Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2017 11:29:57 AM EDT
Recommend to me a battery powered nose, and ear hair trimmer that is easy to clean, and works well. A trimmer that doesn't that doesn't rust would be a real plus. I would prefer to keep the price around $60 if possible.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 11:32:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I pull nose hairs.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Pulling leads to possible infection and a degradation of sense of smell.  How about a non-powered option, particularly the GroomMate XL.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 11:37:20 AM EDT
[#3]
You want something that has a guard to trim the eyebrows too.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#4]
This is what you seek...

Link Posted: 3/4/2017 12:06:30 PM EDT
[#5]
They sell one at Harbor Freight Tools for under $10.
It uses a battery, and it works as well as the $30 one I had.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:35:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow, you guys gave me an abundance of great information. I would have done better posting on the general discussion fourm.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:07:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Zippo is the tool .
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:16:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Since turning 40, I have discovered that there is an actual need to trim my nose and ear hair.    The shit won't grow on my head anymore, has started to turn grey on my chest, but sprouts from my nose like a damned chia pet.

I've been through a couple of the battery-operated ones.   Not the rotary ones, but the ones that have the blade that look like a miniature hedge trimmer.   Every damn one of them stops working after a couple of months.  

I've seen that the manual-rotary ones get really good reviews... but they do nothing for the ears.  

Is there a single "grooming tool" out there that doesn't suck?  Or do I now require a variety of specialized devices?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:16:53 PM EDT
[#10]
$60 budget?! Geez! I just use a Wahl electric ear and nose trimmer I got from Wal-Mart for about $10...moneybags.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 3:08:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I use a Remington nose hair trimmer and it would work fine for ear hair, too, but I just use tweezers on the ear hair.  
They make a funny little squeek when you yank them out.  And it doesn't hurt at all.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 9:27:11 AM EDT
[#12]
I had an older Sharper Image one that was tilted, back when they were a real store.  Thing was awesome but died last year.  The current version sucks.  

Found the Panasonic ER430K.  So far going on a year with no issues and just changed the battery (1 AA).  No pulling or pinching.  Best part is it was about $20.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:36:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just use tweezers on the ear hair.  
They make a funny little squeek when you yank them out.  And it doesn't hurt at all.
View Quote
I tried that once. Pretty sure that hair in my left ear was attached to the back of my right eyeball.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:54:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Stihl///
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 8:36:56 AM EDT
[#15]
This topic reminds me of the wine bottle opening topic.

Marketing makes people,think old school solutions are inadequate. The truth is, they remain superior.

Link Posted: 4/9/2017 8:46:12 AM EDT
[#16]
The wife bought me a little pen style personal trimmer.  It works better than my old dedicated nose hair trimmer by a long shot...I had no idea how much hair was up there until I tried the thing.  $10 at Bed Bath Beyond. 
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The wife bought me a little pen style personal trimmer.  It works better than my old dedicated nose hair trimmer by a long shot...I had no idea how much hair was up there until I tried the thing.  $10 at Bed Bath Beyond. 
View Quote
Anything on this page?

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/category/health-beauty/grooming/trimmers-groomers/13587/1-24?pagSortOpt=DEFAULT-0&view=grid&_requestid=2049172
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anything on this page?

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/category/health-beauty/grooming/trimmers-groomers/13587/1-24?pagSortOpt=DEFAULT-0&view=grid&_requestid=2049172
Similar to this one.  Don't use the nose attachment, just run the thing like a hedge trimmer up there.

Proboscus defoliator

Link Posted: 4/9/2017 10:31:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Similar to this one.  Don't use the nose attachment, just run the thing like a hedge trimmer up there.

Proboscus defoliator

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anything on this page?

Proboscus defoliator

Interdasting, I've been contemplating doing just that with just that. I've never found those cylindrical cutting things to be worth a damn.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Bought myself the $9 Braun nose/ear hair trimmer at WM.  Used it so far a few times on my nose hairs.  Pulling them got annoying and difficult.

Edit - I wrong.  It's a Philips Norelco model.  Had it to use earlier today.
Top Top