Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
what did you cook today? (Page 36 of 83)
Page / 83
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 7:03:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Roast Chicken, sauteed baby spinach, roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, pan sauce, and a salad.

I'm getting significantly depressed day by day.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 3:22:46 PM EDT
[#2]
July 4th

Grilled BBQ chicken (homemade BBQ sauce not that junk in a bottle/jar)
Grilled corn on the cob
Sliced tomatoes
Potato salad
Cowboy caviar
ice cold beer

and later for dessert...Watermelon!
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 9:38:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 10:31:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Baby backs, Mac & chez, mustard greens, and boozium.  Loz ang lotz of boozium.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 1:11:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Italian Zucchini Crescent Pie (Pillsbury recipe)
Grilled corn on the cob
The last of the leftover BBQ chicken and Cowboy Caviar from July 4th.
Iced tea

Later in the afternoon we'll finish the other half of the watermelon.

Link Posted: 7/5/2020 3:11:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:
Italian Zucchini Crescent Pie (Pillsbury recipe)
Grilled corn on the cob
The last of the leftover BBQ chicken and Cowboy Caviar from July 4th.
Iced tea

Later in the afternoon we'll finish the other half of the watermelon.

View Quote

Mind giving me the recipe to that caviar?

My mom makes "Georgia Caviar", just wondering if there are any differences. We usually treat it like salsa and eat it with tortilla chips or Frito scoops. Damn good stuff. Always better the second day.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#7]
pork belly chicharrones.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 6:46:50 PM EDT
[#8]
BLT's for lunch
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 7:05:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AzzFaceKillah:

Mind giving me the recipe to that caviar?

My mom makes "Georgia Caviar", just wondering if there are any differences. We usually treat it like salsa and eat it with tortilla chips or Frito scoops. Damn good stuff. Always better the second day.
View Quote

@AzzFaceKillah

It's probably the same as what your mom prepares.

All the fresh produce is petite diced (fine dice). The chile pepper is minced.

3 tomatoes
2 bell peppers red, orange, or yellow
1 onion
1 Jalapeno/Serrano chile pepper or more to taste
1 cup frozen corn (do not cook)
1 can black beans drained and rinsed
1 can blackeyed peas drained and rinsed

Dressing: Make a vinagrette of olive or vegetable oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper, and the juice of a lime. Amounts to suit your taste

1-2 tsp chopped fresh cilantro (substitute flat leaf parsley if you have the "tastes like soap" gene in your DNA)

Link Posted: 7/6/2020 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:

@AzzFaceKillah

It's probably the same as what your mom prepares.

All the fresh produce is petite diced (fine dice). The chile pepper is minced.

3 tomatoes
2 bell peppers red, orange, or yellow
1 onion
1 Jalapeno/Serrano chile pepper or more to taste
1 cup frozen corn (do not cook)
1 can black beans drained and rinsed
1 can blackeyed peas drained and rinsed

Dressing: Make a vinagrette of olive or vegetable oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper, and the juice of a lime. Amounts to suit your taste

1-2 tsp chopped fresh cilantro (substitute flat leaf parsley if you have the "tastes like soap" gene in your DNA)

View Quote

Thanks for posting that. I love what I think that is, just never heard the name. Kind of a an awesome cold salsa?
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 8:35:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Before my epic 4th of July boycott (meltdown, chernobly style) when NOBODY CLEANS UP after they eat, I'm not cooking anymore... ...I had bought ribeye steaks that I had intended on using to Celebrate our country.

I cooked them off today. Hard sear in cast iron, both sides. Put them on a board to rest. a few batches. After that was done...  I added 6 maui onions sliced thinish, one red bell pepper cut into sticks and two tomatoes sliced thin.

Carmelized that down with a lot of love. AND help from my youngest! Added in the thinly sliced ribeyes, tossed...and...

Fajitas.

The side dishes were perfect, given my brain right now. Using up quarantine reserves to make space in my refrigerator again.

The Kitchen was cleaned up within an hour of dinner too!
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Today's lunch was Satay (marinated chicken chunks) on skewers with Thai peanut dipping sauce, white rice, salad...and an ice cold light beer.

Excellent.

https://thewoksoflife.com/chicken-satay-with-peanut-sauce/

Note: made a double recipe of satay (2x chicken 2x marinade) but used a bottled Thai peanut sauce purchased at Aldi (excellent product!)
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 4:37:22 PM EDT
[#13]
We made a keto Mexican casserole last night. Ground chuck with taco seasoning, a can of Rotel, and Mexican cheeses with cauliflower rice.

It’ll be in the lineup, definitely.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 10:50:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Made carnitas again tonight.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 11:16:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Baked chicken thighs and baked veg.  Boiled some little red potatoes.  All came out great.  My go to healthy-ish meal.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 4:25:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By JoseCuervo:

Thanks for posting that. I love what I think that is, just never heard the name. Kind of a an awesome cold salsa?
View Quote

Confirming Cowboy Caviar is good stuff. The recipe makes like at least two quarts.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:10:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raven] [#17]
This is 15 min from removal from the oven as I post this.

