Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
When will SHTF? (Page 2 of 3)
Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:30:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Big picture, we are running out of water. Too many people, not enough water.

Long term shtf will be the war for water.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 8:24:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By BNARGG:
Big picture, we are running out of water. Too many people, not enough water.
http://trendandtonic.thefuturescompany.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/water-war.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_z4BcYVnVAso/TIdM5khCBBI/AAAAAAAAAeQ/V3KObENG90g/s1600/-War_for_Water+India.jpg

Long term shtf will be the war for water.

umm.....there is the same amount of water on the planet as when it was created. Or "formed" if you prefer.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 8:30:24 PM EDT
[#3]
this.

Link Posted: 7/7/2013 12:25:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Needs a poll.

Range: Now to way in the future.

Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:25:52 PM EDT
[#5]
We wanted to blast the world free of history.... picture yourself planting radishes and seed potatoes on the fifteenth green of a forgotten golf course.  You'll hunt elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center, and dig clams next to the skeleton of the Space Needle leaning at a forty-five degree angle.  We'll paint the skyscrapers with huge totem faces and goblin tikis, and every evening what's left of mankind will retreat to empty zoos and lock itself in cages as protection against the bears and big cats and wolves that pace and watch us from outside the cage bars at night.

Link Posted: 8/25/2013 12:30:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Three months after China moves to the gold standard for its financial system, removing its linkage to the US treasury bond mechanism.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Syria could get out of hand very quickly!

Vladimir is itching to take Obama on.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 12:09:53 AM EDT
[#8]
yep
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 1:55:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I dont think you would have to worry about SHTF for very long. The problem would fix itself in a few days and no one would survive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91JZCbGLCvk&feature=share&list=FL2T1uk6Phx7ypY4oGWsKBfg
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#10]
8/7/2087
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 12:16:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bushmaster1984] [#11]
Food is the key to SHTF.

ETA: 76 days from now

Link Posted: 9/16/2013 12:19:43 PM EDT
[#12]
SHTF begins in 87 days!
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Which is it, the first or the 12th?

Why do you think that?
Link Posted: 9/18/2013 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#14]
At the point your to old to survive it.

Link Posted: 10/3/2013 12:48:29 PM EDT
[#15]
IMO it is only a matter of time until the economy collapses.  The government can't keep spending like they are year after year.
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BCV:
I have it on good Authority that SHTF will be March 11!
View Quote

Is there a list where I can sign up to Pre-Fo?
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 9:34:37 AM EDT
[#17]
With the state of the world today, I think SHTF IS already here, we just don't realize it yet. Like a car crash in slow motion, it is not an immediate event, it builds up through the months and years until the car hits the wall - then back to real time.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 10:27:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By UncleChan:
Probably never. This sort of doom and gloom crap has been being predicted for thousands of years. Aint been right yet.

Move on. Nothing to see here.
View Quote

Really? I guess to you the Great Depression never happened then. And that's just within the last century. How about the Dark Ages, Middle Ages, etc. with rampant death and famine? Never happened, right? C'mon.
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 1:09:46 AM EDT
[#19]
I think one day in the future there's going to be an old man describing what technology used to be to a kid.And how easily medication, food, guns&ammo were to get. And how big government was, and why it ended life as he knew it. That is what is going to push us over the edge. Our government is going to cause OUR land,that so many have bled, fought, and even payed the ultimate sacrifice, to turn into a desolate, depresing, wasteland. How long can we last if IDIOT care actually passes. All that is going to do is increase insurance premiums for hard working Americans that actually WORK! And then turn around and give it to the other type of people that think everybody owes them something, have no idea what work is, and have gotten to live off a government check for ever. For near to nothing!!!! Yea that makes scence. Let's penalize the people who are the freakin backbone of this nation, so we can take care of the ones who have never done anything for anyone but their selfs!? When are people going to wake the hell up?!!? We are at the verge of the so called shtf scenario. And me personally, I believe, if this insurance plan that our ignorant Curious George look alike has put in play goes through. That's gonna kill the motors, then were through! So we will see. Hopefully America can wake up and fight like I wish they would.
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 3:13:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Skrappy44:
I think one day in the future there's going to be an old man describing what technology used to be to a kid.And how easily medication, food, guns&ammo were to get. And how big government was, and why it ended life as he knew it. That is what is going to push us over the edge. Our government is going to cause OUR land,that so many have bled, fought, and even payed the ultimate sacrifice, to turn into a desolate, depresing, wasteland. How long can we last if IDIOT care actually passes. All that is going to do is increase insurance premiums for hard working Americans that actually WORK! And then turn around and give it to the other type of people that think everybody owes them something, have no idea what work is, and have gotten to live off a government check for ever. For near to nothing!!!! Yea that makes scence. Let's penalize the people who are the freakin backbone of this nation, so we can take care of the ones who have never done anything for anyone but their selfs!? When are people going to wake the hell up?!!? We are at the verge of the so called shtf scenario. And me personally, I believe, if this insurance plan that our ignorant Curious George look alike has put in play goes through. That's gonna kill the motors, then were through! So we will see. Hopefully America can wake up and fight like I wish they would.
View Quote

