Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
what did you cook today? (Page 32 of 83)
Page / 83
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:02:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Left over baked taters from last night sliced in half with refried with garlic and onions. Also no pic but we had spaghetti and garlic bread with it.
  Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 5:00:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Breakfast, at 1:00 was eggs, bacon, bagels with cream cheese lox onion and tomato.

Sweet and sour chicken for dinner over white rice.

Link Posted: 3/24/2020 10:10:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I wanted to be normal, so went out shopping and bought beautiful steaks.

Then I went home with beautiful steaks, and realized I need to get rid of some ground beef.

I made Salisbury steaks, mashed potatoes and corn.

Steaks tomorrow or maybe clear out the chicken first. I'll play it by ear.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 3:44:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I threw some chicken into the crockpot with Mexican seasonings.

Tonight will be keto chicken tacos.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 5:14:01 PM EDT
[#5]
4-lb pot roast in the slow cooker with celery, onions, carrots and a turnip (no taters, I'm low-carb).
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 6:00:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Mashed potatoes and fried cubes of butternut squash. Meh.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 8:17:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Beef sauce piquant, potato salad, and black eyes. Came out pretty good, even though I was short on Rotel and forgot to buy a bell pepper this morning.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 10:17:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Chicken parmesan ALL DAY SUB w homemade sauce, tendies, green pepper, shredded fresh mozz and parm, bun slathered with butter and roasted garlic. Nom.

@WhiskersTheCat
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 10:28:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

We are sub bros.

That looks absolutely fantastic!
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 8:33:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Wedge salad, Iceburg, blue cheese, bacon bits and tomato
Grilled steaks
Baked potatoes with the fixings
Roasted zucchini
Garlic Cheese bread.

I had a steak house craving.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 8:34:37 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Looks really good! How do you make the sauce?

I have a good one I stick with, but always like to hear variations.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 8:38:31 AM EDT
[#12]
For lunch I believe we are having "Black Bean Burrito Bowls".
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 2:07:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 4xDawn:

Looks really good! How do you make the sauce?

I have a good one I stick with, but always like to hear variations.
View Quote

@4xDawn flatterer. Now's actually a good time to test it! Ill generally dice an onion and bit of (or a whole) garlic clove into a 28oz can of crushed tomatoes, a small can of tomato paste, a can of water, and assorted spices (oregano, parsley, basil leaves, etc) and it all tastes pretty great after being heated up and then cooked down on low-medium for an hour or three, the longer the better.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 12:42:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Layered Doritos Casserole

The stuff is so good I could probably eat half the pan.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:20:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xDawn] [#15]
Originally Posted By MOS68W:

@4xDawn flatterer. Now's actually a good time to test it! Ill generally dice an onion and bit of (or a whole) garlic clove into a 28oz can of crushed tomatoes, a small can of tomato paste, a can of water, and assorted spices (oregano, parsley, basil leaves, etc) and it all tastes pretty great after being heated up and then cooked down on low-medium for an hour or three, the longer the better.
View Quote

Sounds good! Mine is a bit different.

eta:

Dawn's secret marinara:

Big splash olive oil...1/4 cup or a little less into a deep sauce pan. 6-8 cloves garlic pressed into that, salt and pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Saute over med for a minute or so. I use a condensed squeeze tube of tomato paste, and squeeze in a few Tablespoons.  Stir to combine, and let it cook for a minute or two to toast. Add a half cup of white drinking wine, or a splash more (I use Trader Joe's two buck Chuck) and cook until wine is reduced a bit. To that I add in 2 large cans of whole imported San Marzano tomatoes. I use Cento usually. Add in a few Tablespoons of sugar.  Throw in a handful of whole basil leaves right on top, turn down heat to simmer and walk away for about a half an hour. I use an immersion blender to blend right in the cooking pot, but you could puree batches in a blender. Adjust salt, red pepper, sugar balance and done.

Eta again, to turn this into pizza sauce, or for sandwiches cook longer until it's the correct thickness.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:24:30 AM EDT
[#16]
I think I missed a day..? Yesterday I made chicken fried rice with a side of ginger sauce, and a green salad with ginger dressing. I channeled my inner Benihana.

Today I was cleaning out the fridge before restocking, so made something I almost never make, Cabbage rolls. The leftover ingredients I had made this an easy pick. That St Paddy's day cabbage was looking for a home, and I'm not a massive coleslaw for no reason person.  Served with left over everything to clean out the fridge.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 10:59:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raven] [#17]
Going to make prawns and soba noodles in panang sauce with spinach and green onions, with broccoli on the side.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 8:28:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Oven roasted Salmon, rice, and zucchini. Dinner

Sub sandwiches lunch..

