our group.  You know, one just thinks, "toys", at first but you really get to develop some cool parallels with others of all walks once on the rocks.  In fact, met a guy off my thread here that I crawl almost every weekend with and on lunch hours when it's cooler out.  Met another guy off this thread that lives in another state and we text fairly regularly about builds and life happenings; heck we've even done some horse tradin.  Don't give up, just get back out there, your buddy is waiting for you, to hang out still I am willing to bet!
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:49:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Making some bacon n eggs before Jomax crawls this morning!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:19:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

RIP to your crawlin buddy @Deerhurst.  I never even thought how it would be to lose one of our group.  You know, one just thinks, "toys", at first but you really get to develop some cool parallels with others of all walks once on the rocks.  In fact, met a guy off my thread here that I crawl almost every weekend with and on lunch hours when it's cooler out.  Met another guy off this thread that lives in another state and we text fairly regularly about builds and life happenings; heck we've even done some horse tradin.  Don't give up, just get back out there, your buddy is waiting for you, to hang out still I am willing to bet!
View Quote

Was a good friend, co-worker and crawling buddy. Only person I could crawl with in this town that would crawl for fun without any BS or acting like a bratty child. I miss it. I need to get someone else hooked on the hobby to crawl with. Havnt gotten any of the RCs out in about a year.

It sucks that basically the entire RC scene here is people that will bitch, whine, swindle and be petty about everything.

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 12:10:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Was a good friend, co-worker and crawling buddy. Only person I could crawl with in this town that would crawl for fun without any BS or acting like a bratty child. I miss it. I need to get someone else hooked on the hobby to crawl with. Havnt gotten any of the RCs out in about a year.

It sucks that basically the entire RC scene here is people that will bitch, whine, swindle and be petty about everything.

View Quote

I found that kind of, "Let's have some fun" attitude in the small group we've managed to put together, lol.  I do see and hear some of the Cheetos'd fingered dudes rambling now and again off in the distance when we hit some spots now that more curmudgeons are emerging with the weather break.  I don't walk away immediately, I just kind of make sure I hit a new line that veers off in another direction (preferably a harder line) as I smile and wave, "Bye".  But yeah, it's like 60-70% of the RC dudes out here are the same way, ha!  I don't do FB, haven't even logged in since like 2008 or 09....But guys will tell me about the little bicker-battles some other guys have and it is amazing certain people have survived life this long being like that, lol!  I use the hobby to network and have a blast, pure and simple.  Too bad you live so far away, or we'd have you in our group!  Ever plan a trip Phx., AZ you just PM me and we'll get out!  Even if you have to use one of my rigs!
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 8:13:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I found that kind of, "Let's have some fun" attitude in the small group we've managed to put together, lol.  I do see and hear some of the Cheetos'd fingered dudes rambling now and again off in the distance when we hit some spots now that more curmudgeons are emerging with the weather break.  I don't walk away immediately, I just kind of make sure I hit a new line that veers off in another direction (preferably a harder line) as I smile and wave, "Bye".  But yeah, it's like 60-70% of the RC dudes out here are the same way, ha!  I don't do FB, haven't even logged in since like 2008 or 09....But guys will tell me about the little bicker-battles some other guys have and it is amazing certain people have survived life this long being like that, lol!  I use the hobby to network and have a blast, pure and simple.  Too bad you live so far away, or we'd have you in our group!  Ever plan a trip Phx., AZ you just PM me and we'll get out!  Even if you have to use one of my rigs!
View Quote

Will do! I need to find another gun guy to crawl with. Go crawl out to a shooting spot, shoot, crawl back! Haha! I'm glad I got a chance to get my buddy behind a machine gun. He loved that thing!

I spend so much time at work that I havnt had a chance to even go find a new spot to crawl.

We had a guy locally that was building trails and inviting people.to crawl. Turned out that his little bit of fame went to his head and he became an asshole. I may have told him as much when he was a dick to my buddy then everyone else that was suddenly buddy buddy with the guy to use his land took offense to it. Havnt associated with any of them since. That was years ago. I do miss those trails.

