BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Page / 21
Link Posted: 6/27/2008 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's Stella, she's MY dog, according to Ms. Coz. She runs the house

Betty Boop - Completely insane and farts like an old man!

Here is Jade (red weinerdog) Morgan, black one, and Austin, our oldest Jack Russell Terrorist. Morgan and Austin are the ghey

And here are my front yard pets I feed
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 12:16:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Waldo0506] [#2]
This is Butters, he is a wire fox terrier born last August.

Young Butters

Young Butters mad at the camera

Young Butters with halloween candy

After his first couple of weeks home he jumped over his pet gate. Below is how I shut him in the kitchen one day when I went to work. I came home and said hi, went out to get the mail, and when I came back he was waiting for me at the door, he climbed over somehow. The back of the picture has nothing on it, it is completely smooth.

Big butters in the laundry

Asleep

Asleep again

Caught playing with ribbon

ETA: Butters will bite when provoked. The neighbors pit bull won't.
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 9:18:42 AM EDT
[#3]
My Deutsch Drahthaar Axle

I love my pooch!
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 9:47:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FMD] [#4]
Edits (in blue) made January 27, 2010

Bear, Male, approaching ten, a very healthy 75#.  Best, most intelligent dog I will ever own, and for not much longer.

Bear died 7/30/2009.  We had him put to sleep due to a sudden and total cardio/pulmonary collapse.  He had several undiagnosed hemangiosarcoma tumors internally, one of which had ruptured.

We were blessed with never having to see him "sick", except for a couple of hours at the end.

I will never own a better dog, or have a more loyal friend.

Ally, Female, just turned eight, and olympic athlete @ 70#.  Total Spaz.

Ally died 12/3/2009.  Shortly after I authored this post, we noticed a lump under her skin.  Biopsies revealed nothing, but by 11/08 the tumor was very large, and the vet wanted it removed.  Ally's surgery was in January of 2009.  Testing revealed the tumor to be hemangiosarcoma.  Without treatment, average expectancy was three months.  Six months with chemo and radiation.  We opted not to put her through that.

She fought for almost a year, and was her happy spazzy self right up to the end... even though the cancer metastasized internally with horrific results.

They are great together (he tolerates her antics), and they are our "neighborhood watch":

With friends:

Both are rescues from Wisconsin Rottweiler Rescue

These two "dogs" were with us for almost a decade, and the pain of their loss is not easily forgotten.
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 7:27:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Louie

Trigger(blue) and Chloe(yellow)

Their new additions

Leo
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 2:51:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mb74] [#6]
I never knew this forum existed until now.

Anyway, here's my puppy, Toasty. He'll be 1 year old this August.

Link Posted: 6/29/2008 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Heres our dog "Faygo" in our back yard yesterday after it rained.  lol

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3281/2620418186_28ed92a04a.jpg
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 12:07:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Here's my two girls.

In their natural habitat:

My oldest.  Took awhile but she finally got her championship no thanks to me:

Minime:

Their one trick:

"Biscuits, you want to give us bisuits":

The namesakes, though they've passed on:
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 3:23:36 AM EDT
[#9]
This is Baby Girl guarding my niece.

This is Peanut.
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 10:12:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By Ratters:
Here's my two girls.

In their natural habitat:
i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd150/Rattersar15/SteveDogsTahoe.jpg

My oldest.  Took awhile but she finally got her championship no thanks to me:
i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd150/Rattersar15/scan0004.jpg

Minime:
i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd150/Rattersar15/Cuteminimesitting.jpg

Their one trick:
i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd150/Rattersar15/BonesonNosehigh.jpg

"Biscuits, you want to give us bisuits":
i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd150/Rattersar15/Hounds.jpg

The namesakes, though they've passed on:
i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd150/Rattersar15/TheRats.jpg

What kind of dogs are those? They look like Bernese Mt Dogs but less hair? I have been wanting a BMD so bad! Nice looking dogs :)
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 10:46:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Love Butters. VERY cute pup.

Originally Posted By Waldo0506:
This is Butters, he is a wire fox terrier born last August.

