Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2017 5:41:29 PM EDT
My black lab Sarah rolled in something this morning and stunk.  So, I took her outside this afternoon and tied her to a barrel.  Using water from the barrel, I wetted her down at which point she panicked and wanted to flee.  I kept her at my side and applied Dr. Bonner's soap to wash her and rub her down.  I made sure I avoided the eyes but got her cheeks and chin  Afterward I rinsed her off and dried her.  She's had baths before, but it was always at a dog groomer joint.  Is there an easier way?
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 5:51:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.

Get a great Dane , and a girlfriend.

Lazy ass dog won't stay outside long enough to get dirty, traitorous mutt will cuddle with the woman while you're away. Dog smells like foofy girl all the time.

Profit

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#2]
In all seriousness I use the hose. Krash would NOT accept water being poured over him, freaked him out. But the hose he could see, bite at ect.

Worked well for me.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 6:23:37 PM EDT
[#3]
They make walk-in tubs that have a door, a drain, a spot to hook up a hose and place to attach a short leash.

About $200.  Scrubadub Dog or something like that.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 7:47:04 PM EDT
[#4]
A Lab that doesn't like water?
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#5]
like many things, the first time your are exposed to something you don't really understand... it freaks you out a bit. Bath her like that often and it will settle her down. make sure you are even keeled and not excited or frustrated with her, lots of praise... maybe even some treats.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a large walk in shower. I tell Boxerdog that it`s "bath time" and he follows me into the shower. I turn the shower head on and he gets a drink before the water heats up. After the water is warm I turn on the handheld shower and soak him down good. Then I pour a long line of "Dawn" dish soap along his spine from head to tail. Spray him with the handheld to foam up the soap. Rub it in really well and then do it again. Next I THOUROUGHLY rinse him with the handheld. He then shakes off and then he gets "towel time". When I have him as dry as I can get him I open the door and he dives in the dirty clothes bin and rubs around. Next he runs into the bedroom and bails off into the pillow pile. After that it`s outside to the wife and "secondary" towel time. He likes this the best as the Wife rubs him with the outdoor towel even though he`s already dry. Damn dog LOVES towel time.

Next he RACES up the drive for his daily run. I piddle around for a few minutes and then I hop in the Can Am and drive up to our meeting spot. He, by this time, has crapped twice, sniffed till he can`t sniff anymore, peed about 50 times and is slobbering because he`s covered about a mile. He`s played with his horse buddy, seen the rabbits ( leaves them alone), seen the deer (leaves them alone) and has generally had a BIG time. He hops in the Can Am with me and stands up in the front seat with his nose in the lead on the way home. When I pull under the carport he hops out and trots to the back door where I let him in for the first of his many daily naps.

He`s a bit spoiled.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My black lab Sarah rolled in something this morning and stunk.  So, I took her outside this afternoon and tied her to a barrel.  Using water from the barrel, I wetted her down at which point she panicked and wanted to flee.  I kept her at my side and applied Dr. Bonner's soap to wash her and rub her down.  I made sure I avoided the eyes but got her cheeks and chin  Afterward I rinsed her off and dried her.  She's had baths before, but it was always at a dog groomer joint.  Is there an easier way?
View Quote

Plastic kiddy pool. Fill. Let warm. One hold her collar and one bathe. Oatmeal shampoo. Put hose on light spray and rinse. Towel and leave on screen porch till dry. Takes about 3-5 minutes.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 10:49:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A Lab that doesn't like water?
View Quote
She'll lay down in the river every chance she gets.  Only seen her swim once.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 6:07:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:08:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sounds like your plastic kiddie pool is the best option.
View Quote
Thanks.  I plan to get one soon.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:23:10 PM EDT
[#11]
If you've got a retriever, all you need is:
Dummy
Shampoo
Swimming Pool
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top