Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2017 6:28:15 PM EDT
Are there any Brothers or Lodges that were affected by Harvey?

I cant be there for you, but if you need anything send me  PM or respond with an @OverScoped in this thread and I will try to help you out with giftcards to whatever store you request ( big national stores)  once the mail gets up and running and you can provide me with a place to send it, even if its not your house...staying someplace else or whatever.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump this guy to get some traction.
Good on you OP.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 8:49:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Reposted from my HTF. FYI I am a MM at Demopolis Alabama Blue Lodge #49. TheBeerSlayer knows of me a little if that means anything.  

I'm getting off the boat on 9/11. I have a Tundra crewmax and most likely a 16' double axel trailer or a Uhaul. I'm coordinating with a local to me pastor/professor to gather supplies to make a run to the Houston area on or around 9/13. I live just above Hattiesburg and will be heading down 59 to 12 then to 10 to Texas. Anyone around Hattiesburg/Laurel area that would like to help let me know and I can get a drop point for anything that you could send. The below list is one a friend on another boat saw in a FB page concerning disaster relief supplies. Yes, it's 2 weeks from now but I'm hoping a balance of storm water receeding and the sheer numbers of people in need will reach a balance that will make the trip worthwhile and successful. If anyone cares, though I don't talk about it much, I'm a towboat captain that works almost exclusively in and around Houston/Port Arthur when I'm not on the Mississippi. Harvey put a hell of a Dent in East Texas. I'm of the age and sort of position where I can do more to help than just donate $20 via PayPal. I'll keep updating this thread when I have more info. If the trip is cancelled I can make arrangements to get supplies returned or donated to a local shelter or church if the donors are agreeable. Thanks.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 10:44:15 AM EDT
[#3]
@blcouch

Can you link me to that thread or that poster please.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 11:00:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@blcouch

View Quote
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_57/616864_Texas-relief-supply-run-planned-for-9-13.html
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 5:15:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_57/616864_Texas-relief-supply-run-planned-for-9-13.html
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@blcouch

Thanks. I didnt realize it was you.  I responded in that thread to help you get some momentum.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks.  I have my first donation coming from the guy building my M40A1 clone.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 7:35:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll get the cards in the mail Friday.  thats the next time I go to town.

You will get them in time.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 7:41:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thank you very much. In the event that something happens or I don't get enough supplies to make the trip I can either return the cards or donate them to a cause of your choice.   I am preparing for the event of a lackluster response to my efforts.  If need be I'll make the drive over with an envelope or box full of gift cards. I've made that trip for less
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thank you very much. In the event that something happens or I don't get enough supplies to make the trip I can either return the cards or donate them to a cause of your choice.   I am preparing for the event of a lackluster response to my efforts.  If need be I'll make the drive over with an envelope or box full of gift cards. I've made that trip for less
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

if you dont go.... I'll get you an addy to send them too...  those good ol' boys in the rescue thread could use them for sure.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 7:55:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
if you dont go.... I'll get you an addy to send them too...  those good ol' boys in the rescue thread could use them for sure.
View Quote
Roger. WILCO.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 4:27:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm north of Beaumont a ways but good to go.  We got a little over 25" of rain at our place.   My Lodge is in Livingston (North of Houston).  It is now a collection point for donations.  (We ran some stuff there today.)  The most exciting thing about the storm for me was driving my pregnant oldest daughter and her husband to the hospital during a milder part of the storm.  She had a baby boy early Monday morning.  Second most exciting part was butchering two wild hogs (without electricity) that roamed up behind my house.  We did that during a lull in the storm.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 6:09:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm north of Beaumont a ways but good to go.  We got a little over 25" of rain at our place.   My Lodge is in Livingston (North of Houston).  It is now a collection point for donations.  (We ran some stuff there today.)  The most exciting thing about the storm for me was driving my pregnant oldest daughter and her husband to the hospital during a milder part of the storm.  She had a baby boy early Monday morning.  Second most exciting part was butchering two wild hogs (without electricity) that roamed up behind my house.  We did that during a lull in the storm.
View Quote
Good to hear..
Pm me your addy. I'll send you a fuel card to help the lodge pay for fuel. 
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 11:26:56 AM EDT
[#13]
I put gift cards for you two in the mail today. 

