User Panel

Site Notices
ASK THE CHEF Part DEAUX (Page 34 of 39)
Page / 39
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 9:49:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bunn19:

Thanks!! I'll hopefully have some time to try this over the upcoming holidays. I'll make sure to report back with pics!!
View Quote

Chef, here's a picture of the finish product.  We made it for our Christmas Eve dinner and it turned out great.  Thanks again!
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#2]

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p526x296/15672860_10103261309471801_8004226904613991838_n.jpg?oh=192105fcd6e910e768ca9349a5b0d4ac&oe=58F0E325

Chef, here's a picture of the finish product.  We made it for our Christmas Eve dinner and it turned out great.  Thanks again!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thanks!! I'll hopefully have some time to try this over the upcoming holidays. I'll make sure to report back with pics!!

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p526x296/15672860_10103261309471801_8004226904613991838_n.jpg?oh=192105fcd6e910e768ca9349a5b0d4ac&oe=58F0E325

EXCELLENT JOB...looks perfect....(yes, and before the naysayers, I like mine MR to the R side but, LOOKS PERFECT)
BRAVO!

CHef
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 2:03:49 AM EDT
[#3]
happy new year and a belated merry christmas chef!
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 6:50:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MEDIKEIGHTED:
happy new year and a belated merry christmas chef!
View Quote

Thank you

and a very Happy Christmas and a Healthy and Prosperous New Year to all my readers..
CHEF!

Sorry I was behind in saying so, was an off couple of weeks for old Chef...
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 5:56:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xDawn] [#5]

View Quote
That's so beautiful... I must try this one. I have used puff pastry and pate for my Wellington, with a mushroom/wine reduction. Nowhere nearly as sexy as this!

I love Arfcom's cooking channel!
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 5:57:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By douglasmorris99:

Thank you

and a very Happy Christmas and a Healthy and Prosperous New Year to all my readers..
CHEF!

Sorry I was behind in saying so, was an off couple of weeks for old Chef...
View Quote

Happy New year Chef! 2017 is going to be a good one, I can feel it!
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 7:48:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 4xDawn:

Happy New year Chef! 2017 is going to be a good one, I can feel it!
View Quote

Thank you, and from your keyboard to Gods eyes..
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 1:20:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Chef,

Just wanted to let you know the Japanese Chicken curry is really good, and we will be adding it to our curry rotation.  Thanks again for the recipe.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 3:46:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By unsub073:
Chef,

Just wanted to let you know the Japanese Chicken curry is really good, and we will be adding it to our curry rotation.  Thanks again for the recipe.
View Quote

Thank YOU, feedback always appreciate and you're welcome
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 5:07:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SevenMMmag] [#10]
Chef,

I'm looking for a couple of general purpose spice mixtures for chicken. I'd like to make a large batch and store in an airtight container on the counter, for convenience. I usually make grilled breasts for salad, pan roasted thighs, fried chicken, or roasted whole chickens. If there is one or two spice mixes that works for most any chicken recipe that would be great.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:55:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MK262] [#11]
Chef,

What is your favorite slow cooker / crock pot recipe?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By MK262:
Chef,

Thanks!
View Quote

I've been asked a couple of times over the years of doing this thread,,,truthfully, chef doesn't use crock pots,,,doesn't favor them, have practically no recipes specific to them,
Sorry,
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 2:11:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: douglasmorris99] [#13]
Originally Posted By SevenMMmag:
Chef,

I'm looking for a couple of general purpose spice mixtures for chicken. I'd like to make a large batch and store in an airtight container on the counter, for convenience. I usually make grilled breasts for salad, pan roasted thighs, fried chicken, or roasted whole chickens. If there is one or two spice mixes that works for most any chicken recipe that would be great.

Thanks
View Quote

Chef is LAID OUT....both of my old knees have given up the ghost, it's painful to sit here and type this out and Ive 1/2 dozen other things
needing doing while I sit at my desk,,,I am terribly sorry I don't have anything easily at hand and just not in the mood.
Seeing a surgeion on Wednesday Next..

