Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2017 11:59:05 AM EDT
I can no longer support this guy
http://www.jsonline.com/story/money/business/2016/11/19/penzeys-owner-slams-donald-trump-supporters/94127222/

this is just one of the many he has put out since---fuck him

any other similar choices that either are not ultra lefty @#%%'s

gotta have a good variety, and various sizes of jars...not bulk places
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 1:09:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Folks here have recommended this place in lieu of that asshole's shop.

https://www.thespicehouse.com/
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 1:24:30 PM EDT
[#2]
SJW cuck bastard trying to be like the Starbucks CEO, among others.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 8:56:21 AM EDT
[#3]
he just sent another email today---good god this dude had gone off the deep end...

f him and his sjw bs (and his company)
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 10:27:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I use the Spice House now.  That's the original penzey family business before crazy Bill turned his own family into competition.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Hate to tell you but "The Spice House" Owners are relatives of the Penzys.  When a Penzy moved from Milwaukee to Chicago they opened the Spice House there.  They do have the best spices there tho.  Only place I could find Beau Monde for Prime Rib and their Old World Central is an amazing blend that I use on practically everything.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 11:55:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I work right next to their main building. It's horrible because when the wind is right you can smell it. It smells amazing. But I won't fold to temptation, I refuse to give that SOB one cent. 
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hate to tell you but "The Spice House" Owners are relatives of the Penzys.  When a Penzy moved from Milwaukee to Chicago they opened the Spice House there.  They do have the best spices there tho.  Only place I could find Beau Monde for Prime Rib and their Old World Central is an amazing blend that I use on practically everything.
View Quote
Good to know. But do they share his stupid views?
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 12:36:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I use the Spice House now.  That's the original penzey family business before crazy Bill turned his own family into competition.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 12:49:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:15:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently not because when little Bill went full retard after the election, and told all his Trump voting customers to buy their spices somewhere else, The Spice House welcomed them with the coupon code NOPOLITICS
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:20:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, the Spice House folks publicly stated that politics has no place in their business. They have great customer service too.... and Brother Alton has stated they're his favorite spice merchant.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 11:09:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Apparently not because when little Bill went full retard after the election, and told all his Trump voting customers to buy their spices somewhere else, The Spice House welcomed them with the coupon code NOPOLITICS
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Thanks for this info. Man, they have the best spices anywhere.  I'll say it again Old World Central blend is the bomb....
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:16:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Some health food stores sell spices in bulk. Just scoop what you need out of a big jar.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:24:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Some health food stores sell spices in bulk. Just scoop what you need out of a big jar.
View Quote
those tend to be stale due to poor turnover and improper storage. And of lesser quality to start with.
I stock up at Spice House when I need to; they post free shipping codes on their Fakebook page, generally near holidays. And their prices beat the grocery store.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:52:28 AM EDT
[#15]
his latest rant..:

"Today's also the last day for $5 gift boxes for teachers. This year, more than in a very long time, teachers and their students could use your support. We all see America through our own experience. Clearly for some older Americans who grew up in segregated suburban and rural areas it's been hard to let go of the belief that America's future has something to do with their white majority past. But the reality is that it's in the demographics of today's school-age children that America's future is being set in motion. In our schools the notion that any one skin hue-based group makes up the majority of our nation is a ship that has already sailed.
While the president's open racism wins him support from his base, it's in our schools where the price for that open racism is paid. For his base there is applause for pardoning the white sheriff who illegally profiled and arrested innocent people by race, saying there were "very fine people" among those with a history of genocide against minorities, and insulting the mothers of athletes brave enough to suffer the consequences of taking a knee to bring awareness to racism in America. But for the "minority" kids that now make up the majority of our schools, as they try to figure out what future is possible for them in this country, these messages are incredibly disheartening.
How do teachers motivate and encourage all students in the face of this message that America is not equally for everyone that is coming from our very highest office? I'm not sure. "
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 7:11:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Spice House addict here.  Love their stuff.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 4:56:42 PM EDT
[#17]
latest..now with more derp and knee-jerk anti-gun

"A note on Las Vegas:
We were planning to start this free shipping with just $20 spending instead of the usual $30 in an emailing yesterday, but with the news out of Las Vegas it seemed right to hold off. Visiting family out that way over the years we've stayed at that very location a half dozen times. Just this past July, looking out those windows down onto the Strip, I never imagined... For those that forever lost loved ones, for those forced to witness that loss, for everyone who makes up the greater community of the southern end of the Strip, there will be an extra weight to be carried for years to come; for many for the rest of their lives. And for what? It really is something right out of the Bridge on the River Kwai. It really is "Madness."

I think we were all ready for the prepared, well-rehearsed NRA talking points that this is not the place—that now is not the time—to talk about why so many lives must be lost time after time. And those well-rehearsed words were indeed delivered by so many of our elected officials beholden to today's NRA. But where in the past their unified repeating of these words had somehow created a sense of unified defense, this time they just ring hollow. Yesterday so many across so many platforms were already willing to challenge the gun lobby and say of course directly in the wake of a shooting like Las Vegas it is absolutely both the place and time to talk sense about guns. This is something very different, something very hopeful.

Yes, to swear to uphold the Constitution is to swear to uphold its Second Amendment, and with it Americans' right to keep and bear arms. But it's also equally a pledge to regulate militias well. As much as it seems today we are willing to accept individuals as militias, clearly in the quantity and types of weapons possessed by Sunday night's shooter we've failed to uphold the half of the second amendment that its writers felt came first. The right to keep and bear arms is undeniable, but there is no right to self regulate the type or quantity of arms and ammunition that can be kept. That job falls to Congress.