Cherry Chocolate Loaf - Food Wishes

I used Monkfruit sweetener as a sugar substitute for the first time with this, we'll see how it goes.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/9/2020 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By raven:
This is 15 min from removal from the oven as I post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgrAwewqO58

I used Monkfruit sweetener as a sugar substitute for the first time with this, we'll see how it goes.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2902/cherry_loaf_jpg-1495938.JPG
View Quote

Made yet another Pillsbury's Italian Zucchini Crescent Pie for lunch. It's cooling on the counter as I type this.

Anticipation.....
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 1:50:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Bratwurst on buns

German potato salad (excellent recipe):

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/83097/authentic-german-potato-salad/

Mixed greens salad

Miller High Life

Link Posted: 7/10/2020 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Keto buffalo chicken cauliflower rice casserole

Clears out the sinuses.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 11:15:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:34:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Biscuits & Gravy

I've been wanting to try these Butter Swim Biscuits and they were good. So easy too, since you don't have to roll out dough.

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:46:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By bc5000:
Biscuits & Gravy

I've been wanting to try these Butter Swim Biscuits and they were good. So easy too, since you don't have to roll out dough.

https://i.imgur.com/09jVQfBh.jpg
View Quote
Looks like a good recipe! I'll give it a whirl tonight with a chicken bake I'm doing.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:08:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Sushi plate, and buffalo wings.

I know it's weird, but trying to kill off my overstock of quarantine stash, and bringing in new things too.

Wings I had cut up and frozen a while ago, defrosted, seasoned and then steamed them for 10 minutes, then loaded them on a wire rack over a sheet pan into a 400 degree oven 18 minutes on the first side, flip, the  17 on the second. Sushi grade salmon was bought yesterday. I made sushi rice, and got the fish easily assembled into my kids favorite sushi. I also had several (3)  portions of marinated salmon, and some leftover zucchini and rice that I put on a sheet pan, and put onto the oven with the wings.

Homemade ranch dressing, check

Buffalo wing sauce, Franks, butter, garlic..check.  Easy peasy buffaloesy

People grazed, some claimed their favorites...and I reduced again my quarantine hoard. I'm close to seeing my dining room again!
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:37:19 PM EDT
[#25]
I smoked a rack of ribs for about 3 hours yesterday and then candied them up with some Sweet Baby Rays sauce.

Tonight is stroganoff with leftover smoked brisket.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 6:24:06 AM EDT
[#26]
FML.

I was 100% sure I had my frozen chili, and bolognese in the freezer. I pulled both out to defrost, Chili in the frige, and then put the spaghetti sauce in the microwave to defrost. After it thawed in there for 10 minutes, I put it on the stove to heat through. I made my marinara, and also defrosted meatballs. The plan was meatball subs, and spaghetti with meat sauce for dinner, and chili as a day long meal tomorrow.

Unfortunately, when the sauce came up to heat, I tasted it...and it was the chili.

I took the other bag, which had to be the bolognese, and defrosted it in the microwave...

Oh, that was chicken tortilla soup.

Dinner was spaghetti, zoodles, marinara, meatballs, and meatball subs.

Tomorrow I guess it's soup and Chili.

De-hoarding is a challenge, and especially challenging when you think you remember everything that went it!
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:07:23 AM EDT
[#27]
I made a new meal last night.

I roasted a few jalapeno's in the airfiryer, stuffed them with cream cheese, cheddar and some bbq rub then stuffed a butterflied chicken breast with the make shift popper. I wrapped the breasts with bacon and dusted them with rub as well. Tossed them in the oven and hit them with a little BBQ sauce for the last five minutes in the oven. Served with long rice and carrots.

They turned out pretty good and I'm actually disappointed I didn't take a picture of it.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 8:19:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Made a decent chicken soup tonight.  Was going to be chicken noodle but I went with potatoes instead.  Figured I didn't need both.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:35:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Pizza! Italian sausage and meatballs.

Pass the Gaviscon.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#30]
"Mediterranean" Lunch:

Falafel
Tzatziki
Hummus
Spinach salad with olives
Pitas
Iced tea
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:54:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Just making do with what is on hand..

Baja fish taco, Cowboy Caviar garnish on Thursday. I caught the fish.

Attachment Attached File

Cod fillet, also caught by me. Side of the Cowboy Caviar on chips. Friday. Bookbinders' cocktail sauce is money.

Attachment Attached File

Today was broccoli beef.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 8:01:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Oh, I made meatloaf, arugula salad, bourbon glazed carrots, and mashed potatoes.

By request.

Then, every one of my younger kids rolled out, to help their older brother (new homeowner)  make some sort of home gym in his garage, and he bought them tacos.