Young Butters
i180.photobucket.com/albums/x7/Waldo0506/buttersbark2.jpg

Young Butters mad at the camera
i180.photobucket.com/albums/x7/Waldo0506/buttersbark.jpg

Young Butters with halloween candy
i180.photobucket.com/albums/x7/Waldo0506/candysmall.jpg

After his first couple of weeks home he jumped over his pet gate. Below is how I shut him in the kitchen one day when I went to work. I came home and said hi, went out to get the mail, and when I came back he was waiting for me at the door, he climbed over somehow. The back of the picture has nothing on it, it is completely smooth.

i180.photobucket.com/albums/x7/Waldo0506/P5310298.jpg

Big butters in the laundry
i180.photobucket.com/albums/x7/Waldo0506/P5250292.jpg

Asleep
i180.photobucket.com/albums/x7/Waldo0506/P6220301.jpg

Asleep again
i180.photobucket.com/albums/x7/Waldo0506/P4180263.jpg

Caught playing with ribbon
i180.photobucket.com/albums/x7/Waldo0506/P5070287.jpg

ETA: Butters will bite when provoked. The neighbors pit bull won't.
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 12:59:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FMD] [#12]

Originally Posted By nikkif8:
What kind of dogs are those? They look like Bernese Mt Dogs but less hair? I have been wanting a BMD so bad! Nice looking dogs :)

Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs.

ETA: The alpine Sennenhund breeds (including the BMD) share a lineage with Rottweiers.  Great dogs, all of them.
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By FMD:

ETA: The alpine Sennenhund breeds (including the BMD) share a lineage with Rottweiers.  Great dogs, all of them.

Very nice looking dogs, I'm guessing they have a good temperment too?
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 1:15:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FMD] [#14]

The dogs you are referring to belong to Ratters (my kids are the Rotties just above his post), I answered just because I'm familliar with the breed.  That said, every Swissy I've ever come into contact with has been a sweetheart.
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 1:58:11 PM EDT
[#15]

The dogs you are referring to belong to Ratters (my kids are the Rotties just above his post), I answered just because I'm familliar with the breed.  That said, every Swissy I've ever come into contact with has been a sweetheart.

Link Posted: 6/30/2008 7:08:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: barkley-addict] [#17]
a cat I rescued in qatar, the country that u.s. servicemen and women go on pass to just off the coast of saudi arabia from iraq or afghanastan. The city was really nice but it has some slums to and I was walking around the alleyways not far from the gold suuks on a city tour and saw her lying in the street, I thought she was struck by a vehicle, she didn't even realize I was standing over her till I touched her. She was weak and had an infected rear leg and couldn't walk well, I gave her and some other cats and kittens some tuna.

I went back on the tour next day and saw her and felt really bad and couldn't leave her for good so back at the base there I started emailing vets there, it's a very modern city, and they actuall had a cat rescue organization. The lady responded quickly, and 2 days later, my last day, I went on the tour again, had her meet me at the gold suuks, we had like a 45 minute window, and we went and she was able to lure her with tuna and caught her. I gave riyals, their cash, to take her to the vet for whatever she needed and for boarding till she was well and could be flown to my parents here in the u.s., and then said goodbye.

She was doing well for a few weeks and living a good life she had never known but unfortunately passed away from a chest infection about 3 weeks later on feb. 23rd.
That email was upsetting, oddly 1 of the few things that really upset me the wold time I was in iraq.

I named her qatari.

qatari and some of the other street cats and kittens eating the tuna

I told her to go back and catch the black and white 1 to and I'd pay for it's vet care and it could go to her cat farm but I don't know if she ever did.

qatari looking like a different cat a week later
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 2:44:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ratters] [#18]

Ha, my girls are sweethearts, some of the time.  The breed isn't as overtly friendly as the berners, but are great dogs nonetheless.  My oldest one has been referred to as "snarky" on a couple occasions.  But I can't imagine life without them.

Beautiful Rotts, btw FMD.
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 8:19:17 AM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By barkley-addict:
a cat I rescued in qatar, the country that u.s. servicemen and women go on pass to just off the coast of saudi arabia from iraq or afghanastan. The city was really nice but it has some slums to and I was walking around the alleyways not far from the gold suuks on a city tour and saw her lying in the street, I thought she was struck by a vehicle, she didn't even realize I was standing over her till I touched her. She was weak and had an infected rear leg and couldn't walk well, I gave her and some other cats and kittens some tuna.

I went back on the tour next day and saw her and felt really bad and couldn't leave her for good so back at the base there I started emailing vets there, it's a very modern city, and they actuall had a cat rescue organization. The lady responded quickly, and 2 days later, my last day, I went on the tour again, had her meet me at the gold suuks, we had like a 45 minute window, and we went and she was able to lure her with tuna and caught her. I gave riyals, their cash, to take her to the vet for whatever she needed and for boarding till she was well and could be flown to my parents here in the u.s., and then said goodbye.