God Bless
I shall return...
CHEF
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 4:12:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Chef is LAID OUT....both of my old knees have given up the ghost, it's painful to sit here and type this out and Ive 1/2 dozen other things
needing doing while I sit at my desk,,,I am terribly sorry I don't have anything easily at hand and just not in the mood.

God Bless
I shall return...
CHEF
View Quote

prayers and good vibes sent your way chef. hope you can get them fixed, or at least some relief
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 4:14:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Chef,

Thanks!
View Quote

look for "crock pot moms" on youtube, lifeshouldcostless.com, and there's a 10 page crockpot thread in the food subforum that's got a good variety of recipes
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 8:15:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey Chef! You know those thick heavy cutting boards that have a little flex and a slightly soft surface to them? I was hoping you could give me some brand names for those. Thanks E
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:34:06 PM EDT
[#17]

God Bless
I shall return...
CHEF
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SevenMMmag:
Chef,

Thanks

God Bless
I shall return...
CHEF

Hope your Doc takes good care of you Chef.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:34:39 PM EDT
[#18]

look for "crock pot moms" on youtube, lifeshouldcostless.com, and there's a 10 page crockpot thread in the food subforum that's got a good variety of recipes
View All Quotes
Chef,

Thanks!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 6:37:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xDawn] [#19]

God Bless
I shall return...
CHEF
View Quote

We will here when you are able to return, will be praying for you, and will welcome you back with a million questions when you return to good health. Love you chef!!

Keep us posted as to your diagnosis, and recovery so we can continue to offer our moral support.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 11:15:38 AM EDT
[#20]

We will here when you are able to return, will be praying for you, and will welcome you back with a million questions when you return to good health. Love you chef!!

Keep us posted as to your diagnosis, and recovery so we can continue to offer our moral support.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/8/2017 5:13:53 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

I made Chicken tikka masala without you... I miss you more then you know.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 2:23:00 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

God Bless
I shall return...
CHEF

Definitely plus one on this.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:53:51 AM EDT
[#23]

Update. Surgery set for 3.27.17
Left knee this time. Hopefully next year the right.

Hate this lay about bullshite but light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks for your prayers and support

[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:49:21 PM EDT
[#24]
fingers crossed and prayers sent chef
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 6:00:01 AM EDT
[#25]

Update. Surgery set for 3.27.17
Left knee this time. Hopefully next year the right.

Hate this lay about bullshite but light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks for your prayers and support

[email protected]
View Quote
Will be sending positive thoughts, prayers, and good wishes for a quick, textbook case for a perfect outcome knee surgery tomorrow. In addition, healing ahead of the curve.

I have SOOO many questions!!! I need you back soon!
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:30:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Buena suerte Jefe!
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Success ess
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 5:47:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Great news!!

Enjoy pain meds for a few days, then you need to get back to work here!

Glad you are on the mend.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:54:25 AM EDT
[#29]
congrats!
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:02:41 PM EDT
[#30]
OK

I AM UP AND RUNNIN....well, walkng with a cane for now anyways..

knee is working well, getting more mobile daily and will be back at the ranch in 2 weeks!!!!

so, I am now able to answers some of your questions as best I am able and time allows

LET ER RIP..

CHef
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 5:55:28 PM EDT
[#31]
OK

I AM UP AND RUNNIN....well, walkng with a cane for now anyways..

knee is working well, getting more mobile daily and will be back at the ranch in 2 weeks!!!!

so, I am now able to answers some of your questions as best I am able and time allows

LET ER RIP..

CHef
View Quote
No questions for now, but welcome back.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 11:54:56 PM EDT
[#32]
welcome back chef! prayers for continued healing and progress
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:04:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Unsub and Medi

thank you...

getting back to normal, almost feel 40 again and ready to jump on the line for the dinner rush
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Yay! I'm glad you're feeling better!
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:46:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Unsub and Medi

thank you...

getting back to normal, almost feel 40 again and ready to jump on the line for the dinner rush
View Quote
that's fantastic. my aunt has had bilateral replacement and my mom may end up a candidate for it
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 5:26:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Welcome back!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:10:28 AM EDT
[#37]
thank you watercat and Dawn
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 6:08:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Chef, can you give me some insight into sweet and sour pork?

