Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 121
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 1:38:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The My7's hybrid kit really delivers and aerosol, and they run for 2-3 days of heavy use on one charge/refill.  Very cheap to run.

Buy with confidence.

My7's Hybrid Kit.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 1:50:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm about a year and a half into vaping. I have used almost every standard and mods out there with exception of the Darwin. Tried bottom feeders, not for me. I have tried many different tank set ups, meh.

I also had a huge GG collection. While they are great products, I sold most of them. I did keep an Ody and Pennelopy.

After months of trial and many errors I have settled on a great set up. I have 2 Provaris. One V1 standard and a V2 Mini. I run HH357 attys and AVE juice. I am still using my first HH357 and it has had over 250mls of juice through it, still hitting hard. I did switch to 3ohm HH357s as they allow more flexibility with voltage on a Provari.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 1:57:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By saabdrifter:

I'm about a year and a half into vaping. I have used almost every standard and mods out there with exception of the Darwin. Tried bottom feeders, not for me. I have tried many different tank set ups, meh.

I also had a huge GG collection. While they are great products, I sold most of them. I did keep an Ody and Pennelopy.

After months of trial and many errors I have settled on a great set up. I have 2 Provaris. One V1 standard and a V2 Mini. I run HH357 attys and AVE juice. I am still using my first HH357 and it has had over 250mls of juice through it, still hitting hard. I did switch to 3ohm HH357s as they allow more flexibility with voltage on a Provari.

Where shall I buy all of this?

Link Posted: 9/25/2012 1:59:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xdoctor] [#4]

Originally Posted By Subnet:

I think I'm going all in with a provari and tank.

Somebody tell me who to give my money to, because I'm probably going to order everything right now. Provari, tank, fluid, etc.

The provari is provape.com

Tanks are all about the same, but I'd shy away from Totally Wicked.  Everything they have is someone else's product, rebadged as their own and marked up.  Here's a handful of sites where you can order decent tanks at a decent price:

http://www.vaporescence.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=35

These are the liquinator tanks, I really like them.  The 3ml or the 5ml will work well, the phat and bft tanks will look a little silly because they're way wider than the provari.

cloudsofvapor.com

He has about ten different tanks, all of them decent.

http://electronicstix.com/J-TANKS+AND+J-TANK+PARTS/J-TANKS.html

The J-Tank from electronicstix is one of my favorites.

http://bigdaddyvapor.com/index.php

If you don't mind spending a few extra bucks, these guys make steel tanks colored to match the current Provari colors.  

Pretty much anywhere you buy a tank can sell you some cartomizers.  You can either get the prepunched ones or punch them yourself with a self tapping valve, or cut a small slot with a dremel.  3ml tank uses a single coil cartomizer, 5ml uses a dual coil.  You want stainless finish because the black sticker on the black ones can make them too wide to fit in the tanks.  

Link Posted: 9/25/2012 2:01:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By xdoctor:

Somebody tell me who to give my money to, because I'm probably going to order everything right now. Provari, tank, fluid, etc.

Tanks are all about the same, but I'd shy away from Totally Wicked.  Everything they have is someone else's product, rebadged as their own and marked up.  Here's a handful of sites where you can order decent tanks at a decent price:

http://www.vaporescence.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=35

These are the liquinator tanks, I really like them.  The 3ml or the 5ml will work well, the phat and bft tanks will look a little silly because they're way wider than the provari.

cloudsofvapor.com

If you don't mind spending a few extra bucks, these guys make steel tanks colored to match the current Provari colors.  

Atomizer suggestion?

Link Posted: 9/25/2012 2:03:57 PM EDT
[#6]

cloudsofvapor.com

Atomizer suggestion?  

I beat you with the edit.

Link Posted: 9/25/2012 2:05:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Avid Vapers sells HH357 attys. They are built in the US and last forever. They have a little learning curve, but rock once you get it right.

If you buy a Provari get 2.5 or 3 ohm ones, they allow you to adjust voltage more the LR ones.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 3:03:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Been smoking a pack a day for almost 20 years, want to quit. Will these help?  

What would you all recommend to get just to try it out.
I am looking for cheap as funds are tight right now.

Link Posted: 9/25/2012 3:10:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By bigern26:

I never had another cigarette after I got my eGo (which is a decent "starter kit" IMHO). Been nearly 2 years now, though, I still vape all day. It's tons cheaper in the long run if you can stay away from the "latest and greatest" mods.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 3:11:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Just quit

Link Posted: 9/25/2012 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Jeebus.