The time has come for our leaders in Washington to take inspiration from the heroes in Las Vegas who had the courage to time and again place themselves in harm's way to save those who fell around them. It's time for our representatives in government to stop doing the job the gun lobby is paying them to do, and start doing the job they were elected to do. If only after Sandy Hook Congress would have shown a tiny fraction of the courage the heroes of Sunday night displayed, thousands less would be grieving today.

At the heart of cooking is the notion of when we look out for and take care of each other the world becomes a better place. Letting the gun industry write our gun laws is pretty much the opposite of taking care of each other. All it takes is a bit of backbone to cast the simple common sense votes that each year could save hundreds of thousands of Americans from losing loved ones to senseless gun violence. No one should have to witness what so many in Las Vegas witnessed Sunday night. Please speak out, and please don't wait. Now is always the time.

Thanks again,
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Me and my family did buy all our spice there.

But looks like they went full retard
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 2:18:44 PM EDT
[#19]
I get most of my spices at restaurant supply stores.  Smart N Final has most of what I need.  We have a UUuuuuge Asian/international store that has the more exotic stuff I use.  They also have massive aisle in the store with every type of noodle on the face of the earth.   Lee Lee International Supermarket.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 11:29:31 AM EDT
[#20]
his latest emails have been toned WAAAY down....thinking it finally caught up to him.

no, I will not give him another chance.  he went off the deep end on most of those previous emails---im out....
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 9:31:46 AM EDT
[#21]
again...attacking ALL republicans or anyone who voted for Trump....he seems to really like painting with a broad brush...
(he says to share his email...so here it is...)

Rejoice! A week ago today something special happened in Virginia, in our country, and on our planet with the election of Danica Roem to Virginia's House of Delegates. Once seated in January, Danica Roem will be America's first openly transgender person serving in a state legislature in America's history. This is good. This is right. This is big.

And it's not just Ms. Roem's victory, but the nature of her victory that is such great reason for happiness. Her opponent, the self-labeled Virginia's "chief homophobe" just last year introduced a North Carolina-style bathroom bill targeting transgender students. Of course these types of bills have nothing to do with what actually happens in restrooms and everything to do with firing up the conservative base by legitimizing cruelty to those most vulnerable. But unlike the past dozen times he was up for reelection where he was rewarded for his behavior, this time turned out very different.

I still marvel at the way cooking and sharing meals together works to set better lives in motion. From preventing incarceration and teen pregnancy, to overcoming drug addiction and PTSD, to accelerating graduation rates, the science shows the dramatic ability for mealtimes to change our futures. Since we don't fully understand how the power of cooking works, it can seem almost magical, but it's not, it's very real. The fact is, as humans we need the kindness, the empathy, the compassion found at the heart of what we've come to call humanity. Without it we fail; with it most anything is possible.

And what works at the dinner table works around the world as well. There's that thought that over time the arc of the universe bends towards justice. Usually that arc is described as slight and only visible over great lengths of time. What we just saw in the difference between last week's election to the election one year earlier was not an arc or a slight bend. Last Tuesday we saw the universe take a sharp turn towards justice. That pursuing inequality and discrimination towards transgender children instead simply accelerated acceptance says much about the goodness at the heart of this universe we live in. Transgender Rights are Human Rights. Today we are all more equal.

A year ago we learned the hard way that America is not safe from a perfect storm of enemies foreign and domestic, fueled by unlimited spending, and promoted by unchecked propaganda. But in last Tuesday's election we saw in polling places across the country that the American spirit, that so far has risen to every challenge faced, is once again starting to rise. The cruelty of what the Republican Party has become in this age of unlimited political spending is not something lost on our younger generations. I'm certain that ultimately history will show 11/8/16 was not so much a victory for the forces behind the corruption of the Republican Party as much as it was their unmasking.

So once again, the time is right for a flat-out free Rainbow Spice of you choice. To get your free choice of Rainbow Spice, just show this email or the coupon above in any of our stores today. Or visit us online at penzeys.com, and enter the code for your choice of Rainbow Spice in the apply code box in your shopping basket before midnight.

Cayenne Pepper – 41854C
Penzeys Curry – 12957C
Granulated Garlic – 44455C
Parsley Flakes – 31956C
Blue Poppy Seed – 57554C
Juniper Berries – 54953C
Regular Chili Powder – 11150C

Regular shipping costs apply, but through midnight tonight we've also reduced our minimum for free regular shipping from $30 down to just $20. If you're not sure of what to get, let me recommend our Kind Heart Mini Box. Usually $19.95 each, through this weekend, they are two for $25 or $12.50 in quantities of two or more. With their kind heart pin, and easy-to-use, tasty Seasonings, these little boxes are a great introduction to the kindness at the heart of cooking. One to keep, one to give, what could be better?

And please, actually Rejoice! Yes, we have a long road ahead of us, but as we saw last Tuesday the election results of a year ago truly do not reflect the will of the American people. And just as we've arrived at an America where attacking transgender rights leads to greater transgender rights, we do seem to be on the verge of a great rebirth in the American beliefs in equality and reaching out across the globe to help those in need. Last Tuesday we witnessed America's next giant step in its continuous drive towards a more perfect union. Celebrate!

Thanks for reading,

Bill
[email protected]

And if you like what we do, please feel free forward this email to your family and friends. Or if you prefer to share through Facebook, you can find us here. Liking our page while you are there helps too, plus there are already hundreds of great comments there. Cooks really do know the path that leads to happily ever after. A kind heart is all it takes to start the journey. —Thanks again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top