Agree!
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 8:47:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By taymax14:

Agree!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Skrappy44:

Agree!

Yep, well said.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 9:06:47 PM EDT
[#22]
IMO it is only a matter of time until the economy collapses.  The government can't keep spending like they are year after year.
View Quote

WTH?  you can't interject facts into the conversation.  

Your point of concern is valid, I wonder if that is part of their plan.  Topple the system and trade freedom for security?
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By whs78:

Your point of concern is valid, I wonder if that is part of their plan.  Topple the system and trade freedom for security?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By whs78:

Of course it's their plan. Giving up small freedoms for security has been their plan all along. When SHTF it will just be on a larger scale
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 10:20:06 AM EDT
[#24]
whenever the two term limit is done away with and obama declares himself supreme leader muahahaha!
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 5:11:10 PM EDT
[#25]
apparently very soon....

http://www.housingwire.com/articles/28796-third-prominent-banker-found-dead-in-six-days
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 8:45:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 1:45:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StainlessSteel] [#27]
Its raining bankers

Edited 2/12/14

Number 5

http://endtimeheadlines.wordpress.com/2014/02/12/breaking-news-jp-morgan-executive-becomes-5th-banker-to-die-in-last-2-weeks/
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 11:47:04 PM EDT
[#28]
***The following reflects my opinion, as a non professional, non expert.***

I think we might be on the hinge and it could tip either way. The following, personal opinion, is based on my humble research and understanding which is as I said...humble. But it is being covered up by technology.

Over the last couple of years unemployment has been floating around 10 percent...a couple of points lower at times, almost that at others but around there.

The fear mongering media reminds us that this reflects only those drawing on unemployment so it is actually much higher. The others, that it is accurate. So who knows. But lets say it's 10% because I was an art major, not a math major and it makes it easier on me.

Our countries population is about 300 million. So our supposed unemployed is about 30 million.

Unemployed equals eligibility for sustenance benefits like food stamps, healthcare, etc. But because it is all electronic now we don't see it every day. If it wasn't, we would see lines outside food banks and clinics but we don't. Because it is electronic we just wait next to them in line in both places. It is discrete and unnoticed in a day to day life perspective.

So during the first great depression this percentage would be very noticeable on your way to work and your way home.

And that is optimistic because we don't know if it's around 10 or 20 or 30% actually because we aren't sure exactly how the numbers are accumulated and if the rules on doing so change month to month to control political perception.

Also, Inflation. In my limited understanding of economics both nationally and internationally this is how I see it:

We have been dealing with inflation for a while but it has been mitigated in creative ways. Usually inflation means the currency devalues drastically, and it has if you look at the numbers over the last few years: the dollar has gone down but also wages have stayed stagnant. I think this is a way to divert the "flow" of deflation.

