Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2017 4:53:04 PM EDT
Roger checking in from Tooele, Utah. New to the forum, and needing to return to Masonry. Simple story. Turned 18, planning to leave for the Navy as soon as school was out. Months before my 18th birthday my Dad and Grandpa convinced me being a Mason would help my path. As such, the first Monday after my 18th birthday my petition was accepted and I was found worthy to begin my path. I passed as an EA early, accepting the work required. Took a bit longer for FC, and a respectable time for being raised as a MM. My Grandpa oversaw that. Sadly, that Lodge in Alma, Kansas has been closed. In 1992, my Dad moved. He took my membership with him and I became a member of the #79 Corinthian Lodge in Burlingame, Kansas for many years. After my 25th year, life pulled me in a few directions that left no time or money for Lodge. And my membership has lapsed.  

These past few months have been hell for me. In July I found out my Dad had cancer and little time left. While still a member of that Burligame Lodge, he attended elsewhere after moving away, and continued until attaining the 32nd degree in Scottish Rite. Dad passed 7 Sept. And was laid to final rest the 12ths. The Masonic Rites were performed the evening before at the visitation.  Ironically, I live within walking distance of my local Lodge. I sought information about transferring membership 11 years ago, just as they went dark for the summer, and then let it slide.  The MOMENT, I heard from my Dad he was ill, I decided I needed to return. And am currently letting the two Lodges communicate on my behalf.

I have forgotten so much of the work. I am ashamed to admit. I had many brothers on the ships I was on, and found help in times I needed it in between. At times I feel like I did waiting for my petition to be approved. Joining this forum, for other reasons, finding this sub forum is as much a sign to me as things my late uncle and now my Late Dad had to say in their final days.  I stand here again naked and destitute...
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 5:19:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Good luck in your "travels" sorry to hear about your loss.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 7:03:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, and thank you. My "storm" hasn't hit me yet. But it will be here soon enough. I have tried ti fight it off in the past. But believe embacing it this time might be my better coursecthis time.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 10:36:03 AM EDT
[#3]
My Father's side of my family is from Burlingame.  My Grand-father and his father were raised in Corinthian Lodge.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:04:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My Father's side of my family is from Burlingame.  My Grand-father and his father were raised in Corinthian Lodge.
View Quote
Very cool! My Father moved there after remarrying...
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:21:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 1:01:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you need anything PM me.  I am an honorary member of the lodge in Tooele and a member in Magna and Midvale.  Also the Grand Lecturer in UT so I can certainly help you with Utah's work.

Any chance we met at the GMs Festive Board a couple of weeks ago?
View Quote
No, sorry, wasn't me. Thank you, it will be appreciated. At present I'm not even sure where my guide book is to be honest.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Congratulations on returning  to the Craft and welcome to ARFCOM.

Sorry to hear about your dad.

I actually know 2 men that live in Alma.  Neither of them are Brothers, but its a small world.  You might know both of them.  One is a retired state snowplow driver and the other is a Paramedic for the county.  John and Gary are their names and they are Best buds.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Chances are I grew up after or before them. But being a small community, I might know their relatives or siblings.  I left 36 years ago, and hadn't been back since 1992. I did get to drive through Alma for a few minutes returning to Utah from Missouri. Not much has changed, yet it is different.

With respect to ARFCOM, I am learning by leaps and bounds and will begin deciding what I am after soon. I am very budget driven, mainly due to my wife's health issues and med bills. I have a few items currently, but feel the need for something to keep people a bit further away than my little .22lr plinking rifle...
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 6:04:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Chances are I grew up after or before them. But being a small community, I might know their relatives or siblings.  I left 36 years ago, and hadn't been back since 1992. I did get to drive through Alma for a few minutes returning to Utah from Missouri. Not much has changed, yet it is different.

With respect to ARFCOM, I am learning by leaps and bounds and will begin deciding what I am after soon. I am very budget driven, mainly due to my wife's health issues and med bills. I have a few items currently, but feel the need for something to keep people a bit further away than my little .22lr plinking rifle...
View Quote
I bet you know these two dudes.  They are around 60 years old.  their initials are GL and JC.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I bet you know these two dudes.  They are around 60 years old.  their initials are GL and JC.
View Quote
That puts them at least 6 years older than me.  I may know of them, but that would be all. My Dad was a teacher, they may have known him as well. I turn 55 in Jan.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 10:38:31 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll send you a pm
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 1:12:46 PM EDT
[#12]
OverScoped, I am quite curious who these gentlemen are now.

But in new news, I have heard back from Grand Lodge in Kansas, and the Corinthian Lodge where my Father transferred me to with his membership. We have come to an agreement. And soon, I will be back in the fold and ready to re-learn what I have lost over time.

It has been a tough few months since my Father found out he had cancer, through his passing and my wife's medical issues. Yesterday was his birthday and I barely held things together.  When he passed, I felt like my internal compass was lost. I am beginning to feel my compass turning right again. But my storm is not yet passed.
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 3:09:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 3:25:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I will just as soon as all my old business is completed and they contact the Tooele Lodge. I believe that would be the best protocol...
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 3:39:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top