Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2017 5:17:26 PM EDT
I stumbled across a case of canned butter (made in france) at an Asian market of all places today. The price was set at $7.99 per 8.8oz can. I had never tried canned butter, but had always wanted to try it, and have some in my stored goods.
When I got to the checkout, the lady said not for sale, expires today.
Knowing that most canned goods are perfectly fine, well past their "best by" date, I asked how much knowing they were expired. After some deliberation, I asked her how much for the entire case, if I were to buy it to make soap out of, and not to eat. She said $2 each. So I came home with 42 cans of butter.

Does anyone have any long term storage experience with this stuff? How long passed expectation is it really good for?
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm expecting some next month, I'll let you know.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 5:35:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in for the AAR from the trip to the ER after the OP tries it out

(I have some as well, and wonder the same thing.  I only bought one can though, and haven't worked up the fortitude to open the can and try it out)
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 5:45:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Google "bog butter".

If butter can last 2000 years without a can maybe it can last a few years with a can.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I ate raviolis that were expired seven years ago and I was okay
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Most expiration dates are for lawyers.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 10:31:36 PM EDT
[#7]
42 CANS of butter
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:08:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
42 CANS of butter
View Quote
... Butter is serious business... biscuits approved!!! 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top