So behind the scenes, tens of millions are standing in line for food and government subsidies just to survive and tens of millions more are figuring out how to make less money go just as far to survive. That is not good. And interest rates are being held low so that the national debt is, at least theoretically, payable even though it hasn't been paid and the debt ceiling needs to be increased regularly. Low/no interest is saving the dollars ass and the feds.

Add that our debt is not being bought as it once was, making the federal reserve  have to actually "buy" it itself to keep the print press rolling. This is from my understanding illegal but worse, completely immoral and highlights the faults of our current monetary system.

With all of this added together input a large spike in military spending or a devaluation of the dollar by one or several big trading nations deciding that they want to standardize another currency for international trade and these separate issues merge making us have a big problem.

Then other factors, oil prices going up, food prices going up....etc and the landslide begins.

We have been in recession and stagflation for a while. Are we going to stop, or go into depression and inflation?
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 11:11:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Doomsday clock set at 5 to midnight | Fox News
www.foxnews.com/science/2014/01/15/doomsday-clock-set-at-5-til...Jan 15, 2014 · The iconic Doomsday Clock remains poised at five minutes until midnight, the Science and Security Board of the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists announced.

Link Posted: 2/28/2014 7:40:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Fo time? It was texted to me by a friend. Don't really know how credible the source is, but I do know the economy can't keep going like this without some sort of crash. I would hate to see things happen like the article describes.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By BTAzombieHunter:
I'm not saying I want SHTF!  I'm more curious about what is gonna set it off?  What do you think will happen?  Where will the sides be drawn?  Will there be a foreign militant forces on US soil? If so who?  I know it's alot of questions but basically I am asking for everyones SHTF hypothetical senerios?
View Quote

Any day possibly?  Stock market crash, again.  EMP from a hostile country, solar flare that takes down the power grid?  My concern is a solar flare that results in a complete failure of the U.S. power grid.  Everyone goes nuts, no help, no solutions and it is instantaneous.  If it were a localized event, no worries.  If it is a national event it could be TEOTWAWNI.  Total chaos and total social breakdown?  Sides?  I'm not sure.  Pray, plan and prepare is all you can do.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:35:09 PM EDT
[#32]
You guys looking for me?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:38:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By fxntime:
Debt bomb explodes, interest rates skyrocket, inflation goes ballistic, welfare handouts cease due to the inability to service the debt and the animals go crazy because they believe they are owed a certain lifestyle by the productive members of society.
View Quote

Good point. That's what I have always thought. Never been able to put it into words like this though. Totally can see this happening.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 10:38:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By fxntime:
Debt bomb explodes, interest rates skyrocket, inflation goes ballistic, welfare handouts cease due to the inability to service the debt and the animals go crazy because they believe they are owed a certain lifestyle by the productive members of society.
View Quote

Very well said.  Your post could very well be the way the U.S. will collapse.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:34:55 PM EDT
[#35]
The Shit is hitting the fan on a daily basis-it's happening in slow motion.

We will all be lucky to live through it. Or not.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:17:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Originally Posted By SnakeDoctor_IV:
Well said. That is indeed I think the most likely scenario!!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SnakeDoctor_IV:

Originally Posted By evolution88:

Or we could consider the current issue blooming into a crisis. Fuel!  

If world events would somehow send the price of oil way up; it's currently $110 barrel equaling about $3.65; say oil went to $200 barrel and fuel to north of $5.50; our nation would be in deep trouble.

In the short term the cost of delivering the food to the store would way up, later the cost of producing the food would go way up. The cost of everything would go way up; getting to work, getting to the Doctor, getting medical supplies, getting whatever you get at Target and Walmart.

People stop spending.

People loose their jobs.

Government and personal debt continue to balloon.

Eventually the cradle to grave society we've allowed to be created collapses.

If you're not willing and determine enough to take care of yourself, the looters and thugs get you.

At least that's what I see as the most likely scenario.