I don't remember breakfast.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 1:46:05 PM EDT
[#19]
   Just a small snack.. dandelions...  Video to come later today.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/29/2020 3:01:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rex_Allen] [#20]
Attachment Attached File

A little snack

Home made ricotta
French bread with evoo and balsamic vinegar salt pepper and fresh oregano
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#21]
chicken with broccoli and jasmine rice
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 8:33:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Survival food FRIED DANDELIONS, Cast iron cooking
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 10:17:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Crock pot chicken.  It was on high from around 11-2P when I could finally sneak in and turn it on low.  Wife likes mush chicken, I don't like it as much.

I made some nice gravy and we had mashed taters with it.

Simple food.

Shepard's pie tonight with leftover meatloaf, mushy peas, carrots, celery, onions.  I make it in a cast iron pan, bake in the oven.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:58:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cincinnatus] [#24]
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 8:04:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Lentil Soup (we bought a shit-ton of lentils for the beerviruspocalypse) and garlic bread.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#26]
I am going for something with leftover smoked pork butt. I've got some pablanos that need to be used as well as some cubanelles. Thinking roast the peppers in the oven and combine with pork and some salsa ranchero for some soft tacos.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 9:03:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Attachment Attached File

Salmon and succotash
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 10:49:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Just pull this off the air fryer rotisserie. Brined over night.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:33:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Some chicken thigh stew in the instant pot, with the last of my fresh vegetables (green onions an some carrot) sauteed with some dried aleppo peppers, and about 1/3 cup of harissa blended in with the diced tomatoes. Baked a loaf of no-knead bread earlier in the day. This will be my meal with 2 cans of white beans for the next 4-5 days.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 6:02:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Wonton soup, made with the chicken broth I made after chicken dinner the other night.

Making all the wontons was a bit mind numbing, but the outcome was fantastic.

First time making this, may or not make again based on the work/reward ratio.

Link Posted: 4/1/2020 8:25:39 AM EDT
[#31]
More soup: Minestrone...a huge pot on the fly with whatever is around the kitchen. It always works out.

In a very large soup pot added some olive oil and softened 2 cloves crushed garlic and a chopped onion until soft. Added three stalks sliced celery and three thinly sliced carrots.

One 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, three cans of (drained) beans: 2 cannellini and 1 chickpea.

1 TBS approx. of vegetable soup base and appropriate amount of water.

2 bay leaves, generous amount of fresh ground black pepper, 2 bay leaves, a sprinkle of dried thyme, and a spoonful of basil pesto (from a jar).

Half of a small  head of thinly sliced cabbage.

Had half a "tube" of ground turkey breakfast sausage so I rolled tiny meatballs and dropped them in.

Several diced potatoes. Simmered soup for maybe 90 minutes.

Also added maybe a cup or two of the previous day's leftover lentil soup and a cup of leftover cooked rice (thickener!)

Right before serving time added half a bag fresh spinach.

HEY, I SAID IT WAS A BiG POT!

Served with grated parm and a side of garlic bread. We had this for yesterday's lunch as well as dinner and there's still plenty of soup left over.

Link Posted: 4/1/2020 8:29:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Taco Tuesday using ground venison.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 9:12:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Too pretty to cook inside, so I grilled some pork steaks, sausage, and boudin.  Heated up beans on the stove.  Haven't had a pork steak since last year and it was great.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 11:21:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By 4xDawn:
Wonton soup, made with the chicken broth I made after chicken dinner the other night.

Making all the wontons was a bit mind numbing, but the outcome was fantastic.

First time making this, may or not make again based on the work/reward ratio.

View Quote

Recipe? Wonton soup has been on my mind lately!

My beans and bbq dish went well, a little too well since most of it got eaten.

Fritattas (sp?) for breakfast with bacon, zucchini, onion and mushroom. Cooked up some extra bacon and that became sandwiches for lunch.

Did stir fried chicken fajitas for dinner.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 5:32:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By billyhill:

Recipe? Wonton soup has been on my mind lately!

My beans and bbq dish went well, a little too well since most of it got eaten.

Fritattas (sp?) for breakfast with bacon, zucchini, onion and mushroom. Cooked up some extra bacon and that became sandwiches for lunch.

Did stir fried chicken fajitas for dinner.
View Quote

I had chicken stock that needed to be used or frozen soon, so looked at a few recipes, and did this:

Start with the wonton.  I cook for a big crowd, so adjust down as necessary.

In a bowl mix 2# ground pork,

A splash of soy sauce, maybe 1/4 cup

Thinly slice one bunch of green onions, and use 3/4 of what you slice into the meat mixture

Half splash of rice wine vinegar (half of the soy amount)

3t cornstarch

2T Grated ginger

3 garlic cloves pressed

pinch of red pepper flakes. I like heat so threw in several pinches. You do you! :)

about a T of roasted sesame oil. <--strange ingredient to have on hand, but very useful if you cook Asian food often. (I do)

Have wonton wrappers on hand, and you will need a bowl of water nearby.