I'm making this for dinner tonight, and most recipes I've been looking at, call for ketchup in the sauce.

Ketchup as an ingredient worries me, but maybe it's legit. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:45:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Chef, can you give me some insight into sweet and sour pork?

I'm making this for dinner tonight, and most recipes I've been looking at, call for ketchup in the sauce.

Ketchup as an ingredient worries me, but maybe it's legit. Thoughts?
View Quote
yea, Ketchup is used mostly as a coloring agent...its in most recipes..

I always made my S/S sauce with Pineapple juice, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar thickened with cornstarch or arrow root....with a spot of ketchup for color once my taste profile is where I want it..
is where I want it..
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 6:04:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Pineapple juice, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar thickened with cornstarch

Check, check, check and check. I added honey, ginger and garlic as well. Then added the ketchup. It tasted good, but felt so wrong.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Pineapple juice, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar thickened with cornstarch

Check, check, check and check. I added honey, ginger and garlic as well. Then added the ketchup. It tasted good, but felt so wrong.
View Quote
guess you didnt know J Kerry Heinz's wifes Kin was a bunch of ChiCom loving ancient Chinese Ketchup recipe stealers
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 9:29:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Chef,

Osso bucco, how do I make it not suck?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:01:31 AM EDT
[#43]

guess you didnt know J Kerry Heinz's wifes Kin was a bunch of ChiCom loving ancient Chinese Ketchup recipe stealers
View Quote
Maybe they just stole it from the internet he invented..?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:41:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Chef,

Osso bucco, how do I make it not suck?
View Quote
explain 'The Suck" please

or embrace it..
Chef
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 4:06:08 AM EDT
[#45]

or embrace it..
Chef
View Quote
The one time I tried to make it, it didn't come out tasty. I want it to taste rich and meaty, but refined. Mine came out more like a overcooked stew.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:19:30 AM EDT
[#46]
The one time I tried to make it, it didn't come out tasty. I want it to taste rich and meaty, but refined. Mine came out more like a overcooked stew.
View All Quotes

or embrace it..
Chef
maybe if you were to explain your process I could see where you went wrong?
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Chef,
Do you have any suggestions for sauteing a big batch of onions? We're making a taco/fajita bar for 25-ish people, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to make all the onions. I think I have everything else scaled up, and a plan in place for getting it all done, except for the onions...

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By watercat:
Chef,
Do you have any suggestions for sauteing a big batch of onions? We're making a taco/fajita bar for 25-ish people, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to make all the onions. I think I have everything else scaled up, and a plan in place for getting it all done, except for the onions...

Thanks!
View Quote
cook them in a tall pot and stir a lot...you'll get the same outcome as attempting to saute in a flat pan...now if you've access to a
flat griddle, that's the BEST way to saute any amount of foods you want for fajita's especially..
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#49]

cook them in a tall pot and stir a lot...you'll get the same outcome as attempting to saute in a flat pan...now if you've access to a
flat griddle, that's the BEST way to saute any amount of f-oods you want for fajita's especially..
View Quote
Ok. I do have a flat griddle, but it's maybe 10 inches wide by 18-20 inches long. I don't know that I'd be able to fit them all in one batch, which is what I'd prefer. I've never thought to saute on it...
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By watercat:
Ok. I do have a flat griddle, but it's maybe 10 inches wide by 18-20 inches long. I don't know that I'd be able to fit them all in one batch, which is what I'd prefer. I've never thought to saute on it...
View Quote
I sort of doubt you will fit all at once,,unless you par cook to reduce size and stiffness then finish on the flat griddle on high and quick movements.
Page / 39
ASK THE CHEF Part DEAUX (Page 34 of 39)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top