I think ill just go get some chantix....
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 3:42:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By Mr_Harry:

Just quit

I did.  Three years ago.  I used an electronic cigarette to do it.  

Originally Posted By pilotman:

Jeebus.

Good luck man, hope it works better for you than it did for me.  All it ever did for me was cause massive heartburn and incredibly realistic and violent dreams that I confused with reality.  

Link Posted: 9/25/2012 3:48:43 PM EDT
[#13]

I smoked a pack a day for 16 years and quit.  You can too.

Link Posted: 9/25/2012 3:57:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Congrats Victorgonzales, feels a lot better to be smoke free, Its been almost 2 months for me and ita a wonderful feeling to not need cigs and knowing that you wont smell to others!

I see others have answered your question, but I would like to add that if you go for vivi nova for tank, do not buy from anywhere else than gotvapes.com, gotvapes sells genuine Vision Vivi Nova products, other places sells chinese knock offs.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 3:58:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Jeebus.

I would say stay away from chantix, they are much more dangerous than cigs from what I have heard of the horror stories. I know some have had no issues with chantix but the odds is way too high IMO.

But good luck with which path you choose to quit cigarettes.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 4:49:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Good timing for this thread. Wife and I got eGo c kits last week. Using 24mg jce and this is day 2 without any real cigs and I can NOT get a decent nicotine buzz to save my life. I can sit here puffing on this thing for 20 minutes and still want more. Advice?

Also, we're using 1.6 ml clearomizers and I'd like to get someone that holds more juice and maybe gives a bit more vapor.  What carts/clearomizers etc should I look at?
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 4:55:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Keymaster4225:
Good timing for this thread. Wife and I got eGo c kits last week. Using 24mg jce and this is day 2 without any real cigs and I can NOT get a decent nicotine buzz to save my life. I can sit here puffing on this thing for 20 minutes and still want more. Advice?

Also, we're using 1.6 ml clearomizers and I'd like to get someone that holds more juice and maybe gives a bit more vapor.  What carts/clearomizers etc should I look at?

I use the dual coil stainless 5ml tanks exclusively.  litecig.us has 'em for $4 or so.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By WinstonSmith:

I use the dual coil stainless 5ml tanks exclusively.  litecig.us has 'em for $4 or so.

They work on the eGo I assume?  Do those have atomizer inside like the clearomizers?
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 5:18:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By WinstonSmith:

They work on the eGo I assume?  Do those have atomizer inside like the clearomizers?

Yup and yup.  Made for the eGo. They're about as long themselves as the 900mah battery.

Specifically, these:

At this link.

I've used the clear ones there too.  They're fine, but I beat 'em up and noticed some small cracks around the base around the time it started getting funky.  I use them for maybe a month and then toss 'em.  I don't worry about repacking or any of that.  Four bucks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 5:46:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Danner130:
The My7's hybrid kit really delivers and aerosol, and they run for 2-3 days of heavy use on one charge/refill.  Very cheap to run.

Buy with confidence.

My7's Hybrid Kit.

2-3 days out of a 650mAh battery, you arent a heavy vaper. my 1100mAh batteries only lasted a day the same with my 1000mAh adjustable voltage EGO twist. i refill a boge 2.0 standard carto probably once an hour if not more often to keep them wet so they last longer. i easily get a month out of a boge carto.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 10:37:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone want to take one for the team and try this tank out? Z Atty Pro from Provape

150 bucks!
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 2:46:05 AM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By Husky79:

Anyone want to take one for the team and try this tank out? Z Atty Pro from Provape

http://youtu.be/ZxGfAmIcs70

150 bucks!

I've used one.  It was pretty good if you don't mind building your own coils.  

Link Posted: 9/26/2012 2:50:26 AM EDT
[#23]

150 bucks!

I've used one.  It was pretty good if you don't mind building your own coils.  

There's nothing to that... and apparently they last a good while.

I've been pondering giving it a whirl, but I'm not sure which direction I want to go in yet.

Link Posted: 9/26/2012 2:53:13 AM EDT
[#24]

I used Nicorette, the gum. I smoked about 20 years too, though the last 5 or so years I was rolling my own and going through a pouch of Drum a week or so. The generic gum is ok, but the brand name is much better.

The gum will cost about the same, maybe slightly less than cigarettes, so it won't be an up-front money saver.

STICK TO THE PLAN that comes with the gum. If you need an extra piece to control the craving, go for it. But, follow the plan as much as humanely possible, and do not cheat with a cigarette...the gum has more nicotine than a smoke so you should be good.

