BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 2:56:23 PM EDT
[#1]
It has been an insanely busy summer of diving for me. I have pretty much only taken one weekend off and that was to take the visual inspection, o2 clean, and valve rebuild classes from PSI. We did it all in one day and logged just over 13 hours of classroom time. It was a blast!

I've been diving with a team of divers exploring Push Button Hill out of Stuart, FL. These have been some seriously deep dives with my teams deepest dive hitting 440'. I had been making notes about the trip and turned it into one post yesterday and threw in some pictures from the trip. We have generated a lot of interest for next year and we have had a couple companies reach out to supply some video lights.

Overall it was fun and exciting. I'm hanging my hat up for the remainder of the year for anything below 100m. I need to give my nerves and body a break. I am standing by for the bash fest.

http://swfltechdivers.com/pushbuttonhill/
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Small world, I met Kate Swanson over Memorial Day this past summer. Nothing fancy, I was on a Lion fish hunting trip that didn't go as well as I would have liked but that's a different story.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 8:10:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Small world, I met Kate Swanson over Memorial Day this past summer. Nothing fancy, I was on a Lion fish hunting trip that didn't go as well as I would have liked but that's a different story.
View Quote
Love killing lionfish. They're fricken delicious
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 9:34:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Kate was awesome on safety. I think we had over half a dozen 80s hanging off of her at one point. She was glad to get my scooter. Haha

It really eases your mind to know your topside and in water support is on point.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 9:52:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It has been an insanely busy summer of diving for me. I have pretty much only taken one weekend off and that was to take the visual inspection, o2 clean, and valve rebuild classes from PSI. We did it all in one day and logged just over 13 hours of classroom time. It was a blast!

I've been diving with a team of divers exploring Push Button Hill out of Stuart, FL. These have been some seriously deep dives with my teams deepest dive hitting 440'. I had been making notes about the trip and turned it into one post yesterday and threw in some pictures from the trip. We have generated a lot of interest for next year and we have had a couple companies reach out to supply some video lights.

Overall it was fun and exciting. I'm hanging my hat up for the remainder of the year for anything below 100m. I need to give my nerves and body a break. I am standing by for the bash fest.

http://swfltechdivers.com/pushbuttonhill/
View Quote
Nice!
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 9:34:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Last week I was diving the wall at wazee . Maxed out at 142 on a solo dive. Was first of three that day rest were 128 and 110. I only got scolded by two people I spose it was kinda dumb but it was actually the most comfortable I've felt in the water to date course i could have been narced out of my gourd too but hey I'm still here so ehhh
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 10:45:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Last week I was diving the wall at wazee . Maxed out at 142 on a solo dive. Was first of three that day rest were 128 and 110. I only got scolded by two people I spose it was kinda dumb but it was actually the most comfortable I've felt in the water to date course i could have been narced out of my gourd too but hey I'm still here so ehhh
View Quote
Have to get up to Wazee next year. Hopefully before the Deco Procedures deep dives.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 4:45:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Have to get up to Wazee next year. Hopefully before the Deco Procedures deep dives.
View Quote
Hopefully viz is better next year. I try to dive there as much as possible. 40ft and up it's 5-15 ft but once you get below 60 it keeps getting better and better. 50+ft at 120
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 9:41:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It has only been relatively recently that rebreathers have really gotten to the point of reliability that for many dives they make more sense than running open circuit. In addition the rising cost of helium makes doing a lot of open circuit on mixed gases prohibitive.
View Quote
Cost and availability.  My tech instructor and I were going to buy some and head to the gulf and get certified together. Our gas supplier can't get it for us.  He can't fulfill orders for his existing clients, so he won't take in any more.
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 9:46:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
147' on air diving a wall at the local lake.

Narcosis was setting in and I confirmed my theory that narcosis makes me a paranoid bastard.
It was a non stop routine of checking gas, checking light, checking depth, buoyancy, spare lights, and then repeating non stop.
It was bad enough that it almost took the fun out of the dive.
View Quote
Which lake?  We were going to do my check out dives on Ouachita, but decided wrecks in the gulf next weekend are a better idea. 140ish in Ouachita doesn't appeal to me.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 1:36:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I might be diving with the author if shadow divers this week.

And my deepest was 130 on the ultra freeze in Miami. It's also the wreck that I ran out of air on in 130. That last pull on a reg at depth is something I'll never forget.
View Quote
I had a light implode at about 140 feet. It was back in the late 80's on a night dive when only rich guys had computers.
All I had was a luminescent gauge set that had been in my bag, in the dark, for a couple of days.
I had just got to the bottom.
I watched my partner disappear into the dark.
I still don't know how I didn't die. I broke the surface at the end of the long line.
I don't think I would want to go 100' now.
Be safe, have fun.
(I have been blown down to a couple hundred feet in commercial dive school.
In a chamber the size of a large propane tank, the moisture along with the flatulence of your classmates makes decompression an interesting experience... )
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 2:19:45 AM EDT
[#12]
My deepest is only about 52' but then again I'm holding my breath and bailing if I don't see anything to shoot.

Do you see amazing life at that depth or is it mostly the thrill of pushing that far into the abyss?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top