Well said. That is indeed I think the most likely scenario!!
But not oil, we are almost self-sufficient. Maybe collapse of another country but mostly our debt

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:21:07 PM EDT
[#37]

Originally Posted By Seven_Six_Two:

my money is on a shitty economy or the euro collapsing or both, leading to QE3, causing the dollar to be dropped as the worlds reserve currency, effectivly collapsing the US as we know it.

second place goes to israel and iran squaring off spiraling into a bigger war

third could be a civil war brought on by this police state gov thats tryin to creep in( which i think this scenario would be the worst)

fourth would be an emp of some sort, we are def do for a coronal mass ejection
View Quote
Euro is getting stronger to the dollar; Eurozone has more gold than the USA

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:21:59 PM EDT
[#38]

Originally Posted By UncleChan:

Probably never. This sort of doom and gloom crap has been being predicted for thousands of years. Aint been right yet.

Move on. Nothing to see here.
View Quote
Ask Romans

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:23:54 PM EDT
[#39]

Originally Posted By deadon57:

The SHTF is occurring as we speak, not in a way what many people think where there is a nuclear detonation and marital law is imposed, but in the way of the slow loss of freedom and liberty.  Many people are not waking up to what is happening.  There is a progress slow loss of the right to keep and bear arms as many states impose absurd gun control measures, attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs, attempted silencing of conservatives not to mention attacks and character assassination by the far left on any challenge or even questioning Obama's policies.  If its this way now, just think how it will be in just 10 to 15 years from now if it keeps going.  At this pace gun rights will be eliminated, Christian's will be hard pressed to even practice their faith and no questioning of authority will be tolerated.
View Quote
Sometimes frog jumps out of hot water

Link Posted: 5/9/2015 10:20:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Election day 2016?
What will people do when they see crowds of people voting that are completely open about being here illegally?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:19:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Shooter62:
Election day 2016?
What will people do when they see crowds of people voting that are completely open about being here illegally?
View Quote

About as much or even less than we did when we found out we're living in a defacto stasi police state via the Snowden revelations.....which is to say bitcha grand total of 1/2 day about it then on to more "important" issues like fantasy footbal ans prepping for sundays game.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 4:12:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheManimal] [#42]
First off, I'm no prophet and nobody knows the day or hour these types of things will come to pass. We CAN know the season and there's been a lot of hype about September 2015 in Jewish, Christian and secular media recently. The end of the Shemitah and the tetrad blood moons, September also marks the "7 year itch" for economic collapse which could lead to marshal law and SHTF. Israel is mining gold to rebuild the temple. If the temple gets rebuilt, all biblical prophecy leading up to the antichrist will have been fulfilled and...yeeaaa...antichrist...that's your big boy.

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:09:45 AM EDT
[#43]
NOT SOON ENOUGH!
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:41:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By 38spl357:
NOT SOON ENOUGH!
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:34:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Whomever gets elected will not be sworn in. Russia will nuke many east coast cities. This is to keep the US out of the war in Europe and then Israel. US in turmoil is invaded by South and Central America. China invades Hawaii and the west coast. Many who have not prepared are killed or starve to death as city governments implode. The military tries to mount a defense but morale is so bad that 1/2 quit. There will be some safety in the Rocky Mountain states, if you can get there.

Food storage is your best investment.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 3:38:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Sencoman:
Whomever gets elected will not be sworn in. Russia will nuke many east coast cities. This is to keep the US out of the war in Europe and then Israel. US in turmoil is invaded by South and Central America. China invades Hawaii and the west coast. Many who have not prepared are killed or starve to death as city governments implode. The military tries to mount a defense but morale is so bad that 1/2 quit. There will be some safety in the Rocky Mountain states, if you can get there.

Food storage is your best investment.
View Quote

You are a ray of sunshine on a gloomy day, Senco.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:42:32 PM EDT
[#47]
SHTF can never happen, you people watch way too many movies....do you guys think the military is a joke
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 4:06:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By stormshadow11:
SHTF can never happen, you people watch way too many movies....do you guys think the military is a joke
View Quote

SHTF in Katrina
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 4:29:17 AM EDT
[#49]
NEVAR!!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 4:14:24 PM EDT
[#50]
100th reply
Page / 3
When will SHTF? (Page 2 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top