She was doing well for a few weeks and living a good life she had never known but unfortunately passed away from a chest infection about 3 weeks later on feb. 23rd.
That email was upsetting, oddly 1 of the few things that really upset me the wold time I was in iraq.

I named her qatari.

i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/barkleya/qatari.jpg

qatari and some of the other street cats and kittens eating the tuna

i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/barkleya/leave136.jpg

i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/barkleya/leave087.jpg

I told her to go back and catch the black and white 1 to and I'd pay for it's vet care and it could go to her cat farm but I don't know if she ever did.

i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/barkleya/qataris.jpg

qatari looking like a different cat a week later

God bless you. Poor kittys
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 2:55:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ms_embroidery] [#20]
Just found this forum too!

Armani: 14 months

Tracer: 16 months

Goldie: around 16 yrs, only has 3 legs, one was amputated from a car accident

Blackie: around 7 yrs
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 3:47:38 PM EDT
[#21]

scar, a shepherd samoyed mix and 1 of the best dogs I've ever had in every way, his brother mafausa passed away in july '03

he loves water

reddog, a boxer mix

bear, a chow mix, she came from a flea market as a really small puppy in '99

and at the summit of Holy Cross in Colorado in '01

puppi, 1 of the wildest, toughest dogs I've ever had, found her on the mountain in '04

puppi and fenris, my german shepherd, playing rough

blue, my australian cattle dog, he passed away from old age last july, we found him on the mountain in '01

Link Posted: 7/2/2008 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Me and the Emperor went camping last week.

Link Posted: 7/3/2008 8:01:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FMD] [#24]

Beautiful Rotts, btw FMD.

Thanks, bud.  We think they're awful special.

Originally Posted By Dodgeram:
Whats wrong with Bear ?

A variety of ailments cropping up due to old age (back and bladder problems most recently).  The former is what will most likely do him in, though he is still pretty healthy at the moment.

Bear's approximately ten, and has lived a pretty charmed life over the last nine. Average age for the breed is eleven before they go. While we can hope, there's no reason for us to expect he'll go much longer than that, especially with his back problems (surgery under a general is kind of a crapshoot with elderly dogs).
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 8:18:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Sasha, my sissy Pit:

Link Posted: 7/3/2008 10:26:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Cool pets

Flappy-

Link Posted: 7/3/2008 10:47:12 AM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By VACaver:
Sasha, my sissy Pit:

i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/VACaver/IMG_0726.jpg

Damn I want a pit. She is cool.

I hesitate bcause I have five other dogs and one is an English Bull Terrier.(avater)  She gets a little aggressive with the Jack Russell Terrorist and I would just be devastated if she got hurt or the pit got hurt. She constantly wrestles hard with the Boston Terrier...I have to yell at her when she's carrying the Boston across the floor by her neck skin....
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 3:50:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: capt205] [#28]
Maggie, when she was a pup, about a week after we caught her. She and 4 siblings had been tossed out of a car, The first 4 were caught and adopted right away by others, but it took about a week of building her trust, to get her close enough for us to catch her. Best dog I have ever had.

Hanging Out

Going for a ride, her favorite thing

Lounging on the upstairs landing, her favorite spot, as she can see out the front, AND back of the house from that spot.
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 4:41:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Found a baby picture of Stella...she was way too cute....She still tries to get in that position at 50 lbs....

Link Posted: 7/3/2008 11:38:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Teddybear

Tuggers

Griffin

And last is Macauly we lost him to the poisoned cat food from china

Link Posted: 7/4/2008 1:10:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: barkley-addict] [#31]
what type of dog is flappy?

that's a cool story about maggie, it's always good to know there are other people who will put so much time into helping an animal.

Stella looks like 1 of my puppies, moose, who I ended up giving away to a vet tech who loved him after a lenghty stay at the vet after an accident he had. Ironically 1 of the 4 we still have is a white smaller dog named stella.

That really is unfortunate about macauly to.
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 10:29:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Condition_1] [#32]

Link Posted: 7/6/2008 3:20:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demon4] [#33]
This is Sammy, he is a Shih-Tzu. Best house dog ever!

