Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
what did you cook today? (Page 52 of 83)
Page / 83
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Been practicing all semester in baking class and it's finally paying off with some decent pies. Took some time to figure out how the dough is supposed to feel and how much I can work it. Definitely way ahead of where I started lol.

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 2:43:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Tried out my new griddle last night.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve been slacking on the cooking and cooking pics lately.  I need to get on the stick and start producing…

(I did smoke some pastrami last weekend for pastrami on rye with provalone sandwiches)
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 10:22:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 3:35:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Risotto in the pressure cooker, 4 min vs 25 minutes over the stove.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:43:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a massive brisket in the freeze from a sale last year at $1.99/lb.  I needed the flat to make corned beef, so I put it in a cooler of water to thaw.  It thawed surprisingly fast, so I cut a couple good chunks off the flat.  They are in vacuum sealer bags with the following:

White sugar, brown sugar, pickling spice blend, bay leaves, thyme, sea salt, fresh cracked black pepper, and pink salt #1. One chunk will be corned beef and the other will be smoked to make pastrami.

I also put pork belly strips in vacuum brine for bacon.

The remaining chunk of brisket, some flat, and mostly point, will be a traditional rub and smoke this weekend.

All of this is on the rocks in my RTIC for the rest of the week, so I am not using up my entire fridge space.

Also made a couple enchilada casseroles the past Saturday and gave one to the neighbor.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 8:18:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Last night I threw together a chicken tortilla soup. Came out pretty good considering it was my first time making it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 9:37:44 AM EDT
[#8]
We made an easy one the other night that my wife got from Joanna Gaine's TV show.  sour cream enchiladas.  Simple but darn good.  Good use for leftover chicken or a store-bought rotisserie if they're on sale.

I think this was it:  https://www.tfrecipes.com/joanna-gaines-chicken-enchiladas/
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 11:16:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:
We made an easy one the other night that my wife got from Joanna Gaine's TV show.  sour cream enchiladas.  Simple but darn good.  Good use for leftover chicken or a store-bought rotisserie if they're on sale.

I think this was it:  https://www.tfrecipes.com/joanna-gaines-chicken-enchiladas/
View Quote

One of our favorite meals. I first had it at a place called Iguana Mia down in Florida about 20 years ago and became instantly obsessed with replicating it.  

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:38:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:

View Quote

Originally Posted By MainePure:

One of our favorite meals. I first had it at a place called Iguana Mia down in Florida about 20 years ago and became instantly obsessed with replicating it.  

https://i.imgur.com/F1UfKGW.jpg?1
View Quote

That sounds really good.

I'd probably use corn tortillas in place of flour and jack or pepper jack instead of mozzarella.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:41:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I tried my hand at Picanha.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:27:46 PM EDT
[#12]
A ground beef chimichanga covered in ranchero sauce with a side of black beans and tortilla chips.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:44:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By bc5000:

That sounds really good.

I'd probably use corn tortillas in place of flour and jack or pepper jack instead of mozzarella.
View Quote

I use corn tortillas and pepper jack in mine. I make the sauce w a roux, chicken stock and diced green chilis, then finish with the sour cream and a couple dashes of hot sauce.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:58:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Air Fryer Albacore Tuna cakes

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:46:56 AM EDT
[#15]

That looks great! How's the fat on the Picanha taste? That's basically sirloin with the fat left on, right?
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 12:24:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cincinnatus] [#16]
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:03:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Attachment Attached File

Chile Colorado,  soon to be wedded to the pork that will fill a tamale bake
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:11:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:01:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:01:43 PM EDT
[#20]
A few days ago I grilled some random meats for supper.  Tonight I chopped up some of them and made lo mein noodles.  Came out 9/10 as good as usual.  Would have been better but I forgot to buy ginger at the store earlier.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 10:06:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 10:34:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Carne Asada on the grill and tamale pie with the leftover chili colorado
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 10:56:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Blackened chicken
Fried Potato Salad (fried potatoes coated in mustard sauce)
Oklahoma Joe's Smoked Beans

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 7:57:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

That looks great! How's the fat on the Picanha taste? That's basically sirloin with the fat left on, right?
View Quote

Tasted fine to me. I cut my bites to have some meat and the fat cap.
I think you are correct on the cut.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 5:39:57 PM EDT
[#25]
I smoked some pork shoulder and a brisket.  I got called into work mid brisket, so I wrapped it at 190.  It was probably in 16 hours and it rested almost an hour.  Final temp was 201-203 and it was jiggly.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Tonight I threw together a chicken noodle soup.  Chicken thighs, onion celery and bell peppers, and a quart of chicken stock. Let that simmer for a while then added my leftover lo mein noodles. Ate all the meat n veggies so only noodles were left.

All in all, it came out great and I didn’t have to go to the store.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 11:25:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperMoose] [#27]
Attachment Attached File

Maple bourbon braised short ribs, roasted brussels with bacon, onion, and balsamic reduction, and mashed potatoes.

Attachment Attached File

Blueberry ice cream that I prepped yesterday and finished this morning.