Bring a sharp penknife with you everywhere as the bubble packs are a bitch to open, especially when you're having a nicfit

Follow the plan and in a few months you'll be down to a couple pieces a day, then it's just one tiny step to ditch the gum entirely. I quit in Oct of 2006 and haven't even wanted a cigarette since. (Excluding the occasional "I'm really drunk and want one" moment, but I never did give into that temptation). Yes, it takes some time, but you want to do it right, don't you? It's worth it.

I smoked since I was 11 and quit when I was just shy of 31...if I can do it, so can anyone else.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 2:59:07 AM EDT
[#25]
I'll put my experience here.

couple years ago I was trying to find a way to quit smoking. Friend showed me vapor4life pen style ecig. I liked it, bought the starter kit.

a week after having it, It was not cutting it for me. still smoked a pack a week. (i orginally smoked a pack a day)found out about ECF http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com found tons of information about refilling my cartomizers. So  i started doing that. Still not good enough for me. So I quit and went back to analogs.

couple months ago, I decided I needed to try again, checked vapor4life website, saw the OEM EGO kit. bought the kit, huge improvement! But still smoked a cig or 2 a day. Decided to try different E-liquid vendors, found Freedomsmokeusa.com to be my pick for my pomergrante daily vape. Yum!

Did research, tried different tanks, cartomizers, clearomizers, spent bunch of money. Still smoking a cig or 2 a day. Found Vivi nova 2.5 tank, That is the best investment in tank! (tip for vivi nova 2.5 is to cut the wick just so that it touches the side of the walls)

Started to experiment PG/VG ratios, found 70%PG 30%VG to be my choice, great taste, great vapor, good throat hit. Still... smoking a cig or 2 a day....

August arrived, was getting a bit frustrated and noticed that I am starting to get anexity because I was not get the sastification I wanted like i get from regular analogs. So i decided to do more research on VV (variable voltage) APV's (Advanced Personal Vaporizer) after long reading, asking questions on ECF, everyone says to get the Provari. But the pricetag for the Provari was too hard for me to belive i should get it. I was just about to get a Bolt or Vmax. But people urged me to just wait and get the Provari. Still unsure if the Provari will sastify me, i was afraid it would not and then i would have 250 bucks down the toilet.

One day I was cleaning my office, noticed my change jar was full. Decided to put it in a larger glass jar, found other jars that had change in it. Filled it all in the big jar that I posted on ARFcom for you all to guess (for those who saw that thread) Results came and it was 295 bucks! I decided that I would use that to get the Provari. So i ordered the Provari starter kit.

Kit arrived Aug 17th. Opened the box, got battery in, read some info online first, like user manual etc.. Screwed my Vivi Nova 2.5 with 2.4 ohm head and my 70/30 mix pomergrante juice in. Set voltage to 4.3v First draw, WOW! MAJOR improvment!!!! I was so pleased with the results, huge VAPOR, excellent throat hit, the flavor production improved greatly too!!

Ever since I got the Provari on Aug 17th 2012, I have not had a single cigarette!!!

I have spent about I would estimate 400-500 dollars in search for the best equimpent for myself to quit cigarette completely! When I first started back on E-Cig few months ago, i did hear about Provari, but avoided that due to that it was a big battery and 510 thread, plus the price tag. I just wished I bought the Provari in the first place and I could have saved like 200-300 dollars.

So I suggest you to look into a VV device, a Vmax, Bolt, Lavatube, or Vapor4life's OMG VV which is 99.99 for the starter kit that includes some goodies too. Or just get the Provari and be done with it, also Vivi Nova 2.5 kit too.

My Provari lasts me 1 and half day. The pen style batteries would last me 3-4 hours. The EGO would last me 6-8 hours. Alsoe other thing is that those are not regulated, VV kits are regulated so that means the voltage will stay at the specific set voltage until the battery runs out of juice. That was one major issue with me, because with the EGO, once I take it off the charger, it is the best for about 3-5 draws then it just get weaker afer that, that frustrated me. but with VV its no longer a issue.

Here is picture of my Viv Nova 2.5 on my Provari. The black one is the EGO with no cartomizer or anything attached to it.

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r515/Walleye05/20120818_113102.jpg

Go with the Vivi Nva tank....I've tried everything and this works and does not leak...
You will need to clean it and replace the atomizer head every few days, but they are cheap and it's worth it....
I can use this thing all day without fail...be go with something with 18650 batteries for the base unit...they last damned near all day.

