Link Posted: 10/28/2018 9:06:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Here are some of mine from rotation:

Link Posted: 10/28/2018 9:46:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Pilot G2 10.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 8:35:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a couple of Ohto's and I use Pilot V5 refills.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 3:00:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Another fountain pen geek here.
My daily drivers at work are a pair of TWSBI Eco's, I keep one filled with blue ink and one with red.
Both are an extra fine nib.

I also recently got a Stipula Ventidue Tocco Ferro with a 1.1mm stub nib.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 3:00:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My two favorites, both Pelikan M400, the blue one has a fine nib, and the red has medium.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59378/pen4_JPG-725463.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59378/pen3_JPG-725464.jpg
View Quote
How do you like the Pelikans? I've heard a lot of good things about them.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 3:38:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 3:53:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 5:13:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Love them. First, the M400 nibs are polished 18K, so they are smooooothe. M200's have steel nibs.
Second, the piston twist fill reservoirs are large, and easy to fill neatly.
Third, they have just the right heft. Not too fat, not too skinny, not too light, not too heavy.
They are much more refined than the M200 series, and not nearly as expensive as the M 600's and M800's
The 800's are too fat for me, besides.

Overall, I like the Pelikan line more than the other brands, they just fit me right.
View Quote
Ill have to add one to the list of pens to get at some point.
The price seems pretty reasonable for a pen with a 18K gold nib compared to some others I've seen around.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 9:11:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I make all of my pens.
View Quote
For real or do you simply turn some wood and throw it on a pen kit?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:22:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I use fine point skillcraft pens.  
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055KSNYK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_k-c7Bb3PJE06B" target="_blank">https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055KSNYK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_k-c7Bb3PJE06B
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:07:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Pilot Vanishing Point or Visconti Homo Sapiens for my EDC.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:16:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

From my EE listing.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:15:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I've been using a Parker Jotter for a while now and I have to say, I'm quite impressed by it.  It's not as nice in writing as my Ohto, but it's better to carry and the click is nice for having with you.  The tip doesn't wander around in the pen like with cheaper pens, which has worked well for my writing.

I really like the ink in the Ohto dude pen though....goes on smooth, VERY fine tip, doesn't catch or drag.  Combine it with a Rhodia notebook and it's my perfect combo.  But it will stay at my desk as I do most of my writing there, and in the field I don't have nice paper (the thicker tip of the parker helps me not tear the paper in my cheaper notebooks I use in the field).

I tried a waterman ink for the Ohto recently.....nice ink, but the 0.5 tip on that ink cartridge is almost 2x as fat as the Ohto and I have found that I strongly like the finer tip of the Ohto much more.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 10:56:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Pilot Vanishing Point or Visconti Homo Sapiens for my EDC.
View Quote
i have been meaning to get A  Visconti but for right now i edc pilot g2's,  pilot limited g2's, pilot gel dr grips, and a $4.00 black and sliver Pilot Vanishing Point
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 3:19:43 PM EDT
[#16]
For notes in the field, a Parker jotter with gel fills.  For serious writing, either a Parker Urban or an Esterbrook with a fine nib.  I tend to run Parker ink.

MLG
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:05:31 PM EDT
[#17]
In my pocket today was a Lamy Swift rollerball an a Kaweco Perkeo w/medium nib and Waterman Blue-Black ink. Both have ink that dries quickly, important as I am a left handed sort of side/over writer. The Kaweco was initially kind of scratchy but a little time doing figure 8s on a legal dad's cardboard backing and it smoothed way out.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Mont-Blanc

Got it 15 yrs ago for 5th anniversary for company.

Still use it.

Txl
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 7:24:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Just ordered what I hope to be what I've been looking a while for......
Titanium, screw on cap, natively takes pilot g2 inks.

Odd name but they get good reviews.

The Right Choice Painting Company, titanium cap pen.

0.58oz

The next best option was the Machine Era markup pen.  But that's 1.6oz.  I like that a lot otherwise, but the weight is heavy for what I want.  It's more of a pen you keep in your pocket for quick notes and use other pens for longer writing.  Whereas what I wanted was a pen that I could use for a long time and stick in my pocket if I walk away from my desk.