I'm trying to figure out the pissed off level here.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 7:40:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Ribeye, grilled corn and potato salad.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/19/2020 11:56:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Italian eggs for lack of a better name. Made 2 gallons of tomato sauce from the garden.  Fried egg with a scoop of cottage cheese on top and covered with spag sauce and a sprinkle of parm. Not bad.

Dinner was smoked chicken on the ceramic grill with fried squash and stir fried broccoli and onions. Not something I would have combined but it was what they asked for.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 9:31:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Tonight was Chef John's American Goulash.  An easy weeknight meal.  Leftovers for days.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 7:31:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AEnemaBay] [#36]
Steak and spinach pasta with a balsamic and Dijon mustard vinaigrette. This was my wife's plate, for mine I added butter sauteed mushrooms. Next time I'll include sliced cherry tomatoes.

Link Posted: 7/25/2020 1:57:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Yesterday I did a beef sauce piquant.  My friend's new bride loves it and wanted a lesson in cooking it, so I showed her all my tricks.  On the side was the last of my purple hull peas.  

Sister in law brought potato salad and corn dip, friend brought corn bread.  We ate well.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 2:19:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Pork butt brined in apple cider and a little apple cider vinegar. Mesquite rub and smoked with hickory.

Served with Cowtown sauce and Utz chips. Forgot to get out the Famous Daves pickles.

Link Posted: 7/25/2020 7:21:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Some pitiful paper-thin salmon fillets with leftover green beans and leftover macaroni salad.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 8:56:40 PM EDT
[#40]
This.  Typical weekend food for the next week.

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 7:15:12 AM EDT
[#41]
**I've had lamb 4 times in my life, and liked it ONE time. HATED it the other three.

Yesterday, I made rack of lamb. Scored, seasoned and seared, then rubbed with mustard, then coated with an herb, panko, garlic, parmigian crust, then roasted in the oven until just Medium rare...I cut the portions into double chops, and served it to the family...

It was spectacularly beautiful...restaurant level presentation...

BARF. I took one bite, and couldn't swallow. Others liked it, or said they did. I recoiled from the taste, AGAIN. The ONE time I liked it, was the last time I had it, (3 of 4)  and that was at an event with chefs making small plates... It was amazing there, so thought maybe I could make THAT edible lamb. Maybe it needed a sauce that drowned out that awful flavor. Maybe the drinks that were flowing there numbed my palate.

My house smelled of that death until every bone was out to the trash, and every pan and plate was washed.

Covid cooking confessional.

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 8:20:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JLH3] [#42]
Working on quick and easy recipes for hunting camp. Today was chili colorado.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Damn good if I say so myself. Brown meat. Mix in two spoonfuls of flour, two spoonfuls of the red chili and some salt. Stir a bit and add water and a splash of red wine vinegar. Cook down. Took 10 minutes and everyone loved it. Will use picketed red onions next time.

Definite keeper for an end of a long hunting day meal.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 10:51:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Salad into which was mixed a can of tuna and a can of cannellini beans.

Iced tea.

That's it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 9:13:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Shake and bake pork chops. No shit.  By request from my second son.  Childhood memory that I'm a little embarrassed about now.

Fettuccine Alfredo. From scratch, a bit of redemption.

Breadsticks, salad, zucchini... oh, and applesauce.

Link Posted: 7/30/2020 3:02:52 PM EDT
[#45]
No pictures this time, but made Coloradito Mole chicken tacos last night using the paste.   I would highly recommend getting the paste if you don't want to spend all day in the kitchen making a mole sauce.  I bought the sample pack, and still have the other two to try.  

Mole
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 3:49:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#46]
Pizza bread.  $1 loaf of french bread from wally, leftover gravy, homey made meat balls, mozzarella, and Parmesan.

Baked on the BBQ outside.  So hot right now, almost didn't need to turn the grill on.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 5:58:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By wildearp:
Pizza bread.  $1 loaf of french bread from wally, leftover gravy, homey made meat balls, mozzarella, and Parmesan.

https://i.imgur.com/HxMLqg6.jpg

Baked on the BBQ outside.  So hot right now, almost didn't need to turn the grill on.
View Quote

homerdrooling.jpg

Thursday was meatloaf (loose too many eggs), mashed potatoes (will not use soy milk again), and steamed haricot verts (skinny green beans).

Not bad, could have been better.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 6:41:06 AM EDT
[#48]
I was craving lobster rolls, so I made them. Survivor style though.. I made 6 for 7 people.

I also made a riff on McRibs, again with 6 made for seven people.

Beans

Homemade red potato salad, leftover vegetables.

I then rented a car, and plan to drive a lot of miles tomorrow to find my actual brain. I'll bring the kids I like along.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 12:36:10 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

That sounds good, will have to take a break from cheap Dominoes pizza and do that.

Was looking at a recipe from Serious Eats where he cuts the loaf in half and compresses each half to 2/3 its height and then brush with a garlic/butter/oil mixture before adding sauce and toppings.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 12:41:15 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Damn that looks great. Will be trying that soon.
Page / 83
what did you cook today? (Page 36 of 83)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top