Link Posted: 9/26/2012 3:25:40 AM EDT
[#26]

150 bucks!

Yeah his stuff sure is spensive, but it's nice...

I just watched that vid. IMO it looks like a good piece of kit.

Seems well designed, well made, very serviceable, and so on. I see nothing to dislike there.

I wouldn't think twice about buying a Provari and that tank, if I had the cash to throw around.

Talking $350 for that setup... ffs, that's a lot of bread.

Then again, there is a lot of competition, and it's growing daily. So many choices now.

As I mentioned above, I've been thinking about trying a rebuildable atty tank...

I have no idea which way I want to go with that, just want to try something different from cartos for a change.

I've also been eyeballing this shit,

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/smoktech-max-vv-devices/

but I have to admit I'm leery of the quality and quality control. I hate gambling with money.

Link Posted: 9/26/2012 3:28:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Belt-Fed] [#27]
I have been smoke free for 31 days...

I used a joyetechwith a dct tank to do it. I started with .12mg nicotene vg juice for the first two weeks and blew out a cartomizer from constant vaping. the last two weeks I've been on 0 nic juice and the cravings go away a little more each day. I really only vape now in the car, which makes sense because I always smoked like a chimney when driving

I feel so much better now, and I have saved at least $200 so far .  

I have decided since I'm saving all this money, I might as well pick up a new hobby like stamp collecting                 and that really motivates me
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 3:33:27 AM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By Belt-Fed:

I have decided since I'm saving all this money, I might as well pick up a new hobby like stamp collecting                 and that really motivates me

Good for you dude!

Link Posted: 9/26/2012 4:23:30 AM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By gonzo_beyondo:

150 bucks!

Yeah his stuff sure is spensive, but it's nice...

I just watched that vid. IMO it looks like a good piece of kit.

Seems well designed, well made, very serviceable, and so on. I see nothing to dislike there.

I wouldn't think twice about buying a Provari and that tank, if I had the cash to throw around.

Talking $350 for that setup... ffs, that's a lot of bread.

Then again, there is a lot of competition, and it's growing daily. So many choices now.

As I mentioned above, I've been thinking about trying a rebuildable atty tank...

I have no idea which way I want to go with that, just want to try something different from cartos for a change.

I've also been eyeballing this shit,

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/smoktech-max-vv-devices/

but I have to admit I'm leery of the quality and quality control. I hate gambling with money.

I would just wait.  Wasn't that long ago I couldn't even find a tube mod and the tank option was expensive and out of stock.   Now the system is cheap. It's everywhere , and all the bugs are worked out. I am completely satisfied.  If that shit is the new top notch it wont be another  year before everyone else has the same thing at half the price.  This market is moving incredibly fast.

Link Posted: 9/26/2012 4:40:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Mods like the darwin and the provari, IMHO, aren't worth the price when
there's a ton of other VV mods and voltage-reading/voltage-regulating
accessories out there for a hell of a lot cheaper...and that's coming from someone that's been in the e-cig world for over a year and has built several hundred mods/sold several hundred mod e-cig kits/etc.

Those super high priced mods and accessories are meant to appeal to the hobbyist vapers that can afford to piss away their money on such items.  There's a world of cheap starter e-cigs, mods, atties, cartos, carts, tanks, etc that the chances are good you'll find your perfect vape without having to mortgage your house.

That's not saying stuff like the provari is garbage, though.  Just too damn expensive.

Link Posted: 9/26/2012 9:54:27 PM EDT
[#31]

Originally Posted By victorgonzales:

I would just wait.  Wasn't that long ago I couldn't even find a tube mod and the tank option was expensive and out of stock.   Now the system is cheap. It's everywhere , and all the bugs are worked out. I am completely satisfied.  If that shit is the new top notch it wont be another  year before everyone else has the same thing at half the price.  This market is moving incredibly fast.

Yeah I'm in no rush dude, I'm very satisfied with my setup as well, which is why I've recommended it so strongly.

Still, there is a failure rate with carto QC issues, and the idea of rebuildable atomizers, that are tank fed, appeals to me.

Every time I get a dud or leaky carto it gets to me a little more. Yet other times you get a carto that lasts twice what it should...

So I guess it kinda works itself out, and the money wasted on a dud is trivial, but it's one of those things that just irks me.

I wish Smoktech would get their shit together and make em mo'betta.

Link Posted: 9/27/2012 12:26:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Very helpful thread! Thanks to all who have contributed their time and expertise.