Thanks for helping  on the front lines.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I sent out 8 Walmart/Sams giftcards today.

I have 1  left..... I'll give you guys a few weeks to claim it...  and then im buying ammo.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 2:43:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I have 1  left..... I'll give you guys a few weeks to claim it...  and then im buying ammo.
View Quote
I don't think my PM made it to you.  However, our lodge is doing pretty good with their efforts.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 5:24:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't think my PM made it to you.  However, our lodge is doing pretty good with their efforts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sent 2 $25 Walmart cards  to you on Sat.  Use them for Lodge expenses, of however your Lodge see's fit.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:07:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I sent 2 $25 Walmart cards  to you on Sat.  Use them for Lodge expenses, of however your Lodge see's fit.
View Quote
OverScoped,

Received them.  I hadn't thought the message went through because it gave me an error.   I know a brother mason had been doing rescue operations in Houston and Beaumont as part of the "Texas Navy".  He paid for considerable expenses in fuel and other items from his own pocket.  As well as losing one of his boat motors and getting a hole in his boat.  With your permission, I'll pass one or both to him.  I'll also double check to make sure we didn't have a short fall on our own official lodge relief efforts.  I could divert one to that if there is a need but I suspect we are good on that end of things.  I've check.  If you have a preference, please PM me.

Thank you very much for supporting your Texas brother masons.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 11:03:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
OverScoped,

Received them.  I hadn't thought the message went through because it gave me an error.   I know a brother mason had been doing rescue operations in Houston and Beaumont as part of the "Texas Navy".  He paid for considerable expenses in fuel and other items from his own pocket.  As well as losing one of his boat motors and getting a hole in his boat.  With your permission, I'll pass one or both to him.  I'll also double check to make sure we didn't have a short fall on our own official lodge relief efforts.  I could divert one to that if there is a need but I suspect we are good on that end of things.  I've check.  If you have a preference, please PM me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OverScoped,

Give them to the Brother.. that was my original intent. To help the rescuers with expenses. 
What I have given is nothing compared to what has been taken away.

God Bless you Texas Brothers.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:39:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Give them to the Brother.. that was my original intent. To help the rescuers with expenses. 
What I have given is nothing compared to what has been taken away.

God Bless you Texas Brothers.
View Quote
I'll contact him today.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:06:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'll contact him today.
View Quote
Overscoped,

I mailed them out to him today.  He wants to convey a big thank you!
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:20:31 PM EDT
[#21]
@blcouch

Did you get yours?
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:24:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
@blcouch

Did you get yours?
View Quote
I think so. My wife said we got some Walmart cards in the mail addressed to me and I told her I was pretty sure they were from you.  My mail only gets scrutiny if it's a package with "Arms" or "Gun" in the name . Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 12:01:42 AM EDT
[#23]
First Baptist Church in Vidor Texas was my drop point. My FIL and I drove there today.   Several other donation distribution centers had already closed down but FBC was still handing out a lot of stuff to those in need.  I ended up with the gift cards from OverScoped, $200 cash, 10 40 bottle cases of water, several boxes of big can liners, 20 tubes of toothpaste, about 35 toothbrushes, 8 gallons hand sanitizer, several boxes of work gloves, 114 lbs dry dog food, 48 lbs dry cat food and a case of bars of Dial soap, among other things I didn't have time or energy to count.  Definitely a truck full! 12 hour round trip counting traffic on I-10 and almost 700 miles round trip.  $120 of gas in the Tundra. The donations were greatly appreciated.  It's really sad what has happened out there.  Miles and miles of roads with piles upon piles of what used to be people's belongings.   Now all trash.  Thanks again to everyone that helped.  The residents of Vidor and the surrounding areas greatly appreciate it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 4:59:48 PM EDT
[#24]
I was glad to have helped in a small way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top