Wish I could talk the girlfriend into crawling with me. Guess I should get my spare truck running again.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 8:52:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 9:07:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Helsing, do you know if anyone sells the body-clips on this truck?                

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228253/20220811_071223_jpg-2484992.JPG

View Quote

Those are just normal body clips with tags on them. I think the tags look like axial but I cannot be sure. Could probably just print them.

I've used zip ties and RC fuel line for tags in the past.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:26:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Helsing, do you know if anyone sells the body-clips on this truck?                

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228253/20220811_071223_jpg-2484992.JPG

View Quote

@WILSON

They are these.  Deerhurst nailed it, Axial parts:

Axial 6mm body clips with pull tabs
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:41:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Will do! I need to find another gun guy to crawl with. Go crawl out to a shooting spot, shoot, crawl back! Haha! I'm glad I got a chance to get my buddy behind a machine gun. He loved that thing!

I spend so much time at work that I havnt had a chance to even go find a new spot to crawl.

We had a guy locally that was building trails and inviting people.to crawl. Turned out that his little bit of fame went to his head and he became an asshole. I may have told him as much when he was a dick to my buddy then everyone else that was suddenly buddy buddy with the guy to use his land took offense to it. Havnt associated with any of them since. That was years ago. I do miss those trails.

Wish I could talk the girlfriend into crawling with me. Guess I should get my spare truck running again.
View Quote

Bird hunting just fired up around me and Sheriffs are out in full force checking land use permits, hunting licenses, etc. so waiting for the "September Heat" to roll off before I bring out any plinkers, lol.  Usually all or most all of the guys out on the trail with me are carrying....I feel like the protected old lady out there, lol!  Now that weather is cooling off, time to bust out a carry of my own, I guess.  Plus, lots of rattle snakes out.  Babies & youngsters, too.

Attachment Attached File

I have been invited to a few private tracks (indoor & outdoor) over the past couple years and have never took them up on the offer...I should have at least once, though.  I do have a new crew member that has starting a backyard course and just got way into the crawling so I need to stop by his place as he lives fairly close to me....and he's cool at least!

My wife wants to get out, she is just waiting for the cooler weather.  She is not "IN" right now, ha!

Yes, get to going through the spare & main rigs.  Remember, it is therapeutic if nothing else!
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 11:40:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Some shots of a wild transition section at Jomax from this past Saturday morning.  Showed up by myself and was alone the entire morning!  What a peaceful setting and had the mountains to myself!  This is a pretty gnarly 40'+ drop into a pretty tall tree/bush below if you mess up.  Kind of crazy how you have to get over the little cave opening and fall into the mountain step just in front and below it, but it is fun doing it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:40:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Got my new Comp Wagon in Rootbeer Candy installed on the 10ii custom tonight.  I kind of like it!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:34:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Had a buddy at work offer to make me an A&W rear window sticker, lol.  His cricket did pretty darn good!  Stuck that on yesterday.  Then got a text from another buddy saying to stop by on way home, he had some wheels and tires that may finish it off nicely.  Boy, I like how it finished out for sure!  Loving the rootbeer candy.

Every time I look at it I want a frosty rootbeer now, though.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Got my tgh wheels, ruptures and 3d printed soft inserts all prepped.  Sidewalls hold up amazing now.  Everything else just feels...wrong..  Also threw 77g around the steel rings inside last night.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 1:08:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Went out this morning when we heard of a place with water.  Was fun watching everyone submarine their equipment.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Picked up a blue Losi No Prep a while ago and forgot about it until I saw a Summit body one pop up locally the other day last week. Might try the newly painted Bronco wide SCT body as it looks pretty cool on it, too.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The "Gasser" look ain't to shabby, either.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Got an email form Horizon today they were running on the Mojave EXB I have been dying to get my hands on since I missed the good deal last time....$380.09 OTD at me local rc shop!  Now time to break the bank on electronics!  HW Max 6 combo comes to mind...

I'd say if you were thinking of one, best get on it!  Got till the 17th, I think, while supplies last!

Attachment Attached File
Page / 8
Top Top