Looking to get started and buy once cry once, and I want to be sure I have my head wrapped around this before I hit checkout. There's a lot of jargon and slang in the E-Cig world it seems, so if one of the more experienced users could verify that I'm good to go then that would be great:

ProVari + Extension Cap + 2 x 18650 Batteries + Charger from ProVape
ViVi Nova 3.5ml V 2.5 Tank from GotVapes
1.8 ohm and 2.4 ohm ViVi Nova Heads from GotVapes
Various E-Liquids from MyFreedomSmokes

Am I missing anything?

Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:20:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigern26] [#33]
Is this a good setup for a beginner?
http://www.madvapes.com/ego-dual-coil-cartomizer-35ml-tank-kit.html
http://www.madvapes.com/dual-coil-510-tank-cartomizer-35ml-smoke.html
http://freedomsmokeusa.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=372

Also how long does a bottle of juice last usually? I smoke a pack a day would a bottle atleast last more than a day?
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:53:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: johnny_dot_exe] [#34]

Is this a good setup for a beginner?

http://www.madvapes.com/ego-dual-coil-cartomizer-35ml-tank-kit.html

http://www.madvapes.com/dual-coil-510-tank-cartomizer-35ml-smoke.html

http://freedomsmokeusa.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=372

If you get the eGo kit you don't need the tank in your second link.  The kit looks like it has two carto tanks and four of the carto tank refills.  eGo kits are awesome startup kits but if you're like most people you'll
eventually want longer battery life, something those 900mah batteries
don't excel in.  I've heard reports of 900mah lasting a day, but most get anywhere from 2 to 6 hours depending on how much they vape.
No one will be able to help you on liquid choice beyond recommending popular vendors, popular nic level, and popular ratio.  After doing this for almost 2 years I'd say those would be freedomsmokeusa, 24mg, and 70/30 pg/vg.  Adjust the latter two accordingly based on your own personal needs/tastes.
I just priced the following for a friend which would result in a LOT more battery life than the ego kit and total cost shipped from MV was $63.48.

The vape will be about the same as your ego kit but the 18650 battery holds a charge(full 3.7v vape) much longer than the ego 900mah.  Either one will do the trick and both have a 510 connector to use all the various carts, cartos, atties, tanks, etc on the market so it all pretty much depends on what you want to spend.
You can substitute the plastic bolt for the metal bolt which is around $15 more.  They have more carto tank refills in higher/lower resistances, and each resistance option has three hole options...single, dual, triple.  IME the single punched cartos work the best and the dual/triple punched tend to flood.  I believe the tanks also come in 5ml but they're going to be more expensive than the 3.5ml.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 12:10:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Cool thanks, So how much vaping can I expect from a bottle of juice?

Also does the duel coil cartomizer basically replace a atomizer and tank?
Or am I getting parts mixed up?
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 12:15:07 AM EDT
[#36]

Originally Posted By Speedie:

Very helpful thread! Thanks to all who have contributed their time and expertise.

Looking to get started and buy once cry once, and I want to be sure I have my head wrapped around this before I hit checkout. There's a lot of jargon and slang in the E-Cig world it seems, so if one of the more experienced users could verify that I'm good to go then that would be great:

ProVari + Extension Cap + 2 x 18650 Batteries + Charger from ProVape

ViVi Nova 3.5ml V 2.5 Tank from GotVapes

1.8 ohm and 2.4 ohm ViVi Nova Heads from GotVapes

Various E-Liquids from MyFreedomSmokes

Am I missing anything?

Sounds good to me.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 12:18:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: johnny_dot_exe] [#37]

Cool thanks, So how much vaping can I expect from a bottle of juice?

I go through about 3-4ml/day on my Reo Mini which is a bottom-feeder with a 1.5ohm dewicked/debridged atomizer and 18mg liquid.

When I switch to my ThagBuilt copper-tube, which is basically just a fancy version of that plastic bolt, I go through about 2ml/day and that's on the 3.5ml/1.5ohm dual coil tank carto with 30mg liquid.

This all heavily depends on your own personal taste and vape habit.  Once you settle in you'll quickly figure out if you need less or more nicotine, how much liquid you go through and how often you'll need to order, and if you want to adjust for more PG or more VG(both explained on page 1 and 2).

You can reduce liquid ordering frequency and save a few bucks by ordering larger amounts but this is a decision best made once you know the nic level, ratio, and flavor you like...otherwise you can get stuck with a $25+ bottle of liquid you dislike.  Start small, maybe 10ml bottles of various flavors until you find something you really enjoy.  You also shouldn't run multiple flavors through the same carto refill unless you clean them which can be a pain in the ass(boiling, vodka, syringe flush, etc).  The tanks themselves can be taken apart and rinsed out easily.

