Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2017 7:30:57 PM EDT
I have had a beard or would trimmer with a razor to stubble due to coarse facial hair.  Finally tried a safety razor and what a difference.  No irritation or ingrown hairs and the smoothest, closest shave I have had ever.  Wishing I had made the switch years ago.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#1]
What razor?
Safety razor is very very vague.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 11:39:42 PM EDT
[#2]
It was the BOG (black ops grooming) SecDef.  The owner is local and had a booth set up and I stopped and chatted with him.  I had been interested in making a switch, cartridges suck and I just bought an electric thinking that might work out and if I shave everyday I have issues and if I go to every other day the razor has issues.  Plus I get to support a prior service member.  

It came with feather blades and I got the set with the pre and post shaves, soap and brush.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 9:43:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad to hear you are finding it so worthwhile. Shaving turned from a mandatory daily chore to a few minutes for me to relax before work once I started using good shaving cream and a DE

Link Posted: 8/2/2018 5:35:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Feeling   retro, and  Want to   try the  single blade  " Safety "  .

How about pics of  your  Razor ?.

.edit.
Used shitty disposable razors for.. decades.  
Thanks to good advice in this very forum, I have recently acquired a Merkur 34C.
3 piece German made safety razor.
Tried some Gillette silver blue blades first, today used a very nice Israeli Personna 'red' blade= clean,close and sharp.
Been using 'real steel' for two weeks,after shower,   use the mirror, no blood yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top