Did croissant dough today. Will bake tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Last night I baked some chicken thighs and boudin in my oven.  Didn't feel like fussing with the grill.  A decent supper.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 10:12:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Fired up my Old Smokey today and did some grilling.  Pork chops, mini pork steaks, boudin, squash and zucchini.  First time grilling squash and zucchini and wow, I will be doing that again.  Came out fantastic.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 11:04:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: billyhill] [#30]
Venison Chilindron on the stove now, should be ready for lunch

https://honest-food.net/spanish-chilindron-stew/

Link Posted: 4/3/2022 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By billyhill:
Venison Chilindron on the stove now, should be ready for lunch

View Quote

That sounds really, really good.

I currently have a pot of taco soup simmering on the stove. I’ll be tired of it by Thursday, most likely.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 12:33:31 PM EDT
[#32]
It was amazing, even better the next day. Had it over polenta  day 1, rice for lunch today. It is an amazing sauce.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 12:40:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Just cranked out a couple of chonky sauteed mushroom and Tillamook cheddar omelets in my favorite cast iron pan.
Didn't stick a bit, perfectly bronzed. There's nothing like a good cast iron pan.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 10:34:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Yesterday I did a simple red pasta sauce with chicken thighs.  Came out pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:45:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#35]
Did a ham yesterday.  The wife coats it with mustard, garlic powder, and brown sugar and then puts some Coca Cola in the bottom of the pan. Cook to internal 130.

Tender, moist, delicious.

Served it with potatoes au gratin.

Friday was elk stroganoff.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm a little behind on posting, but last Saturday we bbq'd some chicken quarters for our Easter lunch.  Inside mom did rice dressing, baked beans, garlic bread, and a cookie cake.  

Last Sunday I did an experimental mushroom cream gravy with chicken thighs and tasso.  Came out very good, will be doing that one again.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:19:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Cooked twice today.  Lunch was Mongolian Beef and Vegetable Lo Mein.  The beef was a new recipe, the noodles were my old standard.  Beef came out great considering it was my first time.  Noodles could have been a touch better.  

For supper I grilled chicken thighs, sausage, boudin, and some squash and zucchini.  Really enjoying the veggies grilled like that.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 12:15:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Deer tacos.

Added in some extra chili powder and bacon grease.

I'm probably going to hate my self in the morning, but goddamn they were good.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 1:10:56 AM EDT
[#39]
I marinated chicken in ginger ale for just over 24 hours, grilled it, and served it over Botan Calrose sticky rice.  A slight amount of Sriracha and soyo topping, and it was damn tasty.  

London broil (top round of some sort) was on sale, so I cut it into thinner manageable pieces, slathered it with NM chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and then hit it with the 4 row Jaccard meat stabber.  I then hammered it with the tender maker hammer, and then vacuum sealed it.  The extra went in the freeze, and one bag is in the fridge for carne asada this week.  

I also have more chiknz marinating in mango and pineapple nectar for the coming week.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 12:47:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Big breakfast day.  I have Sun Vista beans mixed with onions and cheese on a slow roll over fire.  Wife is making Spanish rice and chorizo to go with eggs in a burrito.  I made a fresh batch of salsa.  It will be magnificent.

Link Posted: 5/2/2022 8:19:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Last night I made beef tacos and crawfish pasta. Beef was from a calf we bought from a friend, waaay better than grocery store ground beef. Pasta was good, but I had way less crawfish than i thought. By the time I realized it, it was too late to defrost any shrimp.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 9:10:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Meat loaf in:

Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:15:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Fajitas on the blackstone since it's Cinco De Fifth.
I wasn't planning to but I came across some great looking flank steaks and had to have them. Came out great.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 2:42:15 AM EDT
[#44]
I had a couple pork butts in the freeezer and not in the mood for PP anytime soon, so I ground them up and ended up with 16 lbs of Red Barn, Trail and German bologna.
Just switched to muslin bags recently. Easier to work with than fiber and takes up the smoke better. And no soaking, just rinse and stuff.

Link Posted: 5/6/2022 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Cinco de Mayo?  

Margaritas and Panchos.

No marg pics, but here is an empty bottle of tequila…

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:41:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CajunMojo] [#46]
Ribeyes last night. Filets for the women. Will be making crawfish etoufee' tonight.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I called dibs on one of the steaks with the giant cap on it.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:56:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Stuffed Cabbage Rolls n mashed tatees with tomato gravy
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:
Fajitas on the blackstone since it's Cinco De Fifth.
I wasn't planning to but I came across some great looking flank steaks and had to have them. Came out great.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59505/20220505_182839_jpg-2373706.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59505/20220505_183128_jpg-2373707.JPG
View Quote

I love flank steak

Grilled Greek chicken and Arroz Con Pollo, Puerto Rican style. (I cook for the week ahead)
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:16:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Today for lunch I did pot roast and gravy over rice, with purple hull peas and Mary B's biscuits.  While my roast didn't come out 100% like I wanted, there were no complaints.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:16:07 AM EDT
[#50]
From mothers day yesterday

Breakfast, eggs Benedict

Attachment Attached File

Supper, Ribeye, strips and a filet from a half wagyu beef we bought, with asparagus, fries, and corn on the cob.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Page / 83
what did you cook today? (Page 52 of 83)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top