ETA:  Haven't seen it mentioned yet but liquids can get better with age so don't throw out the ones you dislike unless you just plain couldn't stand them, and even then give this method a try.  There is a process called "steeping" where you leave the bottle cap and dripper off overnight, recap it and shake well the next day, then let it sit capped for up to a week or more in a dark/cool spot.  I've had some liquids that were "meh" and ended up being pretty damn good after a week of steeping.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 12:22:26 AM EDT
[#38]

Also how long does a bottle of juice last usually? I smoke a pack a day would a bottle atleast last more than a day?

There are a lot of variables with that.

I'm not going to try and really stab guesses with gear I haven't used or juice I haven't tried, and so on.

However, I can tell you that I go through about 3.5 to 5ml per day.

I buy four, 36ml sized bottles of 24mg and 32mg juice, at a time since they're buy 3 get 1 at the place I prefer.

Then I switch between the nic levels, just depending on how I feel that day.

I've got a high tolerance to nicotine, I wouldn't suggest starting off with more than 24mg, most start with 18mg.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 12:23:31 AM EDT
[#39]

Originally Posted By AKMfreak:
I've been happy w/ e-Go C Type A. 1000mAh batteries.

https://www.cignot.com/product_p/kit-egc-all.htm

2400mAh 18650 FTW.

And less than $10 each to replace or stock and rotate.

The fuck-in-the-ass with the eGo or any other proprietary setup is paying 5x what a battery should cost.

Panasonic just released their NRC18650B cells at 3400mAh.  Protected cells are starting to hit the boutique dealers now, but at about $27, they're spendy.  3100s are closer to $14 for protected Pannie cells.

All you Ecig guys, stay away from the crappy XXXXFire cells and chargers.

Xtar WP2II, Xtar SP2, Pila, those are quality chargers.

Anything with the Panasonic, Sanyo or Samsung cells are fine.

Chris

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 12:27:11 AM EDT
[#40]

Yeah, you're confused a little.

A tank is a big outer juice reservoir.

That's all.

You still need EITHER a cartomizer, or atomizer, inside the tank.

They make tanks for either one.

I personally use cartomizers with DCT tanks, both single and dual coil cartos at that.

Haven't gone down the tank/atty road so I can't address that. Well, I could, but I'd be talking out my ass on it.
PSA:

This is the Arfcom of Ecigs: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 12:30:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gonzo_beyondo] [#41]

Originally Posted By ChrisGarrett:

2400mAh 18650 FTW.

The fuck-in-the-ass with the eGo or any other proprietary setup is paying 5x what a battery should cost.

Panasonic just released their NRC18650B cells at 3400mAh.  Protected cells are starting to hit the boutique dealers now, but at about $27, they're spendy.  3100s are closer to $14 for protected Pannie cells.

Chris

I just ordered a Panasonic IMR 18650 to try out. It's 2400mah for $9.95, so it's cheap enough to be worth trying/testing.

I have a pair of Trustfire 18650s and a pair of Ultrafire 18650s, plus four Ultrafire 16340s...

which have been in service, meaning daily charge and rotation, for between 1-2 years depending on the set (pair).

I've yet to have a problem bro.
eta: Correction! Just double checked... the Panasonic IMR I have on the way is 2250mah

Shows on my invoice as:

Panasonic IMR CGR18650CH

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 12:31:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: johnny_dot_exe] [#42]

Originally Posted By ChrisGarrett:

2400mAh 18650 FTW.

Chris

Trustfire and Ultrafires are decent batteries for the price and they're no more unsafe than anything Panasonic(AW) makes.  As long as it's the right sized battery, 3.7v, and protected, you'll be fine.  The AWs are definitely better in regards to overall battery lifetime before having to toss 'em out.
It is worth noting that some places sell fake Trustfire/Ultrafire batteries, there's also fake AW and AW IMR batteries out there.  These are unsafe and give the real ones a bad reputation.  This is why I stress that people order from reputable vendors.
If someone is extremely concerned with popping a li-ion they can always go with the AW IMRs at the cost of battery life between charges.

ETA:  I've owned trusfire, ultrafire, AW, and AW IMR.  All have performed flawlessly and the only batteries I've tossed out so far were two TF 14500s after a year +/- of almost daily use.  They still worked but only lasted about half as long as when they were new.