Mix that all together, then start assembling these things.

Start by "painting" the entire perimeter of the wanton by finger painting water.  Then add maybe 1/2 T of the meat mixture into the center of the wonton. pull one corner into the opposite corner to make a triangle, the water will act as a glue to hold these together, then I brought the points back in and use a little dab of water to seal them to the top of the triangle.

Do that like 50 times.

I boiled these in water for about 5-6 minutes in batches of 15-18 at a time, then move them out to a holding bowl. The water they were boiled was starchy as hell.

After that was done, I heated up my chicken stock, 6-8 C Added in a peeled chunk of Ginger 3" or so, A splash of soy sauce. A few garlic cloves, and a little hit of sesame oil. The rest of the green onions, and some baby bella slices I had on hand. <this took 3 minutes at best. I threw it together when the last bunch of the wontons was boiling in water.

Then add the wontons into the broth. stir to keep them separate, and serve. VERY tasty and filling, but a PITA to make all of the wontons. Next time I'll enlist my kids to help assemble.

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:52:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Thanks Dawn, I have everything I need on hand except the wanton wrappers...

we have made homemade dumplings before, I wonder if I could whoop my homemade dumpling wrappers thin enough, or scale up and run full size dumplings in the soup??

Commercial wrappers have a much firmer texture compared to the homemade and I am concerned how they would hold up.

Any suggestions?

Dumplings may be on the menu, but I will need napa.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 8:53:28 PM EDT
[#37]
I grilled for the next few days. T-bones for dinner tonight, hamburgers and hotdogs for lunch the next two days.

The wife threw some asparagus in the oven and topped it with some mozzarella.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 5:07:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By billyhill:
Thanks Dawn, I have everything I need on hand except the wanton wrappers...

we have made homemade dumplings before, I wonder if I could whoop my homemade dumpling wrappers thin enough, or scale up and run full size dumplings in the soup??

Commercial wrappers have a much firmer texture compared to the homemade and I am concerned how they would hold up.

Any suggestions?

Dumplings may be on the menu, but I will need napa.
View Quote

I've only ever bought wonton wrappers, and they are very available here. I don't know if the work/reward for making home made wrappers would be worth the time. Individually putting them together, combined with my OCD, took a lot of time already. If you try it, LMK.

Link Posted: 4/3/2020 5:08:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Tonight I made marinara with meatballs and angle hair pasta.

And a classic Caesar salad.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 8:41:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 10:09:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Big ass pot of Italian sausage and lentil soup. I gave some away. I will need to freeze some today.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:08:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: billyhill] [#42]
Ground pork wound up being lettuce wraps, seems to be the makings of a new family favorite, all because I had some romaine lettuce I needed to use.

Rib-eye, baked potato, and grilled on pan fried zucchini on the menu tonight
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 8:23:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Found some meat n gravy in the freezer, so like a good coonass i cooked some rice. Also boiled some potatoes, smothered some okra and tomatoes, and baked some biscuits. I ate very well tonight.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 6:04:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Crab cocktail with homemade cocktail sauce

French onion soup with crusty Gruyere toasts on top.

A mixed green salad with homemade honey mustard vinaigrette topped with small portions of marinated salmon, hard boiled egg, bacon, tomato, and thinly sliced onion.

A classic Quiche Lorraine.

I miss restaurants, and went French tonight.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Lentil curry with rice for dinner.

Home fries with onion, peppers, mushrooms, celery, bacon and cheese with eggs to order on top for breakfast.

Left over black beans and rice for lunch.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 4:22:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xDawn] [#46]
Marinated pork rib

Canned bushes baked beans

Roasted red potato wedges, that I dressed in a homemade BBQ seasoning, with a kick of cayenne. I was thinking BBQ potato chips, flaming hot...as a flavor profile. Overall, very well received.

Baby spinach, sauteed in garlic, butter, red pepper flakes and a pinch of water, reduced, then finished with bacon bits and grated parmesan cheese.  

ETA: This was a quickie dinner. Perfect for today.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Simply burgers and fries..
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 10:25:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Cooked down onions from 1100 to 2200hrs

Excellent soup tomorrow. Now bed
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 11:07:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Found crawfish tails on sale today, made some etoufee. Might do it again tomorrow, along with a cap steak I pulled out of the freezer.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:03:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Made grilled greek/lemon chicken with roasted mushrooms, onions and zuch. Served it up on flat bread with taziki sauce.

Pork lettuce raps, again.

Chili with beans last night.

I have 2 chicken breast needing a home tonight...
Page / 83
what did you cook today? (Page 32 of 83)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top