Plus titanium. Bling bling.
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 8:58:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Rite in the rain.
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Pilot G2 or my Mont Blanc
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 12:30:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Just ordered what I hope to be what I've been looking a while for......
Titanium, screw on cap, natively takes pilot g2 inks.

Odd name but they get good reviews.

The Right Choice Painting Company, titanium cap pen.

0.58oz

The next best option was the Machine Era markup pen.  But that's 1.6oz.  I like that a lot otherwise, but the weight is heavy for what I want.  It's more of a pen you keep in your pocket for quick notes and use other pens for longer writing.  Whereas what I wanted was a pen that I could use for a long time and stick in my pocket if I walk away from my desk.

Plus titanium. Bling bling.
View Quote
Just picked up a Ti clicky from TRPC and a black w/orange Twist from Machine Era.

I wish l looked at the ME first but oh well
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 10:10:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Update:  the twist from Machine Era is sweeeet.  I love the way it writes and feels.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 1:11:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Black Fisher Space Pen for daily work use, and a fine nib Lamy LX for my daily personal jotting and scribbling.

I bought what I expect is a Chinese clone of a Mont Blanc Starwalker fountain pen at the RS bazaar in Kabul last year, and that was my very first foray into fountain pens. Surprisingly, it feels very nice in hand, and writes well. The ink flows like a firehose, though, so you can't linger in one spot too long.

A real MB fountain pen is in my future at some point.

I'm now casting about for a writer's slope for use overseas. I like journaling and letter writing, and the writer's slope is the perfect setup for me in my small living quarters, as I only have access to a desk at work.

I think it would be very cool to have an old British writer's box to use in Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 1:21:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Rotation includes:
Tuff Writer mini raw aluminum (edc)
Surefire 3
Hinderer stainless investigator pen

Link Posted: 8/1/2020 1:36:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Attachment Attached File

One of the above. Mont Blanc chiefly.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#27]
I jumped off the Pilot G2 bandwagon the day I was given a Uniball Signo 207 at a teacher training day. That was ten years ago.

I'm an FFL and its the pen I provide customers. It doesn't gum up like the G2's did.

I get mine at Costco, but Sams carries them as well.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I jumped off the Pilot G2 bandwagon the day I was given a Uniball Signo 207 at a teacher training day. That was ten years ago.

I'm an FFL and its the pen I provide customers. It doesn't gum up like the G2's did.

I get mine at Costco, but Sams carries them as well.
View Quote

The Signo in Brown is perfection. The store I used to buy them from went out of business though
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:58:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Retro51 Tornado
Like rollerballs but don't like caps

Link Posted: 2/5/2021 2:01:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Pen choice is like watches a different type for different situations.

My truck pens are Zebra G-402s

My Tuxedo pen is currently an S.T. DuPont Specter edition.

There are plenty of options in between.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:26:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Daily:  Pilot G2 blue ink, bold tip. It floats across the paper.

Formal occasions: Mont Blanc Legrande ballpoint
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 12:20:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Zebra G301; more durable than plastic, fit in a sleeve pocket, but cheap enough to toss if they get damaged or contaminated.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I make all of my pens.
View Quote

There he is.  Was looking through the thread and was gonna mention you.

Still have mine and those that were gifted still have theirs.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 8:53:51 PM EDT
[#34]
So, I stumbled upon a Kaweco AL Sport fountain pen in Golden Espresso while I was in DC freezing my balls off for the people who were so scared of us we had to clear the hotel lobby so they could walk through.

I love the Kaweco AL Sport line, and picked up another in Midnight Green just a couple of months ago.

This stuff is addictive, I must say.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Pen choice is like watches a different type for different situations.

My truck pens are Zebra G-402s

My Tuxedo pen is currently an S.T. DuPont Specter edition.

There are plenty of options in between.
View Quote

You bought a $1,000 pen?
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 4:24:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You bought a $1,000 pen?
View Quote

@SirSqueeboo

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top