ETA2:  While checking out some batteries at madvapes a few minutes ago I noticed some user reviews stating that their batteries didn't work and/or didn't fit their mod so they removed the "chip board extension" and it worked.  This right here is what gives batteries a bad name because sooner or later those unprotected batteries will explode from being shorted or drained to fast and that user will jump right back on the net to bash the brand.  DO NOT COMPROMISE OR REMOVE THAT PROTECTION CIRCUIT.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 12:37:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gonzo_beyondo] [#43]

Originally Posted By johnny_dot_exe:

Trustfire and Ultrafires are decent batteries for the price and they're no more unsafe than anything Panasonic(AW) makes.  As long as it's the right sized battery, 3.7v, and protected, you'll be fine.  The AWs are definitely better in regards to overall battery lifetime before having to toss 'em out.

It is worth noting that some places sell fake Trustfire/Ultrafire batteries, there's also fake AW and AW IMR batteries out there.  These are unsafe and give the real ones a bad reputation.  This is why I stress that people order from reputable vendors.

If someone is extremely concerned with popping a li-ion they can always go with the AW IMRs at the cost of battery life between charges.

They have little safety cutoffs these days too.

http://guidetovaping.com/2012/04/the-fuse2-cents-practice-safe-vaping/

But as for Li-ion, I just buy protected cells from reputable vendors, and try not to worry about it. So far, no probs.

Just trying the one IMR to see if the high drain aspect is worth it at all. As far as if there's any noticeable performance difference.

I'm looking to add four more cells into rotation, and really couldn't decide which.

So, since my vendor had these IMRs for a reasonable enough price, I just added one to the juice order to see how it compares.

Also, as for the mah difference in the cell ratings, that's too insignificant (on paper) to worry about.

However, if in practice I drain the fucker in half the normal time... that'll have considerable impact on my buying decisions.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 12:41:37 AM EDT
[#44]

Originally Posted By johnny_dot_exe:

ETA2:  While checking out some batteries at madvapes a few minutes ago I noticed some user reviews stating that their batteries didn't work and/or didn't fit their mod so they removed the "chip board extension" and it worked.  This right here is what gives batteries a bad name because sooner or later those unprotected batteries will explode from being shorted or drained to fast and that user will jump right back on the net to bash the brand.  DO NOT COMPROMISE OR REMOVE THAT PROTECTION CIRCUIT.

Fucktards will be fucktards.

I mean hell, why buy the right battery for your shit? What's the worst that could happen?!?!

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 12:42:56 AM EDT
[#45]

Depends.

I was at a pack a day for ten years when I tried one. After a day with it I said "fuck this shit" and went back to real cigarettes. I finally quit smoking with Copenhagen for a few months until I got disgusted with that habit and gave it up too. Switching to dip helped because it broke half my addiction at a time. The first addiction was the act of smoking, the second was the actual nicotine. The first was harder to give up. The second was fairly easy after that.

Some say it helps them quit but in my observations people vape for a while and end up right back on regular cigs once they tire of messing with finding the right atomizer, juice, etc, etc and spend a fortune in ecig accessories. I don't see how taking on a new habit that so closely simulates the one you're trying to quit will really help you quit rather than just continuing it in a slightly different way.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 12:44:24 AM EDT
[#46]

Originally Posted By Mr_Harry:
Just quit

I did.  Three years ago.  I used an electronic cigarette to do it.  

Jeebus.

Good luck man, hope it works better for you than it did for me.  All it ever did for me was cause massive heartburn and incredibly realistic and violent dreams that I confused with reality.  

I took Chantix for three weeks with no change at all. Other than constipation, heartburn and fucked up dreams. Three weeks into it and my cigarette cravings never wavered.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 12:46:59 AM EDT
[#47]

Originally Posted By Banjaxed:

Depends.

I was at a pack a day for ten years when I tried one. After a day with it I said "fuck this shit" and went back to real cigarettes. I finally quit smoking with Copenhagen for a few months until I got disgusted with that habit and gave it up too. Switching to dip helped because it broke half my addiction at a time. The first addiction was the act of smoking, the second was the actual nicotine. The first was harder to give up. The second was fairly easy after that.

Some say it helps them quit but in my observations people vape for a while and end up right back on regular cigs once they tire of messing with finding the right atomizer, juice, etc, etc and spend a fortune in ecig accessories. I don't see how taking on a new habit that so closely simulates the one you're trying to quit will really help you quit rather than just continuing it in a slightly different way.

You had a bad experience probably, no... quite likely owing to the device and cartridge, as well as the flavor, battery, and so on, of a shitkit.