Link Posted: 7/7/2008 12:50:12 AM EDT
[#34]

Originally Posted By Condition_1:
Teddy (17 months) & Jasper 3 years (on the 14th)

img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/Condition_1/Jasper%20and%20Teddy/JasperTeddyJuly4th08.jpg

Wow, cool dogs and great names.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 2:47:44 AM EDT
[#35]

Originally Posted By Condition_1:
Teddy (17 months) & Jasper 3 years (on the 14th)

img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/Condition_1/Jasper%20and%20Teddy/JasperTeddyJuly4th08.jpg

Wow, cool dogs and great names.

Thanks

I'll try to get a few more individual pics and update my original post.  I groom them myself and they just recently got a trim.  They sure enjoy having a short coat during the summer months.

Link Posted: 7/7/2008 3:46:57 AM EDT
[#36]
My 1yr 3mo. lab, Yogi:

Link Posted: 7/7/2008 3:50:48 AM EDT
[#37]
4 year old Bloodhound, Duchess:

Link Posted: 7/7/2008 3:55:53 AM EDT
[#38]
11 year old GSP, Shiloh:

Link Posted: 7/7/2008 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Here is Sophie Anne, Yorkie-Poo

Abbie Gale, Yorkie

John Henry, Yorkie

Abbie is Henry's Mama...Sophie is Henry's luva...

Brownie, Rottweiler-Bulldog mix.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 6:50:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Illysium] [#42]

Originally Posted By barkley-addict:
what type of dog is flappy?

He's a Miniature Pinscher. We left his ears natural, they're huge! He's a great dog, very obedient. We got him when we lived in a small place.

I've also always wanted a GSD and a Dobie. I'll add a few full sized dogs when I have a bigger yard.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 7:00:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Chloethe wonder dog (9lb min pin)

Link Posted: 7/7/2008 11:18:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: par0thead151] [#44]

Link Posted: 7/8/2008 5:03:12 PM EDT
[#45]
I started a thread in a forum and didn't realise that there was this forum!

I absolutely love dogs and the companionship they have to offer.

Here is my co-pilot and supervisor in my gun shop.  He watches me work on every pistol that goes through the shop.  He lets me know when the UPS or FedEx truck pulls in and keeps a very watchful eye of the house and shop while nobody is home.  He is the nicest dog in the world when somebody is either at the shop or in the house, but if nobody is present, it isn't a good idea to get out of the car.

He is an Australian Cattle Dog, commonly known as the "Blue Heeler."  He is 3 years old and just about the smartest dog I have ever had the pleasure of training.  He is named Mack (short for Mackay, a city I visited when I spent a month in Australia).  He will sit, stay until you say it's ok to move, shake, shake with the other paw, speak when you ask him what a puppy says, lay down, roll over, turn around in a circle when asked to turn around, and shimmy back about 6 inches when you tell him to "back up."  He loves playing fetch and catches frisbees out of the air.  He also sits at the foot of my bed and waits till I say "Come on up" to jump in bed and lay down for sleep.

He was almost killed when he ran out in front of my brother in law and got hit with a truck.  It rattled a tooth out of his head and caused some nerve damage to his ear (that's why it won't stand up like it should).  Since then, he has found a new respect for the road and cars that drive by....he doesn't chase them at all.

Link Posted: 7/8/2008 5:10:32 PM EDT
[#46]
My JRT and Boston think they're badasses.

Deer ain't scared at all....she's just eating the corn I put out for them.

Link Posted: 7/8/2008 5:15:00 PM EDT
[#47]
New friend

Link Posted: 7/8/2008 11:47:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Here is my Rosie, she was adopted from a rescue program that found her as a stray.  The animal control here doesnt try to find homes for pits, she is a GREAT dog!

Link Posted: 7/9/2008 4:49:29 AM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By vanessavy:
yea I know oxbow very well since my bunn doesn't like timothy hay.

this is my bubbles

a483.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/62/l_b43aacd58b4c007094fe919637efb712.jpg

My girlfriend says more pictures are required!  She loves bunnies and wants one terribly badly.  A mini lop I think is what she wants.  I can't find a breeder in my area, though.  Otherwise I'd get her one.  Her only thing is that she wants a floppy eared bunny.  Any tips?

My dog, Remmy, as a very little puppy.  Being held by the breeder's daughter.
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 12:01:48 PM EDT
[#50]
My two beasts. Simon the JRT and Rod the retired racer. I couldn't have two more different dogs, but they are a great pair. The little one is a ball of fire and the big one just wants to freaking sleep all day. I had a kid ask me if he was a kangaroo once. I got a laugh out of that.

Page / 21
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top