I had a few cigs today after a couple weeks abstinence. I tell ya what... I sure as hell don't want to go back.

They're alright on occasion, but they mostly remind me how much I don't miss them. They're not enjoyable.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 1:00:44 AM EDT
[#48]

Depends.

You had a bad experience probably, no... quite likely owing to the device and cartridge, as well as the flavor, battery, and so on, of a shitkit.

I had a few cigs today after a couple weeks abstinence. I tell ya what... I sure as hell don't want to go back.

They're alright on occasion, but they mostly remind me how much I don't miss them. They're not enjoyable.

Quitting is different for everybody. Out of all the people I know who quit and stayed quit we all had our own individual methods for doing so. I'm always reluctant to condone ecigs as harm reduction method because there really are no long term studies and zero FDA oversight as to what goes into the mix. Independent lab tests have shown that the nicotine content almost always varies from what is marked on the package. They even found several "nicotine free" variants that did in fact contain nicotine. For quitting I don't personally know any who have quit that way and that is out of several firefighters and medics I work with who have tried them. Like I said, most end up back on real cigs eventually. I'm not an anti smoking Nazi at all and still enjoy the occasional cigar. I just think people who look to these as a method of quitting are kidding themselves. Like an alcoholic trying to go sober by drinking non alcoholic beer spiked with Everclear.

Now if you're not interested in quitting then by all means vape away if it makes you happy. You won't hear me complaining. My interest in them was to quit though and that's the question I addressed.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 1:04:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DuBri] [#49]
I ordered a provari v2 on advice from this thread.  Tomorrow makes 3 weeks cig free.  I cannot put into words how much better I feel.  More energy, better sense of taste and smell.  I probably smell way better to the nonsmokers in my life.  

When I first got it I vaped all day every day and probably took in a heck of a lot more nicotine than I usually did(had been averaging a pack every 2-3 days).  Now that the cool new toy factor wore off I'm back to just using it at times I'd normally have a cigarette(in the car on the way too and from work, and on breaks at work, having drinks with friends).

Best money I ever spent on anything ever, hands down.  

ETA:  I'll add that every other time I tried to quit smoking, the smell of cigs sparked a craving something fierce.  As it stands now they don't even phase me.  Wouldn't smoke a real one even if I forgot my e-cig.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 1:15:28 AM EDT
[#50]

Quitting is different for everybody. Out of all the people I know who quit and stayed quit we all had our own individual methods for doing so. I'm always reluctant to condone ecigs as harm reduction method because there really are no long term studies and zero FDA oversight as to what goes into the mix. Independent lab tests have shown that the nicotine content almost always varies from what is marked on the package. They even found several "nicotine free" variants that did in fact contain nicotine. For quitting I don't personally know any who have quit that way and that is out of several firefighters and medics I work with who have tried them. Like I said, most end up back on real cigs eventually. I'm not an anti smoking Nazi at all and still enjoy the occasional cigar. I just think people who look to these as a method of quitting are kidding themselves. Like an alcoholic trying to go sober by drinking non alcoholic beer spiked with Everclear.

Now if you're not interested in quitting then by all means vape away if it makes you happy. You won't hear me complaining. My interest in them was to quit though and that's the question I addressed.

We have several members here who've used them to quit.

I do realize quitting is different for everyone, but hell, even I walked away from cigs for 2 years, e-cig for 1 year.

If I didn't start smoking a hookah... I wouldn't have picked the e-cig back up at all.

But for me, my priorities were:

1.) avoiding the onerous taxation of the S-Chip program.

2.) Getting away from the chemicals in commercial cigarettes.

In all honesty, were it not for S-Chip, I wouldn't have wanted to quit.

My desire to smoke cigarettes is outweighed by my revulsion at supporting oblama's kids.

Now what ended up happening was that e-cigs woke me up to how nasty cigarettes actually are. And that was the end of it.

These days I do roll my own on occasion with natural "pipe" tobacco... but still, I don't miss the habit.

At the end of the day, I believe e-cigarettes are the best cessation method out there.

You're entitled to your opinion, but the numbers of people quitting cigs is growing rapidly.

The Chinese can't even keep up with all the demand for devices and cartomizers...

And as for juice, you can buy from reputable producers or even make your own. It's easy.

FDA regs? Don't they regulate cigarettes? Have you ever seen the ingredients list for cigarettes?

Yeah bro, I'm not concerned with the candy flavoring, the PG/VG, and nicotine. Not at all.

But I don't buy juice made in China either.

Page / 121
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top